Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Content by Amazon Customer

Amazon Customer

Venture Deals: Be Smarter Than Your Lawyer and Venture Capitalist
Venture Deals: Be Smarter Than Your Lawyer and Venture Capitalist

5.0 out of 5 stars A must read for anyone looking for investment for the first time, 11 Sept. 2012
In the process of looking for investment for my startup I was recommend this book to read before doing anything else, and I wasn't disappointed. The biggest fear in going to ask for investment is worrying you won't understand what they are talking about or that you will look a fool for not being able to answer questions because you don't understand any of the terminology. Reading this book will go a long way in helping you overcome those fears. It explains everything in an easy to understand and easy to read manner and the Entrepreneur's perspective sections are also insightful.

In short if you are looking to grasp a better understand of venture capitalists and the terms used this is a must read.

Build a Brand in 30 Days: With Simon Middleton, The Brand Strategy Guru
Build a Brand in 30 Days: With Simon Middleton, The Brand Strategy Guru

5.0 out of 5 stars Very useful guide if you are launching a new company, 4 Aug. 2012
Having recently been put in charge of marketing and branding for a couple of startups I was looking a guide to help me through the process. I had the companies names and a lot of ideas but no structure or guidance.

This book was very useful in providing that structure and really got me thinking about how to communicate the brands for both companies. I would highly recommend it if you are going through a launch or if like me you come from a sales background and need some guidance in marketing and branding.