Profile for bridgesilver > Reviews

bridgesilver

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9
No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars So glad I persevered....., 12 Aug. 2013
.....with the smell, that is Took over a week to go, and 2 days was in front of an open window in the daytime. I was half expecting this, as I had read other feedback, so thanks to them I never lost the faith.
And I am so glad I did. I sleep so much better now, don't wake up aching and tired, and look forward to going to bed.
I have arthritis, back problems and generally middle aged aches and pains but this mattress helps enormously.
I will get a full memory foam mattress when I can afford it, but until then, this does the trick.
Strongly recommend for people in the same situation

The Beatles: The White Album
The Beatles: The White Album

5.0 out of 5 stars A classic, 30 May 2013
I can't write anything that has not been written far more eloquently than me before about this album. Enough said.

The Promise [DVD]
The Promise [DVD]
Dvd ~ Claire Foy

5.0 out of 5 stars A tragic tale beautifully filmed, 30 May 2013
This review is from: The Promise [DVD] (DVD)
A beautiful, tragic film that starts with an old soldier dying and his young grand-daughter finding his diary and a mysterious key - and alternates from the past to the present as the story is told. The film sets out well why there is a problem in the middle east, and what part we - the British - had to play in this whole sorry saga. The Israeli's do not come out well in this, and neither should they. And maybe if we could have done things even slightly differently, then the problems today may not have been so destructive to millions of Palestinians. But we had just come out of a long and protracted war, which for the first 2 years the British and their colonies were totally alone, in fighting the Nazi's. And our forefathers were tired of war, of lost and killed soldiers and were ultimately broke.
It is also tragic that a people who were so persecuted by the Nazi menace turned out to be so barbarous themselves and took part in thuggery, theft and ethnic cleansing. Both of my uncle's were posted to the Palestinian Territories in 1946 and witnessed first hand the chaos that these poor people suffered through no fault of their own apart from being born in land that the powerful Zionists claimed as their own .
There must be thousands of stories, similar to this, that have never been written about.

Love Over Gold
Love Over Gold

5.0 out of 5 stars Brings back good memories, 30 May 2013
This review is from: Love Over Gold (Audio CD)
Big fan of Dire Straits, have seen them live a few times, bought this to replace an old album. Never disappointed!

Making movies (1980)
Making movies (1980)
Offered by Hatherley's

5.0 out of 5 stars FAB, 30 May 2013
This review is from: Making movies (1980) (Audio CD)
Love Dire Straits anyway. Used to have the album, and always meant to replace it with a CD. Now I can listen in the car too.

Alan Bennett, Triple Bill
Alan Bennett, Triple Bill
by Alan Bennett
Edition: Audio CD

3.0 out of 5 stars I prefer watching the plays, 30 May 2013
I have enjoyed some of the plays on TV in the past, so I bought this to listen in the car on long journeys getting to work.
Unfortunately I found it a bit boring to listen to.
Maybe I am a bit of a phleb, but I will stick to the visual medium in future.
But for Alan Bennett fans who are less of a phleb than me, I should think this would fit the bill.

Matt Monro - The Singer's Singer
Matt Monro - The Singer's Singer

5.0 out of 5 stars Matt Monro, my guilty pleasure!, 30 May 2013
My dad was a classical/choral music fan, but he always liked Matt Monro and used to hum his songs but lament that he would never sound as good. It sort of rubbed off on me, and of music from this genre he is my favourite. To think this man spent his time driving buses!
Wonderful, soothing tone to his voice. Can sometimes give me goosebumps!

The Definitive Collection
The Definitive Collection
Offered by DVD Overstocks

5.0 out of 5 stars A voice like smooth honey, 30 May 2013
Love this collection. Some collections include tracks just to make up the album, but I like every track. Sarah Vaughan is my favourite singer from the era, and I listen whilst driving home from work (35 miles), in the early hours. Its a good wind down.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars If you live in a busy street and have trouble sleeping - try it!, 30 May 2013
I live on the brow of a hill on a busy commuter route in the middle of town, and as I work shifts often struggle to sleep. Traffic starts in earnest from 0600hrs, accelerating up the hill and despite double glazing is still very noisy. I live in a grade 2 listed flat, and have very large windows, which I stupidly bought curtains for without thinking about whether they let in any light! It would be a fortune for me to change these at the moment and I cant afford it.
I have tried various eye masks, ear plugs etc, some of which were quite successful, but when I saw this decided that I had nothing to loose. Cheaper than new curtains.
It arrived very promptly - within days of ordering - and I used it for the first time last night.
The eye mask part keeps all light out, is soft and cooling across my eyes. Once correctly in place, the mask wraps around my head going over my ears, thus enhancing the ear plugs. They do send ear plugs with this item, but I use Macks ear plugs as I hate anything inserted into the ear canal. This mask muffles sound rather than shutting it out completely, which should be good enough for roads not as busy as mine, but with the ear plugs noise was almost non existent.
I often used to lay on my side and put a pillow over my ears to try to cut out the noise, but now this wrap around mask does the job more than adequately. I awoke this morning with the mask still in place and had a wonderful nights sleep!

Dancin' Thru The Dark - Digitally Restored & Remastered [DVD]
Dancin' Thru The Dark - Digitally Restored & Remastered [DVD]
Dvd ~ Claire Hackett

5.0 out of 5 stars Got it at last!, 23 Mar. 2013
I saw this film once on its first release, rented it from a video shop on the recommendation of the owner who predicted that I would like it. Every now and again I remembered it, and kept an eye out in case it came on telly but never did see it.
I love it - the fashion, the culture, a time gone that is brought back for one and a half hours of pure bliss. The great one liners - ".....don't worry mate, banana's aren't safe with her around......" the setting, the way males and females go out and act together in little gangs in the mating ritual.......girls dancing around their handbags whilst the men line the dancefloor ready to pounce when the slow records start. Its all there, the young of today will get a good idea of what their parents got up to.
Buy it, its a classic, and you wont be disappointed.
And my copy is brilliant.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9