Profile for MillenniumFalcon > Reviews

MillenniumFalcon (Great Britain)

Sony NWZE Series 4GB Walkman - Red
Sony NWZE Series 4GB Walkman - Red

5.0 out of 5 stars my own personal rock concert!!!, 8 Jan. 2012
I'm listening to my favourite music as I type this. I'm so pleased with the Sony NWZE that I had to write something! I've been into music for the past 20 yrs and have owned many walkmans across the decades; this one tops them all. I purchased the red design with 4GB. I've downloaded hundreds of songs thus far and have barely scratched the memory's surface!

Sony have excelled themselves, the bass and trebel output is immense. My only complaint is that the headphones are a nuisance, because the earpiece is fixed at a strange angle and kept falling out my ears. Especially when I started rocking hard.

I would recommend purchasing over-ear headphones (Sony MDR-XD200 work very well with it), otherwise, you'll find the tiny earpieces provided a nuisance as well. Make sure they're compatible, though, before purchase. I purchased the MDR-XD200 from Argos and they're great just for listening, but also if you're a guitarist because they're compatible with Amps (interchangeable connection.)

The sound output is divided cleanly and has options for changing music settings that enhance the speakers so much, your ears will bleed!! It's like the bands are playing around me, my own heavy-metal concert.

The software is incredibly easy to use with very straightforward instructions and when it comes to downloading/recharging, all I have to do is to hook it up to my pc via the USB cable provided and away I go.

In closing, it's such a great price for such an amazing MP3.

Thank-you Sony and Amazon :) 5/5 stars, definitely.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 10, 2012 6:58 PM BST

Alexander: The Virtues Of War
Alexander: The Virtues Of War

1.0 out of 5 stars The poor editing on Kindle gave me a headache, 29 July 2011
Gates of Fire, Tide of War, The Last Amazons; all brilliant except the Alexander: The Virtues of War. Why? Because the e-format editing is really poor - the paragraphs are badly out of alignment and each chapter begins like this:

"H
EPHAESTION
ARRIVES
FROM
THE
Indus in time to witness the executions." (No profit taken from this excerpt.Quoted from the book.)

I'm not sure if it's just a glitch on my Kindle, but this really put me off. Pity, because I was looking forward to this installment. Has anyone else experienced this?

1 Star.

No Ordinary Joe
No Ordinary Joe

5.0 out of 5 stars Greatest Boxer Since Mohammed Ali!!!, 29 July 2011
This review is from: No Ordinary Joe (Kindle Edition)
I jumped at the chance to add Calzaghe's bio to my kindle; I'm looking forward to reading again about the triumphs and laughs that made him a boxing legend, the greatest since Mohammed Ali.

Champion for 10 years then progressed to super-middleweight before retiring, undefeated. Watching Calzaghe box on DvD, the speed & skill still makes me go "wow!!"

5 stars.

A Game of Thrones: The Story Continues Books 1-4: A Game of Thrones, A Clash of Kings, A Storm of Swords, A Feast for Crows (A Song of Ice and Fire)

5.0 out of 5 stars Game of Thrones - the book that was "borrowed" and often disappeared from my desk at work lol..., 29 Jun. 2011
Game of Thrones, part 1, caught my attention because on the front cover was an eye-catching label emphasizing this is the novel that inspired the hit television series everyone's been watching.

And coincidentally, it would often "disappear" on quiet days at work and to my amusement, my colleagues would start reading from my page, without even bothering to go to the beginning....

It's that good - need I say more?

It's just such an incredible story, and finding a deal with all four books is exactly what I was looking for. So many emotions were evoked from Game of Thrones, on the edge of my seat one moment when reading about the Others or seething with rage at the injustices wrought by the boy-king and his annoying mother.

And that's how I would define this book; it makes you angry, terrified, excited, sometimes sympathetic, but eager for more.

Really can't wait till Part 5 is available on Kindle. 5/5.

The Legacy of Merlin (Charmed)
The Legacy of Merlin (Charmed)

3.0 out of 5 stars The Charmed Ones Meet Merlin, 29 Jun. 2011
I really enjoyed watching Charmed and the mention of a novel featuring Merlin really piqued my interest.

I was enticed by the vivid descriptions of magic, Celtic mythology, the legend of Merlin and how Piper and Prue would journey back to ancient Camelot!!

I can tell you the author didn't disappoint; E.L. Flood has definitely researched the subject and myths surrounding Merlin, to a degree, which makes the story a more interesting read. A story which isn't lazily written. The pace remains the same throughout, however, the only disappointment I found was that in Kindle format, chapters suddenly blur into one another, without warning or pause.

But if you're able to differentiate where one chapter ends and the next begins, this is definitely worth reading; the author is in tune with the Charmed Ones' personalities, as we read from their perspectives.

3/5 for a consistent and compelling magical adventure, filled with myths and legends, only let down by the poor editing.

Tuff-Luv Apocalypse Series case cover & stand for Amazon Kindle Keyboard / Kindle 3 / Global Wireless 6 inch / 15 cm - Guardian

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy this for your Kindle if you love Dragons, 29 Jun. 2011
If you're wondering how durable or "tuff" this protective leather case is, well, when I tested its strength (and I have quite a bear's grip from a life of weightlifting and sports), this Tuff-Luv product withstood my knocks and scrutiny, so I would definitely recommend it to anyone in need of one.

Especially, if you love dragons, then pick this case. The dragon is nicely woven and you can feel its imprint on the front.

The design is compact and doesn't distract or interfere with your reading - you'll never even know it's there! It fits like a glove and doesn't obscure or block any of the Kindle's features, for example, the speakers at the rear. You can fully access all device slots through the case partitioning and the stand is 100% reliable, if you prefer to desk-mount your Kindle to give your hands a rest.

The flip cover doesn't collide with the stand either and once again, all menus or buttons aren't impeded by the Tuff-Luv Design. Instead, they all work together to give you a comfortable and happy reading experience.

5 out of 5 and with a very good price for an amazing quality product. Don't hesitate to buy one before they run out!!