Profile for A. Tucker > Reviews

Content by A. Tucker

A. Tucker "A Tucker" (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
Peter Rabbit: A Winter's Tale
Peter Rabbit: A Winter's Tale
by Beatrix Potter

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, 24 Oct. 2010
I opened this with much anticipation, but was disappointed by the quality. Some of the pages were not seperated, but I managed to do this without damaging them. The last page was faulty and the 'tree' on the left hand side of the book detached completely. I have returned this as I could not give it to my grandson for Christmas, however, I will be ordering another copy later. The illustration etc on the book was magical. I hope I have better luck with the next one.

Lost - Season 6 [DVD]
Lost - Season 6 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Evangeline Lily

5.0 out of 5 stars Christmas Surprise, 24 Oct. 2010
This review is from: Lost - Season 6 [DVD] (DVD)
Haven't opened yet as it is a Christmas present. Received item quickly and well packed. Would buy more from this seller.

Ultimate Children's Favourites [DVD]
Ultimate Children's Favourites [DVD]
Offered by A ENTERTAINMENT

5.0 out of 5 stars Gabriel loves it!, 1 Jun. 2010
This is a great DVD. My grandson loves it. I has a good selection of different short sections. It helps to keep the younger child's attention as they don't get bored. I would recommend this to any mother or Grandmother, or Grandfather for that matter.

1x New Chocolate Orthopaedic 'V' Shaped /Nursing Pillow Case
1x New Chocolate Orthopaedic 'V' Shaped /Nursing Pillow Case
Offered by E 4 Emporium Limited

5.0 out of 5 stars Relax in Style, 1 Jun. 2010
As I have been less mobile for some time I find it necessary to have plenty of V pillow covers. I have found it very difficult previously to find them in various colours, but finally came upon this. They are great quality and the service was excellent. Delivery was very fast. I would recommand them to anyone!

Bob the Builder - the Movie: Built to Be Wild [DVD]
Bob the Builder - the Movie: Built to Be Wild [DVD]
Dvd ~ Bob the Builder
Offered by best_value_entertainment

3.0 out of 5 stars Gabriel viewing, 10 Mar. 2010
I haven't actually seen this yet, but my daughter has with her son who is 2. He loves Bob normally, but he found this a little boring. My daughter said that she found it a little strange. I don't know why, as I said, I have not seen it. Perhaps it would be better for the older child!!

Max's New Baby
Max's New Baby
by Danielle Steel

3.0 out of 5 stars Gabriel and Gran, 10 Mar. 2010
This review is from: Max's New Baby (Hardcover)
I ordered this because I have all of Danielle Steele books and purchase any new ones as they are printed. Unfortunately, I misunderstood what it was all about. It is showing a child what would happen when a sibling is introduced into the family. It is great for that purpose, but not for what I wanted. It's my fault for not reading the description properly. I am keeping it though as my daughter has a 2 year old and is hoping to have another child one day, so it will come in handy for that.

Moral of story:-

Read descriptions carefully and not just to order by author name.

Fireman Sam 2-in-1 Puzzles (12 and 24 Pieces)
Fireman Sam 2-in-1 Puzzles (12 and 24 Pieces)

5.0 out of 5 stars Gabriel's latest, 10 Mar. 2010
= Durability:1.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:5.0 out of 5 stars
I bought this for my Grandson's 2nd Birthday. He loves jigsaws. Out of all I bought him this is what he aimed for and loves it!! It is just the right size and he does not seem to get so frustrated if he has the wrong piece. I would recommend this to anyone who has a child that likes problem solving!

Fireman Sam: To The Rescue/Big Freeze/On Stage [DVD]
Fireman Sam: To The Rescue/Big Freeze/On Stage [DVD]
Dvd ~ Fireman Sam

5.0 out of 5 stars Grandsons favourites, 23 Jan. 2010
My grandson is Fireman Sam mad and we only realised this just before Christmas. There was a mad dash to try and get him things from Father Christmas on Fireman Sam, but he must be very popular because everything we tried to get was sold out. I told my daughter that you cannot leave it late for popular things because they do get sold out quickly. However, I found some DVD's for him, one of which is this one. He loves it, and watches it repeatedly if I let him. I try to persuade him to have others on for while, but he always comes back to Sam.

All the short clips are based on Fire awareness and Fire safety. He is too young to know this at the moment, but if he hears the moral often enough, hopefully it will stick in his brain for the future. I like watching them with him as they are also very funny. As a welsh person myself I can see the funny side and remember what it was like when I was young. My grandsons interest in these was rewarded after Christmas by my Son-in-law's friend who is a fireman. He invited two of his friends children down to the station and showed them around. They had a slide on the 'pole' and he drove them around a short distance with the 'ne-naw' blasting. They absolutely loved it. They have got another date with him in the summer.

I thank Fireman Sam for this interest and know that the lessons will be remembered for future reference.

Children's Favourites: Incredibubble [DVD]
Children's Favourites: Incredibubble [DVD]
Dvd ~ Children's Favourites
Offered by A ENTERTAINMENT

5.0 out of 5 stars Grandsons choice, 23 Jan. 2010
This is another great DVD with short clips of various well loved cartoon characters. There is plenty of choice within the DVD, but you can also let it run through all of them. They clips are not too long and my grandson who is 23 months does not get bored because of the variety. They are also clips of his favourites, such as The Wiggles, Fireman Sam, Thomas the Tank Engine, Pingu and Bob the Builder. There is only one really 'girly' one which is Angelina Ballerina that he is not fussed on, so I just skip it for him.

I would recommend it to anyone who has a grandchild who is starting to get interested in the TV. My grandson has only just started to sit quietly to watch something he is interested in, and we all get a few minutes peace from his wanting us all to play with him. It has a good variety of subjects if you don't know which one they would like and you soon find out what is their favourite, so that you can then buy a DVD just about that.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 9, 2014 7:58 AM BST

Fireman Sam Electronic Musical TV
Fireman Sam Electronic Musical TV

4.0 out of 5 stars Grandsons choice, 23 Jan. 2010
I ordered this for my grandson for Christmas as he is Fireman Sam mad. He loves it of course, but it is much smaller than I thought it would be. However, it is just right for little hands. The music can get a bit boring, but again my grandson loves it and keeps playing it. It keeps him quiet though and stops him turning the buttons on my TV for a while. He learned very quickly how to change the music and twist and turn the knobs, but he has not tired of it yet. It has helped him to do something on his own instead of insisting that I or is parents do it for him.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7