ARRAY(0xb3a1bc9c)

The Tenderness of Wolves
The Tenderness of Wolves
Price: 2.93

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice book - with a good end, 10 Mar 2014
I nearly have up on this one but I'm glad I didn't. As one of the previous reviews said, it does get a bit confusing as it jumps between first and third person narration. However in the end all the various stories tie up so nicely - despite the gruesomeness it must be said - that you are left with a feeling of a good story well told.

The Woodcutter
The Woodcutter
Price: 3.49

5.0 out of 5 stars All your favourite tales in one place!, 16 Feb 2014
This review is from: The Woodcutter (Kindle Edition)
What charming book! It feels like it gives you a behind the scenes glance at Grimm's world.. What a pleasure to read!

The Broken Empire Series Books 1 and 2: Prince of Thorns, King of Thorns
The Broken Empire Series Books 1 and 2: Prince of Thorns, King of Thorns
Price: 4.28

5.0 out of 5 stars Nicely written gruesome fare!, 11 Feb 2014
There are many reasons to like this book but in the end, for me, the most important is the quality of the writing which is excellent. The story is compelling and Jorg is a character that whilst you would not want to meet him, you do want to know what happens to him. So that said, I'm off to buy the next one now!!

Nod
Nod
Price: 0.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb, thoughtful and very beautifully written, 27 Jan 2014
This review is from: Nod (Kindle Edition)
I really enjoyed reading this well written tale. The ease of the prose helped offset the horror of the premise leaving me with a feeling that I will be thinking of this book for a long time to come. Excellent!

My Horse
My Horse
Price: 0.00

5.0 out of 5 stars super app to play with the kids, 20 Jan 2014
This review is from: My Horse (App)
This is a lovely app to play with the children. We can all be part of caring for our horses. We each have a favourite and yet the costs are so much more manageable than the real thing!!

Wolf's Head (The Forest Lord)
Wolf's Head (The Forest Lord)
Price: 1.99

4.0 out of 5 stars An engaging read, 11 Dec 2013
This is a nice little book to wile away a few hours. It is historical enough to be interesting and the characters are enjoyable. I liked how the author managed to gradually introduce all the familiar names from the various legends of Robin Hood!

The Hidden
The Hidden
Price: 3.99

4.0 out of 5 stars A good holiday read, 20 Nov 2013
This review is from: The Hidden (Kindle Edition)
Something interesting to read by the pool though it was a little predictable. I enjoyed it and would recommend it.

One Step Too Far
One Step Too Far

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb, 2 Nov 2013
This review is from: One Step Too Far (Kindle Edition)
This is a lovely compassionate telling of a woman's redemption. A reminder to just keep on going. Perfect holiday reading.

Pedro The Ugliest Dog In The World
Pedro The Ugliest Dog In The World
Price: 0.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent bed time reading!, 4 Feb 2013
A heart warming book. My daughter enjoyed it a lot, though I did need to edit a few words! Very good!

The Dragon and the Unicorn (The Perilous Order of Camelot)
The Dragon and the Unicorn (The Perilous Order of Camelot)
Price: 3.28

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous and poetic retelling of a great story!, 11 Jan 2013
This retelling of the Arthurian legend made me think of the evocative language that bards may have used to spin a tale in such a way that the impression the words leave remain with you years after the story is heard.
Throughout there is also a serious and intelligent attempt to understand how conceptions old gods of the north may have been integrated into Christianity.
This is a great series of books and I am very glad they have found their way to kindle as they are, sadly, very few and far between to get hold of in a hard copy.

Page: 1 | 2