Profile for Dr Doug > Reviews

Content by Dr Doug

Dr Doug "Dr Doug" (London, England)

Far Cry 3 (PS3)
Far Cry 3 (PS3)
Offered by findprice
Price: 14.88

5.0 out of 5 stars Probably the best FPS I have played, 14 April 2014
This review is from: Far Cry 3 (PS3) (Video Game)
Have played a lot of games over the last 35 years.
This one is a real favourite. Up there with Bioshock Infinite and COD IV.

Get it.

30 Peppa Pig Sugarette Cake / Cupcake Decorations
30 Peppa Pig Sugarette Cake / Cupcake Decorations
Offered by Cake Decoration Shop
Price: 3.99

4.0 out of 5 stars These were really easy to use on my mini muffins for 2nd birthday party. Looked good as there were lots together in the tin!, 19 Mar 2013
Recommend this as a quick fix for a birthday party when your child is really into peppa pig! Note they are the size of a 2 coin

Goodnight Moon
Goodnight Moon
by Margaret Wise Brown
Price: 9.90

5.0 out of 5 stars Best children's book I have, 19 Mar 2013
This review is from: Goodnight Moon (Hardcover)
For my baby shower I asked all my friends to buy my baby their favourite book. I received this book and never had it as a child. As with other reviews I wasn't that taken with it but I have read it to my now 2 year old daughter most days since she was born and she adores it. I still see new things when I look at it which is wonderful...the mouse moves around! It is a fab way to learn vocabulary and is up there with each peach pear plum for us. I love this book and will buy it for every child that hasn't got it. I guarantee you will know it is a good present when you are thanked once the child talks and is always asking for goodnight moon!

Tomy TD350 Digital Plus Baby Monitor
Tomy TD350 Digital Plus Baby Monitor
Offered by Thehealthcounter
Price: 72.79

4.0 out of 5 stars It does the job, but frills are not required., 3 Oct 2011
Bought this monitor to replace a 6 year old non-digital monitor.
In comparison to that old one, this monitor is great.

It looks good (not that it matters to me), is fairly unobtrusive in the baby and parents rooms.
Sound quality very good. Good range through 3 floors of a big house and even in the garden.
The parent unit is hands-free, and never runs out of batteries (we charge it in the dock all night as we sleep).
The temperature display on the parent unit is a nice touch too.

The only gripe is that it is quite expensive and some of the 'frills' like remote light, vibrate, talk-back, timer etc. are unnecessary.
I would have preferred the same wire-free parent unit, without the extras, at a more reasonable price.

Overall though. Not much to complain about except price.
Would recommend.

Camper Men's Romeo Lace-Up Sauvage Brown 18456-001 12 UK
Camper Men's Romeo Lace-Up Sauvage Brown 18456-001 12 UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Softest leather under 200, 27 Aug 2011
Disclaimer: I am a total Camper fanboy, and have 10 pairs

Love these shoes. The leather is really soft and comfortable. (Bought similarly soft calf leather shoes once for over 200.)
They are comfy and stylish. I wear them to work as well as with chinos/jeans.

Bit more interesting than the deck shoes that every boy in London seems to wear these days.

Jellycat Cordy Roy Dachshund 40cm
Jellycat Cordy Roy Dachshund 40cm

5.0 out of 5 stars The cutest little dog, 27 Aug 2011
Baby loves this. Recommended.

It is really quite large, looks hilarious seeing the little one cuddle a dog which is longer than her.
Very soft.

Gastrointestinal Imaging, (Case Review)
Gastrointestinal Imaging, (Case Review)
by Robert D. Halpert
Price: 33.29

2.0 out of 5 stars I think this book is about 10 years behind the times, 27 Aug 2011
Bought this book for FRCR 2B prep. Have liked some of the others in the series. This book, although updated in 2000 and 2008 seems really out of date. Talks a lot about barium exams, where CT is the standard of care etc. The pics are really quite small - why not whole/half pages?

Good:
Lots of pics
East to flick through quickly
Good number of cases

Bad:
Not up to date
Pics too small
Questions a bit random

BABOLAT Drive Z Tour Tennis Racket
BABOLAT Drive Z Tour Tennis Racket

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable, powerful and full of control, 1 Sep 2009
This is a great racket. I have been playing tennis for a few months now, and am of intermediate level. This has improved all aspects of my game.
Highly recommended.