Profile for G. Hearnshaw > Reviews

Content by G. Hearnshaw

G. Hearnshaw "GH" (Camberley, SY UK)

Page: 1 | 2

Porcelain
Porcelain
Price: 7.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Music but Too short, 2 Aug 2014
This review is from: Porcelain (Audio CD)
The Music on this album is terrific hats off to you Matt for producing a consistent album.
You just loose one star for the album being toooo short, 10 tracks and less than 40 minutes is not really good enough. If you are going to do so many 3 minute songs than 12 tracks is a minimum.

Hope and Glory
Hope and Glory
Offered by Bargaindiscsltd
Price: 16.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor & Pointless, 16 Sep 2011
This review is from: Hope and Glory (Audio CD)
I made a mistake when I purchased this CD, as I didn't notice it was a covers album - I dislike covers albums, the originals are usually better !!

Basically, I don't believe it adds anything to the original tracks and I quickly sold it again thru Amazon Marketplace.

Red Velvet Car
Red Velvet Car
Offered by Dirty Deals UK
Price: 4.89

1.0 out of 5 stars No Redeeming Features, 16 Sep 2011
This review is from: Red Velvet Car (Audio CD)
Firstly, I was a big fan of Heart for many years - I have nearly all their albums from Dreamboat Annie up to Jupiter's Darling and have found enough in all their albums to make it worthwhile keeping them. However,

This is really, really very poor, sorry girls but I really didn't enjoy this at all.
I tried but couldn't find anything I liked so its been banished from my collection.

The Road
The Road
Offered by Bee-Entertained
Price: 4.10

5.0 out of 5 stars Terrific, 9 Jun 2011
This review is from: The Road (Audio CD)
What a great album - Some how the release of this album passed me by. I was disappointed with Rewired and thought that would be the end of the band. However this release takes the Mechanics back to where they belong. All the tracks are catchy and after several listens there are none I am skipping by.
I can give no higher praise and hopefully there will be further releases now

100 Hits: 2000s
100 Hits: 2000s
Offered by EliteDigital UK
Price: 14.44

3.0 out of 5 stars Hits of the 2000's !! - I dont think so, 4 Jun 2011
This review is from: 100 Hits: 2000s (Audio CD)
I will start by saying I usually love these collections from Demon but this one is very dodgy.

First the title "Hits from the 2000s", this is a bit dubious on the trade descriptions front. It was released in 2008 so there is nothing from 2008 or 2009, 1 track from 2007 and 2 each from 2005 & 2006. so of 100 hits only 5 are from the second half of the decade.

Then the quality of what you get, lots of dubious covers that were minor hits and slightly inferior follow up tracks by artists who had major hits. Wheatus anyone, which hit would you want (Teenage Dirtbag) but what do you get (The dodgy cover of A Little Respect, a hit but in hindsight not good), G4's abysmal cover of Bohemian Rhapsody. The list of mediocrity is rather long.

So only about half the tracks are memorable and worth inclusion on an ipod, which is a shame. The saving grace is these collections are cheap, so the number of decent tracks for the money is still pretty good - but you won't be playing the CD's in their entirety in the car.

Outta This World
Outta This World
Offered by best_value_entertainment
Price: 1.75

5.0 out of 5 stars Leave Them Alone, 27 Nov 2010
This review is from: Outta This World (Audio CD)
I am writing this review to redress the balance from people who leave lousy reviews for music they have no interest in. If you dont have constructive comments to make ignore it and get a life. These guys make good pop music and thats it, at least they can sing and they show some talent unlike many - they currently can do no wrong and good luck to them. The first CD was good with some great moments and this appears to be its equal. Good on you guys.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 11, 2011 10:26 AM GMT

Box Set
Box Set
Price: 19.20

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but could be Better, 21 Aug 2010
This review is from: Box Set (Audio CD)
You would think over 3 discs and with 51 Tracks they would include all Ray Stevens best songs but no. They have managed to miss of at least 2 of Ray's best songs, which were included on the 2 single CD Greatest Hits CD's, even though they only had 10 songs on each !!.

On Ray Stevens Greatest Hits "Along Came Jones" and on Greatest Hits 2 "Mr Businessman" both classic Ray Stevens songs.

So this is a good collection but still not as complete as it should be, which is a shame - especially as in my opinion inferior songs have been included instead.

SO the report says could do better.

Price: 18.35

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality, 10 Dec 2009
This review is from: Learn To Live (Audio CD)
I took a while before deciding to buy this album. I enjoyed most of his work with the Hooties but I hadn't heard any tracks from his solo stuff. Then I saw his performance on the Country Music Awards show and decided to take the plunge.

This is a seriously great album and deserves some support this side of the water. If you get the chance give it a listen, especially if you know his work with Hootie and the Blowfish.

I have also just ordered his first solo CD from the US - "Back to Then" (you cant get it here).

Price: 7.58

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality, 10 Dec 2009
This review is from: Learn To Live (Audio CD)

Page: 1 | 2