Profile for Anne G > Reviews

Sewing Clothes Kids Love
by Nancy Langdon
Edition: Spiral-bound

4.0 out of 5 stars Original and lovely designs, 1 Jun 2010
This book has a very fresh approach to clothemaking. The models are very original, and for once there are a few boys top too. I haven't tried so far, I received the book recently, but I'm going to start with a top for my 9-year-old boy. Getting started is a bit scary though, because everything looks so nice, even though a bit complicated (will I manage to do as well as she did?). I'm not rating the book 5 starsn because I haven't made the clothes yet, so I'm not sure how detailed the explanations are.

Lotta Prints: How to Print with Anything, from Potatoes to Linoleum
Lotta Prints: How to Print with Anything, from Potatoes to Linoleum
by Lotta Jansdotter

5.0 out of 5 stars Very inspirational, 1 Jun 2010
I did not intend to order this book, so it was really a lucky mistake. For people who are interested in any type of printmaking, this book is full of lovely designs and great ideas.

Carefree Clothes for Girls: 20 Patterns for Outdoor Frocks, Playdate Dresses, and More (Make Good: Crafts + Life)
by Junko Okawa

1.0 out of 5 stars Did not like the style at all, 1 Jun 2010
Nothing new in this book, and the style of the clothes really is carefree... or careless? They really look like old rags, and do not invite me to make them. I will definitely return this book. I was really disappointed, because I expected one of these lovely japanese patterns book, translated into english for once. This book is nothing like that, even though the photographs definitely have the right quality.

The Job
The Job
by Douglas Kennedy

4.0 out of 5 stars Not the best Kennedy, but still a good Kennedy..., 13 Dec 2009
This review is from: The Job (Paperback)
Well I may be biased, but I like Kennedy's books better when the hero is a woman. I find he can really get into women's mind, it's amazing. I still enjoyd this book very much, and fought the desire to sleep to read more. So I'd recommend it to Kennedy fans, but among his latest books I liked leaving the world better for instance.