Profile for Lew Aldridge > Reviews

Content by Lew Aldridge

Lew Aldridge

NEW Swan 12 SET OF TREMOLO HARMONICAS IN A CASE
NEW Swan 12 SET OF TREMOLO HARMONICAS IN A CASE
Offered by Really Useful Music Company (RUMC)

5.0 out of 5 stars A bargain at the price - strongly recommended, 22 Feb. 2015
Firstly, delivery was excellent - within 2 days. At this price I wasn't sure if the product would be good - but worth a try. The harmonicas are robustly made have a very good tone and are well tuned. They are Asiatic (scale tuned) which is ideal for soloing and fills for pop, country and folk (Note these are not blues harps). They are drier in tone than western harmonicas which, like the tuning, suits my style of playing. The case is strong and convenient to carry to gigs.

Overall I am very pleased with both the product and the service. I have no doubt I will buy again from this supplier. Strongly recommended

ADAPTER / JACK TO XLR (MALE)
ADAPTER / JACK TO XLR (MALE)
Offered by Consoletronic Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, 16 Nov. 2014
Does the job and seems to be sturdily built. Would buy another if I need one.

Hohner 280/C 64 Reed Chromonica
Hohner 280/C 64 Reed Chromonica

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality - Great tone, 15 April 2014
I've owned one of these before - a good workhorse instrument. IMHO far superior in tone to the cheaper chinese imports. I had a Hering but the plastic of the comb was poor quality and crumbled - the Hohner is far more durable. A good buy.

British Battleships 1889-1904
British Battleships 1889-1904
by R. A. Burt

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent reference book, 8 Nov. 2013
This book is a superb reference work on one of the most interesting periods of warship construction. It complements Oscar Parkes British Battleships in that there are numerous photographs and detail drawings.

It is one of the best books I have seen for printing quality, which really brings out the detail in the photographs.

If you have any interest in this period it is a must buy.

Tie-clip microphone, 680 ohm Uni-directional
Tie-clip microphone, 680 ohm Uni-directional

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good value, 8 Nov. 2013
I use electret mic's on stage to amplify harmonicas into a home built preamp and monitor box. In the past I have made my own mic's but at this price point I decided to try this product.

I'm impressed with the solid build quality and it's performance and intend to buy a few more for spares.

Highly recommended

Digitus 9m USB 2.0 to DSUB Serial Converter
Digitus 9m USB 2.0 to DSUB Serial Converter

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent product, 6 April 2013
Delivered promptly, well packaged.

Needed for a WinXP machine without a serial port. Worked exactly as expected and saved having to buy a new USB graphics tablet. Strongly recommend