Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Content by Amazon Customer

Amazon Customer (West Sussex)

Page: 1 | 2
Houseboat
Houseboat
Dvd

4.0 out of 5 stars Bing, Bang, Bong., 26 Mar. 2015
This review is from: Houseboat (Amazon Video)
I love this film.... It is a bit smaltzy but that is its charm. Sophia Loren was in her prime and truly beautiful. Fully understand why Cary Grant fell for her off set as well as on. And now all these years later the song, Bing Bang Bong, is being used in a TV advert.

Tuuli Beach Towel Clips - Design Tuuli Blue/Design Fish (2+2 pcs)
Tuuli Beach Towel Clips - Design Tuuli Blue/Design Fish (2+2 pcs)

5.0 out of 5 stars A must have holiday accessory, 20 Aug. 2014
Absolutely a holiday must have. No longer do our beach towels move on the loungers.

Fur Eze Wonder Broom Telescopic Pet Hair Fur Remover
Fur Eze Wonder Broom Telescopic Pet Hair Fur Remover

3.0 out of 5 stars Picks up pet hair reasonably easy...., 20 Aug. 2014
Does what it says but you do need to go over the same spot a few times. I find it a bit tiring so have commandeered the husband to use it.

Emjoi MICRO Pedi Man Super Coarse Micro-Mineral Replacement Rollers (Set of 2)
Emjoi MICRO Pedi Man Super Coarse Micro-Mineral Replacement Rollers (Set of 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars Rough skin on my feet a thing of the past......, 20 Aug. 2014
My feet have never looked so good since I started using the Emjoi Micro Pedi. Absolutely brilliant. The rollers seem to last quite a while and I use mine on a regular basis. Find the super course rollers better than the standard ones and then I finish off with the pink rollers. If you have rough skin on your feet then certainly consider this make. Also, Emjoi customer service is brilliant. My first machine had a fault with the battery compartment. I called them and they instantly same day sent out a replacement.

Pineapple Slicer & Wedger Stainless Steel Green Gift Pack
Pineapple Slicer & Wedger Stainless Steel Green Gift Pack

5.0 out of 5 stars The hassle of peeling a pineapple with a knife has disappeared, 20 Aug. 2014
I've been considering buying something to ease the hassle of peeling a pineapple for some time but just didn't get around to it. I finally made the decision and ordered the Vacu Vin 4-in-1 pineapple peeler. I am so very pleased that I did. This gadget works a treat. So much easier than trying to peel with a knife. I would highly recommend and wish I'd bought one years ago.

Tool Tech 4-Step Ladder
Tool Tech 4-Step Ladder

1.0 out of 5 stars Great step ladder... shame the packaging the supplier used was utterly inferior, 9 April 2014
Ladder is perfect for what we need and appears sturdy. However, we bought through TopNotchSales and I would not buy another thing from them. It arrived today 09-04-14 with an outer wrapping of black plastic sheeting, akin to bin bags, and selotaped. The outside felt wet so luckily and sensibly, we decided to open it in the kitchen. To our horror, we then discovered that the second clear plastic wrapping was torn everywhere and the whole ladder covered in brown/orange rusty water which went all over the floor and orange rusty stains on each of the steps and steel work. Even the paper attached to the inner wrapping describing the ladder was soaking wet and just fell to pieces. Having washed it off under the shower, and then scrubing all the surfaces, we were able to get it more or less clean. This item should never have left the warehouse in the state it was in. We did contemplate returning it but then that would have been a hassle and now it has been cleaned, it is fine for usage. Suppose the moral here is if you buy cheap, don't expect miracles, and you get what you pay for.

Emu Australia Sandford Women's Gloves Mushroom Medium/Large
Emu Australia Sandford Women's Gloves Mushroom Medium/Large

4.0 out of 5 stars Toasty warm hands, 9 April 2013
I wasn't sure whether to buy these as they are not cheep but decided to take the plunge. Next came the question of size and I chose medium/large. My hands are not particularly large, by any means, but the gloves are definitely a snug fit. Is a struggle to get them on but once they are, then your hands are kept lovely and warm.

Emjoi MICRO Pedi Portable Pedicure Device
Emjoi MICRO Pedi Portable Pedicure Device

1.0 out of 5 stars Worked a treat at first... but changing batteries a nightmare....., 9 April 2013
I was well impressed with the Micro-Pedi device when I first used it. I said highly recommended if you want to ensure you have lovely soft heels to show off in summer sandal's. However, I have just tried to change the batteries for the fist time. A simple task you would think.... turned the top as described in the instructions and removed the next part to see the batteries. At this point, a tiny little part fell to the floor. Managed to retrieve but since then, no matter what I try, I simply can't get it back together again. I am so annoyed and frustrated. There can't be anything more simple than to change batteries in a gadget yet with the Micro-Pedi it has turned into a nightmare. The next thing will be to return to Amazon for a replacement. I have visited the Emjoi site to see if they have a "what to do if...." section but they do not. Not happy.

Logitech M570 Trackball Cordless [Non-UK Model]
Logitech M570 Trackball Cordless [Non-UK Model]
Offered by PrimeScourInc

5.0 out of 5 stars No more tingling..., 21 Dec. 2012
This is the first trackball mouse I have owned and I have to say, now that I have got used to it, I won't go back to an ordinary mouse. The tingling sensations in my hand, wrist and arm that I was getting have disappeared. My wrist is now in the correct position whilst using my PC. Wonderful invention and I wish I'd bought ones years ago,

Arsenic and Old Lace [DVD] [1944]
Arsenic and Old Lace [DVD] [1944]
Dvd ~ Cary Grant

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant farce and hilarious, 22 Mar. 2012
I am in my 50's and although I love lots of modern films, I have quite a collection of pre 1950 films. Arsenic and old lace is one of my absolute favourite's. I have watched it time and time again and it never fails to make me laugh. My daughter, who is now 24, has also watched this with me and my husband on countless occasions, as she too finds it hilarious and encourages her friends to watch it too. I have seen a stage version but prefer the film. Really, I suppose it is like every other film; what one person will enjoy, another will hate. It is a farce and the premise of two dear old ladies, who appear to be pillars of society, but are in fact poisoning lonely men and burying them in the cellar, can't fail to make one laugh. It may not be one of Grant's best film's and yes, quite cliche in some respects, but it is good family humour which everyone can enjoy......... CHARGEEEEEEEEEEEEE.......

Page: 1 | 2