Profile for D.G > Reviews

Content by D.G

D.G (England)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-14
The Navy Lark Collection: Series 6, Volume 2: December 1963 - January 1964 (BBC Audio)
by Laurie Wyman
Edition: Audio CD

5.0 out of 5 stars Great ol fashioned comedy., 20 Jan. 2014
Bought for a member of my family who thinks they are all great. No complaints. They are all clearly recorded and what they say is what you get.

swell Advanced Volumising Conditioner 250 ml
swell Advanced Volumising Conditioner 250 ml

3.0 out of 5 stars Just a conditioner, 18 Jan. 2014
Perhaps I expected too much, but at the price perhaps I was right to. My hair seems to be fly away and I did use it and my hair was ok but I somehow expect it to look different. It appeared to me to be no different than any other conditioner, apart from the price.

Lock & Lock Tall Square "cookie Jar" 4ltr
Lock & Lock Tall Square "cookie Jar" 4ltr

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent item, 8 Jan. 2014
Great for storing cereals or any foodstuffs really. The lids fit well and seem to keep their click after many uses.

Dubor PR100 Professional Cake Release Spray 600 ml
Dubor PR100 Professional Cake Release Spray 600 ml
Offered by Bakers Creations

5.0 out of 5 stars It works very well., 8 Jan. 2014
I have bought release agents before but they had to be spread on with a brush, this is a huge can and is larger than the photo makes it appear. A quick spray does the job very well. I've been looking for a spray type for ages. I will buy it again.

Aunt Bessie's Custard Powder 600G
Aunt Bessie's Custard Powder 600G

5.0 out of 5 stars SUPERB CUSTARD POWDER., 6 Jan. 2014
I bought this brand in my local store one week when they were out of stock of the extremely well known make. I decided after trying the new brand that I would always buy this brand whenever possible. I'm disappointed not to find in stores as easy as the other brand hence me buying a bulk amount off AMAZON. It has a wonderful creamy taste and made in the normal way just seems far smoother and lighter, not so stodgy. I will always buy Aunt Bessies custard powder when I can find it.

Dreamland Intelliheat Harmony King Size Heated Over Blanket with Dual Control
Dreamland Intelliheat Harmony King Size Heated Over Blanket with Dual Control
Offered by Co-operative Independent Living

5.0 out of 5 stars FANTASTIC ITEM, 12 Nov. 2013
I bought two of these for two king sized beds. Fantastic how quickly they heat up and heat remains in the bed for ages once switched off, I don't leave mine on all night.
The blanket is heavier than some might like. Far heavier than the early ones but it heats up far quicker and to a far higher heat.
The sizing is very generous and the blanket over hangs the bed by fourteen inches at the sides.

Dreamland Sleepwell 6987 King Size Dual Control Heated Pure Cotton Quilted Fully Fitted Mattress Cover
Offered by Direct Sales

5.0 out of 5 stars FITTED ELECTRIC BLANKET, 12 Nov. 2013
Excellent item. Fitted the king sized mattress just right, no bagginess or wrinkles. The skirt around the blanket is just right I can't think of anything to criticise about it.

T&G CrushGrind Capstan Pepper Mill, Hevea, 510 mm
T&G CrushGrind Capstan Pepper Mill, Hevea, 510 mm
Offered by Harts Of Stur

5.0 out of 5 stars GIANT PEPPER MILL, 1 Nov. 2013
Really pleased with the look of this mill. Wonderful quality wood, beautifully smooth feel to it and the little knob at the top that is removed to fill the mill is of turned wood, not some plastic or metal top. It's certainly dramatic in its size.

Kenwood AT 445 potato peeler Major
Kenwood AT 445 potato peeler Major

5.0 out of 5 stars I have found this more useful than I thought it might be., 16 Oct. 2013
I've used this a number of times and it cleans a batch of new potatoes in a minute flat. With older potatoes that have the thicker skins it takes about three minutes. The bowl fastens in the opposite direction to the mixing bowl and takes a couple of goes to get the hang of fitting the shaft that comes down into the potato peeler. Simple to use though.

Kenwood KMM020 Chef Major Titanium Stand Mixer
Kenwood KMM020 Chef Major Titanium Stand Mixer

5.0 out of 5 stars EXCELLENT QUALITY, 2 Oct. 2013
I was surprised by the excellent quality of this machine. Stainless steel tools are well made and smooth with no rough edges and heavier than the previously aluminium ones. All the attachments are well made, the machine works well and is quite quiet.
The liquidiser glass jug is far larger than the older model major and is heavier. All in all I am very pleased with my purchase.

Edit: Having used it a few times I think that the K beater is rather too heavy. It does work well though. The very fancy balloon whisk needs adjusting slightly as does the flexible beater to allow them to sit lower in the bowl, an easy enough thing to do.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-14