Profile for Paul > Reviews

Content by Paul
Top Reviewer Ranking: 689
Helpful Votes: 2003

Paul (Pembrokeshire)
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Max Factor Whipped Creme Foundation - 55 Beige
Max Factor Whipped Creme Foundation - 55 Beige
Price: 6.60

3.0 out of 5 stars It's ok, 20 Feb 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Expected more was the verdict when I asked my wife to try this foundation. After seeing adverts for Max Factor, I too was of the opinion that this would be a good product for the price but the coverage was patchy and just didn't have any depth. I'm not a makeup expert but looking at this compared to the clinique foundation my wife usually uses, and it was obvious that in this instance paying more gets you better. However, for the price we agreed that if you take time then it can provide a result that might be suitable for someone in their teens or early twenties. Try before you buy.

Max Factor Whipped Creme Foundation - 45 Warm Almond

Eset NOD32 Antivirus (2014)/PC/3 user/1 year/Eco-friendly packaging
Price: 38.01

5.0 out of 5 stars HARD TO BEAT & HARD TO FAULT, 20 Feb 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
There is a bewildering selection of antivirus products on the market and the vast majority do a fairly decent job but seem to place a heavy load on system resources. Eset have seemingly avoided this trap and I have not noticed any slow down. In fact the only time I notice it is when it is updating or alerting. I have been using antivirus from different providers since 1997, and I really believe this is the best system I have used. Recommended.

Dettol Surface Cleanser with Lime and Mint 750 ml (Pack of 3)
Dettol Surface Cleanser with Lime and Mint 750 ml (Pack of 3)
Price: 4.50

5.0 out of 5 stars NOTHING ELSE COMES CLOSE, 5 Dec 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
There are a number of ways to look at surface cleaners and from my perspective (without being able to use a black light to measure effectiveness) I can say that Dettol Surface cleanser is a great product. The scent is subtle but the cleaning action is quite easily the best I have seen. Is it able clean everything? No. I had to clean a particularly grubby oven glass door in a rental property and whilst I managed to clean it a bit only caustic soda could do the job. Obviously, this is an extreme but worth mentioning example. For the usual jobs around the house this is a great product even to the point of cleaning glass. Recommended.

Finish Quantum Lemon Sparkle 2 x Pack of 40 (80 Dishwasher Tablets)
Finish Quantum Lemon Sparkle 2 x Pack of 40 (80 Dishwasher Tablets)
Price: 23.44

5.0 out of 5 stars SO GOOD THEY MAKE YOUR DISHWASHER SHINE!, 5 Dec 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The hilarity of having to review a dishwasher tablet. I thought that as I usually use a Finish powerball, I would not see a difference in performance after all it's just a dishwasher tablet, right? Wrong! I kid you not, I was actually surprised by the sparkle not just from glasses which were gleaming but the door of my dishwasher (which is only a month old) shines after each wash!

If you want great results from your dishwasher, then look no further than Finish Quantum Sparkle.

Philips Jamie Oliver 600w Blender HR2172/01 with 2L High Quality Glass Jar
Philips Jamie Oliver 600w Blender HR2172/01 with 2L High Quality Glass Jar
Price: 39.99

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW - A BLENDER THAT BLENDS!, 5 Dec 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Hard to believe but this blender blends food! I have had a few blenders in my time and currently own a smoothy type of blender and a Kenwood blender that fits on top of my Kenwood mixer. Neither of which can blend everytime without encouragement. I always end up stopping and having to push down with a wooden spoon or whatever else is not a hand!

Then along came a bit of a game changer with sharper blades.

Who would have thought that a sharper blade would make for an easier blending experience......?!

If you want consistent blending results then stop wasting money with inferior and usually cheaper products and get your kitchen one of these!

Rowenta DG8960 Silence Steam Generator, 6 Bar
Rowenta DG8960 Silence Steam Generator, 6 Bar
Price: 244.99

5.0 out of 5 stars IRONING MADE EASIER, 5 Dec 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I always thought that ironing was the most boring house chore - nothing has changed on that front. However, the Rowenta unit is a really good product and I fully endorse its capability to blast through the dullest chore there is and cut the time needed!

High points for me were the water reservoir which I find can do a basket on a quarter full and this is a key feature - the steam generation is on demand. Unlike, your normal iron that you fill up, this steam generator only produces steam when you require it, something I had not realised.

If I had to pick on bad points then the only niggle that I have is that no provision was made for an automatic power cord return and you have to roll/fold the power cord up to feed it into a slot when storing.

Apart from that it is a great iron and I no longer hate ironing but I still do not like ironing!

Maggie & Me
Maggie & Me
Price: 4.12

4.0 out of 5 stars Solid, readable, funny and sad., 6 Nov 2013
This review is from: Maggie & Me (Kindle Edition)
A good book from Barr and an interesting coming of age in an era that was less tolerant. After reading it I would recommend it to anyone and everyone but feel that it falls short of greatness and five stars would be just an ingenious gushing response on my part. Solid, readable, funny and sad.

Inbound Marketing and SEO: Insights from the SEOmoz Blog
Inbound Marketing and SEO: Insights from the SEOmoz Blog
by Rand Fishkin
Price: 13.59

5.0 out of 5 stars THE BEST SEO SOLUTION ON THE PLANET, 17 Oct 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Bold title? Yep. I have dabbled with this dark art called SEO for a couple of years and part of our winning solution came via MOZ (formally known as SEOMOZ). So I know the organisation and I'm a paid up member/consumer of the product. If I let flow on how good the MOZ offer is I would probably come across as evangelical as it has helped our concern hugely. The thing about the MOZ team is that you can trust what they say and that they are bang on the target with shifts of requirement in search engine technologies.

This book therefore offers the reader a quick reference when away from the resources of MOZ.com and it can make a massive difference to how you approach SEO. The great thing about the book is that you do not need to be an expert to pick it up but you will do yourself some favours if you know or have some knowledge of SEO. It can not be classed as an idiots guide to SEO as it is taken from the MOZ blog but if you are ready for the next step up the SEO ladder away from absolute beginner then the insights this book offers are fantastic. Essential.

Remington B85R28B Frizz Therapy Round Brush
Remington B85R28B Frizz Therapy Round Brush
Price: 8.42

2.0 out of 5 stars DIFFICULT TO USE 8(, 17 Oct 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
There seems to be a problem that can occur with this brush dependent on how fine your hair is; I got it for my who has lots of very fine hair (as does my daughter). I thought that as she suffers from the odd bit of frizz then this would help and unfortunately it does not. It gets stuck and tangled in very easily and I think it depends on how fine your hair is, as mentioned, and how much hair you have before you might encounter the tangle up feeling that can happen.

For me the best way to describe this fineness is to say that my wife's hair is so fine that if I have any beard growth then her hair gets trapped in my beard much like cotton wool would! So, if you have hair that sounds similar to this then you might want to avoid this brush!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20