Profile for A bookworm > Reviews

Content by A bookworm

A bookworm

Page: 1 | 2
Above Rubies (Rockland Ranch Book 2)
Above Rubies (Rockland Ranch Book 2)
Price: 2.68

2.0 out of 5 stars If only she'd left out the religion..., 9 July 2013
As someone who feels that religion is a private thing, I really object to having it rammed down my throat in the guise of a fiction book. I know it was my choice to read the book, and whilst I did enjoy the fairly improbable story line, there were times in this book when I felt the author overstepped the story line and started lecturing me on her beliefs.

It was an eye opener for me, to think that people really do live their lives like that. I was particularly interested in the author notes at the end where she discussed her mothers view of the book. I just find it fascinating how different our worlds really are...

Her Man with Iceberg Eyes: Heartlands, Book 1
Her Man with Iceberg Eyes: Heartlands, Book 1
Price: 1.75

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but not the authors best, 12 Jun 2013
I've read other book by the author, and count 'the boat builders bed' as one of my current favs, but this one didn't quite match up to my expectations. That's not to say its not a good book with an enjoyable story, but I'm not raving about it.

Indiana Wild (Spirit Pass Book 1)
Indiana Wild (Spirit Pass Book 1)
Price: 2.51

5.0 out of 5 stars Unputdownable, 12 Jun 2013
An engaging read which draws you in. I liked swapping between characters and the feelings they had and that they struggled to control and come to terms with. I felt the time travelling to the present was a little disappointing, and more cold have been made of this, but I did really enjoy the whole book.

Confessions of a Kinky Wife (A Secret Diary Series)
Confessions of a Kinky Wife (A Secret Diary Series)
Price: 0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A smiler!, 12 Jun 2013
A great book, nice to have a new perspective on this kind of relationship, and it does genuinely feel like this is a relationship that about more than just kinky sex. I think this is what makes this book so good, and a refreshing change.

Her Husband's Lover
Her Husband's Lover
Price: 0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A love story with a difference, 12 Jun 2013
A well written historical romance with a difference.

I very much enjoyed both the story line and the setting for this rather unlikely tale about a gay man, his heterosexual wife and his bisexual former lover. Will it end well? You'll have to read it to find out.

Contains a bit of 'everything' so if you're of a nervous disposition have your smelling salts to hand...

A Playboy's Love Affair
A Playboy's Love Affair
Price: 2.70

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it!, 12 Jun 2013
A great love story, fast paced with unexpected turns. Def worth your time, made me smile, a great way to spend an afternoon if you want a bit of an escape.

Amy's Forbidden Fantasy
Amy's Forbidden Fantasy
Price: 2.05

2.0 out of 5 stars Hypnotic, not erotic, 12 Jun 2013
Having read and enjoyed other books by the author I purchased this book. I was a little unsure about the subject content but if you don't try you don't know eh? I have to say this wasn't a story I enjoyed. The writing style was still easy to read and engaging, but there wasn't the depth of feeling I am used to with the main character, which left me a bit cold and the whole thing felt a bit abstract. One step too far for me!

Coming Home (The Wakefield Romance Series Book 2)
Coming Home (The Wakefield Romance Series Book 2)
Price: 0.77

5.0 out of 5 stars My heart was in my mouth!, 8 May 2013
Oh blimey! Now I enjoyed the first book, but this one was something else. I found myself quite emotionally invested with the characters, and at one point considered not finishing it - I was so frustrated with the main character - not because of bad writing but because it was so good...

Commonsense won out in the end, and I kept going. Once again I found the lifestyle and attitudes so very different to my own, and at times I felt there were some conflicting attitudes, acceptance where I felt it would have perhaps not been there, but 'different is good', as they say on 3rd and bird!

I so didn't expect the ending - make sure you read book one first, but get this book on your must read list NOW!!

Two Weeks With a SEAL (The Wakefield Romance Series Book 1)
Two Weeks With a SEAL (The Wakefield Romance Series Book 1)
Price: 0.77

5.0 out of 5 stars Not sure why exactly, but I loved it!, 8 May 2013
As my title says, I can't quite put my finger on what I liked about this book - it was far removed from my own life, the cultural references were a bit alien to me, as was the attitude of the main character in so many places, but somehow I was cheering the main character on, wishing her to make the right decisions. I splashed my cash on the second book too, a great little diversion from real life!

Elizabeth's Bondage
Elizabeth's Bondage
Price: 0.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Rude! But I Iiked it ;-), 9 April 2013
Phew! Not for the faint hearted, the series was hot stuff. I'm blushing just typing this review! I recommend reading this for free, you will soon be buying the boxed set... Each book follows on from the next, making it more like one long book to be honest.

Page: 1 | 2