Profile for NEO007 > Reviews

Content by NEO007

NEO007 (UK)

Luxury Garden Steamer / Recliner Chair Cushion with Premium Filling and Fabric - Natural

5.0 out of 5 stars Slightly firm, but quality, 4 Jun 2014
Good quality, slightly on the firm side, but a decent price for the product. I would have ideally liked a softer filling, but these will probably last longer as a result

48 Hours: A City of London Thriller
48 Hours: A City of London Thriller
Price: 0.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Engaging and enjoyable - a great holiday book, 4 Jun 2014
This is a very enjoyable book which is well written, based on likeable characters with an exciting story which takes the reader on a journey around London. This was free to download, but I would have been happy to pay for it. The negative comments seem overblown and I would commend the writer for this book.

Veho VCC-A007-PBP Pebble 5000mAH Portable Battery Pack Charger for iPod, iPhone, Mobile Phones
Offered by total digital stores
Price: 28.77

5.0 out of 5 stars Pebble - better than I expected, 29 Dec 2010
I was unsure when I ordered this product. With the snow and the train problems, I had been caught out a few times when either my blackberry or my iPod ran out of battery when I needed them most. I have now had the Pebble for a few weeks and I have used it more than I expected. It holds its power well (It came with a full charge and I have not charged it up since, it still has half of the original power left). The pebble itself looks good and feels solid. The adapters are fine, it comes with what I need for the iPod, blackberry and a few others that I have not needed to use yet. It does not come with a power adapter, but I have lots of them sitting around the house, so this is not a big problem. Overall, I would really recommend this. You may not think you need it, but you will find it really useful.

Call of Duty: Black Ops (PS3)
Call of Duty: Black Ops (PS3)
Offered by Gameline GmbH.
Price: 14.98

2.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as modern warfare, 14 Nov 2010
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
I am a massive call of duty fan, but I have noticed a significant difference is game between those created by 'Infinity Ward' (who make modern warfare) and 'Treyarch' (who were responsible for world at war and Black Ops) I am sure that this is purely personal preference. I am not saying that black ops is not a good game, because it is. It's just that compared to modern warfare, there are a number of major differences/weaknesses.

For example, the story line on black ops is not engaging, the makers seem to make it painful to watch with interrogation, and violent scenes which are not pleasant to watch and do not add to the story. The gameplay is also a lot less precise, it is more about shooting of lots of people in a more frenetic pace, which I personally find pretty repetitive. When playing modern warfare I genuinely feel engaged with the story and the action is slicker and more precise. I get goosebumps when playing Modern Warfare, I just end up feeling a little bit queasy after playing Black Ops.

Then, when it comes to with friends, Modern Warfare has Special Ops which allows you to pay really engaging sections in split screen, working with one of your friends or family. Black Ops has none of this, only Zombies which is pretty boring.

So would I Recommend you buy it.....yes I would, Black Ops is a lot better than many games out there. But This will be the last Call of Duty game I game that is made by Treyarch. I am now only going to buy those made by Infinity Ward.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 15, 2010 1:15 PM GMT

Xbox 360 Arcade Console (256 MB Memory Unit)
Xbox 360 Arcade Console (256 MB Memory Unit)

3.0 out of 5 stars Needs hard drive for Xbox compatability, 28 Sep 2008
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
The Xbox 360 arcade is OK, but I think a few things should be made clearer. Firstly, to have backwards compatability for XBox games, the 360 needs a hard drive which does not come with the Arcade. This means that it may be cheaper to buy a package that comes with a hard drive. Secondly, I find issues with the sound, especially via the HDMI connection. The way the connections are, you cannot have the picture going into one source and the sounds going into another source, unless you have bought the additional connector. All of this means that you may end up spending a lot more money to get even basic functionality.

Apple MA365ZM/D - Nike + iPod Sport Kit
Apple MA365ZM/D - Nike + iPod Sport Kit

5.0 out of 5 stars Will make a runner out of a couch potato, 16 Feb 2008
I bought the Nike+ kit for the iPod Nano just after Christmas as part of my post Christmas usual fitness drive. I have never been into running, having tried to get into it a number of times before. I didn't want to buy the Nike + trainers so I bought one of the plastic holders that you can attach to your trainers. The Nike+ kit however is a truly fantastic product, it gives you a motivation that I was not expecting. It works very well and when hooked up to the Nike+ website, it can allow you to set goals and track progress. This is brilliant, and it provides such a sense of satisfaction as you achieve your goals and see your average time improving. I could not recommend this enough whether you are a seasoned runner, or a novice looking to get into shape, this is the right piece of kit for you!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 27, 2008 7:14 PM GMT

JBL Creature II White Mac/Win
JBL Creature II White Mac/Win

3.0 out of 5 stars Average, not great though a bit tinny, 26 Dec 2006
Purchased for use with my iMac. I had great hopes for these, they look good and go with Apple products well in the looks dept, but a couple of key criticisms, firstly and the biggest being that they do not go very loud, certainly not loud enough to fill a room (and they should for this price). The booster is heavy and feels solid, but the speakers and extremely small and light. The sound is bassy though, but for some reason the sound seems either too bassy or too tinny, depending on the song, so if you don't want to be fiddling and your have a wide music taste would suggest that you look at something from Altec Lansing, they are in a different league and are not too much more!

The Very Best of Deacon Blue
The Very Best of Deacon Blue
Price: 7.33

1.0 out of 5 stars Cannot play on iPod, 27 Dec 2005
Whilst this is no doubt a good collection of Deacon Blue music, the CD itself cannot be read by PCs/MACS, which means that the music cannot be loaded onto an iPod or other MP3 player, which in many ways makes the product useless. Only purchase if you will be playing in a traditional CD player
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 17, 2014 4:58 PM GMT