Profile for JD86 > Reviews

This Is Not My Hat
by Jon Klassen
Price: 8.39

4.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 25 Jan 2014
This review is from: This Is Not My Hat (Hardcover)
Love the illustrations and the moral behind the story. Good quality book and makes a change from the childish and garish designs most children's books provide today

iBoutique IB32GUSB2 USB 2.0 Hi-Speed Elite Flash Drive (32GB, Vivid Pink)
iBoutique IB32GUSB2 USB 2.0 Hi-Speed Elite Flash Drive (32GB, Vivid Pink)
Offered by SechsiTech
Price: 7.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Very poor quality!, 25 Jan 2014
As with the positive reviews the product initially appears good quality and value for money. However within a few weeks of regular use the plastic key chain holder had snapped off and as it was holding the drive in place within the plastic casing it was impossible to use. Informed the seller who were very helpful and quick to replace the item. Technically worked fine until a few months later when the disk corrupted, tried unsuccessfully to restore it through my mac, fortunately I've been able to retrieve the files to my computer but I cannot save anything to it or delete any files from the disk. I'll be looking to invest in a more sturdy, reliable and most importantly secure product this time around!

Journal of a Student Midwife
Journal of a Student Midwife
by Ellie Ryan
Price: 9.09

5.0 out of 5 stars Best book for prospective students I've come across, 15 Aug 2012
There are some fantastic books by midwives that provide an overview of their training and careers but this is by far the best book for those considering or preparing to start a midwifery degree. It gives a realistic view of the ups and downs of both the university and placement sides of the course and how it effects daily life. Although I will be starting the full 3 year course rather than conversion and I don't have children Ellie's journal opened my eyes to things I hadn't really considered before and I feel much more prepared for what lies ahead. I can't wait to read the next installment!

Baby Catcher: Chronicles Modern
Baby Catcher: Chronicles Modern
by Vincent Peggy

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic insight for any budding midwife, 12 Sep 2011
Absolutely loved this book. Peggy gives a true representation of her journey into midwifery, along with her own birth experiences. I would recommend it to anyone looking to pursue a career in midwifery as its shows the hard work, determination and the real ups & downs of this career.

EMARTBUY BLACKBERRY 9300 CURVE 3G FLORAL GEL SKIN COVER/CASE PURPLE + SCREEN PROTECTOR
Offered by emartbuyuk
Price: 2.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 13 Jan 2011
You really do get what you pay for with this product. Unlike the photo the pattern on the back is barely visible when its on your phone. I'm not sure how the seller has managed to photograph it so it shows up. Also a good screen protector should be barely noticeable but this didnt fit the screen & made the phone look tacky so i ended up removing it. Product arrived within the suggested time but did take almost a week from ordering which made me wonder what the 2.99 delivery charge was actually for!