Profile for Anders Staunskær Vedel > Reviews

Content by Anders Staunsk...

Anders Staunskær Vedel (Viborg, Denmark)

Hungarian Rhapsody
Hungarian Rhapsody

5.0 out of 5 stars This is hands down the best capture of Queen in their performing years with the ..., 7 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Hungarian Rhapsody (Blu-ray)
This is hands down the best capture of Queen in their performing years with the original quartet. Three main reasons why this is superior to Wembley '86: 1) The filming: the best crew in Hungary was used + it was recorded onto real film tape (wembley used video), so the picture quality is way beyond Wembley, only Rock Montreal comes close. 2) The show was at night - you can get the impression of the lighting design like Queen intended the audience to see it. 3) I'm not certain this is a fact, but the audio recording also seems better, more definition.
Go get it!

35th Anniversary Tour - Live In Poland [Blu-ray] [2014]
35th Anniversary Tour - Live In Poland [Blu-ray] [2014]
Dvd ~ Toto
Offered by skyvo-direct

5.0 out of 5 stars Never better, 6 May 2014
This is the finest capture of TOTO in terms of the their musical performance, sound, mix and visually. The song catalogue is interesting and fulfilling, although I find "It's a feeling" and the verse of "Wings of Time" to be duds that do live up to the energy and enjoyment of the rest of the set. This is a band incarnation that enjoys to play together and play extremely well together. The video production is mostly enjoyable with many different angels and great edits, though I find there is a tendency to put too many effects on; the end of "White Sister" is way over the top and looking like a late-80's commercial.

Falling in Between
Falling in Between

5.0 out of 5 stars TOTO at it's best, 15 Feb. 2006
This review is from: Falling in Between (Audio CD)
I had anxoiusly awaited the arrival of my copy ever since the news broke of a new record. Right of the bat: It was worth the wait!
While there are several songs on previous records I don't listen to, I can honestly say that there isn't even one track I would skip. Every song has something to offer.
The diversity on this record is amazing and still it seems very coherent. The performance is mindboggling and the production is just sonic bliss.
Standout tracks: Let it go, King of the world, Spiritual man, Dying on my feet, Falling in between

Captain Fantastic & The Brown Dirt Cowboy
Captain Fantastic & The Brown Dirt Cowboy
Offered by skyvo-direct

5.0 out of 5 stars A master piece just better, 6 Jan. 2005
Unlike many Elton John fans I consider this album to the best of his along side Goodbye Yellow Brick Road. Maybe that is connected to the fact that this was the first LP I can remember putting on my dad's grammofon when I was tall enough to reach the buttons. From the age of 4 I put it on constantly. I made sure that I got the original poster and booklets from the album when my dad disgarded his LPs. By then I had the remastered CD. To this day I think it's one of the finest album I if did hear. But now at the age of 22 I have found a substitute for my much played CD.
Captain Fantastic in SACD!!!
There are so much more in this album yet and it is all reveiled in SACD. It becomes an even more emotional and sincere record. I thought that was impossible. The title track has always been a favourite of mine and like all the others it shines even more. Throughout the album the Davey Johnstone's guitars, mandolins, you name it, have been given a boost. Personally I think the piano is more subdued but still dominantly pronounced in the ballads.
What I like the most is the crystal clear sound and the backing vocals. There are so much more nuiances in the entire album. You can litterally hear that it is Lennon singing back vox in the chorus of Lucy'and Nigel, Dee and Davey's bakcing voxs are sounding more superb than ever. Really suberp, recording artists today could or have learned from these guys.
I wont bore you any more. Just go ahead and replace your CD but keep your LP for sentimental reason. This is the ultimate edition of a master piece.

Peachtree Road
Peachtree Road

4.0 out of 5 stars Buy this SACD instead of the ordinary CD, 20 Nov. 2004
This review is from: Peachtree Road (Audio CD)
I have to agree with of current reviews present hear or other places. This proves that "Songs from the West Coast" wasn't a lonely star. Peachtree road is certainly up there even compared to the 70's classic.
The lyrics are poignant. Melodies seems oddly familiar at first listen. Muscicianship of the finest. Eltons voice sounds great. Very uplifting with the southern feel to the album. Production is top-notch; not bad for a first-run.
One thing I have to add that no-one has mentioned before... This is one of the best sounding SACD's I have heard. I won't go into detail - it has to be heard. After being a bit disapointed of the SACD version of Goodbye Yellow... I was SO glad and amazed of the sound here. You really find yourself wrapped in this wonderful album. So crisp and clear sound beautifully seperated and present. Such a difference from ordinary CD to this SACD.
If you are wondering whether you should SACD player you only need listen one of this Peachtree Road and compare it to ordinary CD. Go down to your hi-fi shop and make them demonstrate SACD for your using this disc. Do it and do it tomorrow. You wont be sorry
The only drawback in this production is the poor "clap" sound on "I can't keep this from you". Instead using the gospel choir at his disposal John uses are very artifical clap.
Only one hick-up from me... The album is growing on me and I can't stop playing this album. It will go into heavy rotation in my ever-growing EJ collection.