Profile for Brian > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Dinosaur Summer
Dinosaur Summer

5.0 out of 5 stars Lost world mark 2 or 3?, 25 Feb. 2015
This review is from: Dinosaur Summer (Kindle Edition)
A great little book which tries to follow on from Doyle's classic novel and it makes a fair stab at it my only criticism is that the first half does drag a bit as the author sets up a complicated plot line, some of which lines are not followed up in the main story. But a good read

Jan van Haasteren - The Escape! - 1000 Piece Jigsaw Puzzle "New December 2014"
Jan van Haasteren - The Escape! - 1000 Piece Jigsaw Puzzle "New December 2014"

5.0 out of 5 stars jigsaw, 24 Feb. 2015
A great jigsaw as expected, if you like Jan Van Haasteren's jigsaws then you won't be disappointed by this one

Crustaceans
Crustaceans

5.0 out of 5 stars Crabs!, 22 Feb. 2015
This review is from: Crustaceans (Kindle Edition)
Neville has 're-invented the crab horror novel and this book is reminiscent of guy Smith's novels. Here it is the crabs vs New York city and is a great read.

Beneath the Surface
Beneath the Surface

4.0 out of 5 stars Who survives?, 19 Feb. 2015
A good little short story about the future after a atomic war. Bit too short for me but can't complain as it was a freebie.

The Hole
The Hole

5.0 out of 5 stars The hole, 19 Feb. 2015
This review is from: The Hole (Kindle Edition)
A great read if you like your pulp fiction. A town starts to develop sinkhole' s and people start to disappear. It's not dickens but if you like this type of fiction then you'll enjoy this one a good book to pass a couple of hours away.

The Invasion
The Invasion

5.0 out of 5 stars A great pulp novel, 17 Feb. 2015
This review is from: The Invasion (Kindle Edition)
I enjoyed this book, despite the bad reviews. It does what it says on the tin and if you like horror novels then you will probably like this one.
Aliens start an invasion by turning snow into a deadly green snow that kills all life plants and animals, and that's just the beginning. Recommended

Worlds at War
Worlds at War

3.0 out of 5 stars War of the worlds version 3, 13 Feb. 2015
This review is from: Worlds at War (Kindle Edition)
I brought this book as I like the original novel and I enjoyed the books by Robert Reginald about the Martian' s striking back. However, I found this book less enjoyable due mainly to the way it is written in a diary format but it did pass the time and I am pleased that I read it. If you are really into "war of the worlds" then I would recommend you try the books by Reginald first.

The Valley
The Valley

5.0 out of 5 stars Cowboys vs monsters, 10 Feb. 2015
This review is from: The Valley (Kindle Edition)
I read island of terror by this author and enjoyed it so I brought this book as well. I can't say too much about it as it would spoil the plot. But ridiculous as it sounds the story of cowboys vs monsters really does work and I enjoyed the book. Recommended if you like this genre of fiction.

Professor Challenger
Professor Challenger

5.0 out of 5 stars A great pulp fiction read, 8 Feb. 2015
I did have my reservations about another author resurrecting professor challenger but it worked and the end result is a great pulp read and I await a sequel with eagerness.

Normans and Early Plantagenets (An Alternative History of Britain:)
Normans and Early Plantagenets (An Alternative History of Britain:)

4.0 out of 5 stars Alternative Normans and plantagents, 7 Feb. 2015
Overall I did enjoy this book but I did think that it lost it's way a bit in the reign of Henry 2nd, probably because of the real problems of that kings reign and I feel that it would have benefited by only concentrating on the major events of his reign. But overall all of Timothy Venning' s scenarios were believable .

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20