Profile for Michael Jones > Reviews

Content by Michael Jones

Michael Jones (North Somerset United Kingdom)

LEGO Star Wars 10178: Motorized Walking AT-AT
LEGO Star Wars 10178: Motorized Walking AT-AT
Offered by djlondon22
Price: 449.99

2.0 out of 5 stars missing parts, 28 Oct 2011
This is a huge set with hundreds of pieces, unfortunately loads were missing. I know I should have laid them all out and checked they were all there before starting the build but I've done a lot of lego and never had this problem before. Lego do send you replacement parts for free but there was so much missing that this was very time consuming and took me hours of cross referencing long part numbers - then only half of the ordered pieces turned up! It looks like a great lego kit but beware, the more there is the greater the chance of it arriving incomplete.

Songs of the Dying Earth
Songs of the Dying Earth
by George R. R. Martin
Price: 25.00

5.0 out of 5 stars A good book for a Jack Vance fan, 10 Mar 2010
After reading the other excellent reviews there is little to add except to say that if you, like me, have read everything that you can find by the great Jack Vance and still crave more then you will enjoy these stories very much.

Kenwood Chef Titanium KM010 4.6 Litre Kitchen Machine, 1400 Watt, Titanium
Kenwood Chef Titanium KM010 4.6 Litre Kitchen Machine, 1400 Watt, Titanium

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor build quality and customer service, 9 Oct 2008
Kenwood have a great reputation as the ultimate 'must have' kitchen accessory however I have been disappointed with both the durability and customer service. After 3 months of use it started to fall apart. The glass part cracked and plastic parts just fell apart. I can't help but conclude they must have cut costs during manufacture and quality control has suffered. When we called customer srvice we were very surprised that they accused us causing the problems by either dropping or using boiling water. We expected a simple replacement as it was under warranty - be warned.
Comment Comments (8) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 20, 2011 9:20 AM BST

The Knight (Wizard Knight)
The Knight (Wizard Knight)
by Gene Wolfe
Edition: Mass Market Paperback
Price: 4.69

5.0 out of 5 stars The tale of a good-hearted person, 28 Dec 2005
I love this writer and this story is superb. I couldn't put it down and even read it while walking my dog. Dragons and knights can be corny but here they are in the hands of a true master. Wolfe is interested in the fantastic and here he imagines what would happen if an ordinary person were guided by fate into a bizarre tapestry of events. He has created an original and enchanting world that is utterly believable because the character is so grounded.
Like many of wolfe's characters,it is essentially a journey of self-discovery by a good-hearted and slightly confused and humble young man, who aspires to be kind and brave and somehow gives hope to those who he meets. Read it!