Profile for D. F. Bailey > Reviews

Content by D. F. Bailey

D. F. Bailey (St. Austell Cornwall UK)

Orff: Die Kluge
Orff: Die Kluge

5.0 out of 5 stars Always loved Carmina Burana but never heard of Die Kluge, 21 Nov 2014
This review is from: Orff: Die Kluge (MP3 Download)
Always loved Carmina Burana but never heard of Die Kluge. Wonderful music , lots of humour and excellent recording. What more could you want for 99p!

Clarks Mens Casual Ronan Moor Leather Shoes In Dark Brown Standard Fit Size 9
Clarks Mens Casual Ronan Moor Leather Shoes In Dark Brown Standard Fit Size 9

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 24 July 2014
Lovely comfy shoe and good looking too.

Moon Landing
Moon Landing

5.0 out of 5 stars Oh Yes, 22 Oct 2013
This review is from: Moon Landing (MP3 Download)
I have been a James Blunt ever since Back to Bedlam and Moon Landing is his best yet. Every song is memorable and Bonfire Heart lyrics are already fixed in my mind. I am finding all the songs on the album are equally memorable and superb. Have booked to see him live in Bournemouth in April as my 70th birthday present from my wife!! Can't wait!! PS Love the Bonfire Heart video as well.

Sony HX10 High Zoom CMOS Sensor Camera - Black (18.2MP, 16x Optical Zoom) 3 inch LCD

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Satisfied Customer, 22 May 2013
I bought this camera to replace my Samsung Compact Systems Camera which I found to be too bulky as a travel camera. I had looked at the Panasonic TZ40 and other Sony offerings. I chose the HX10V on the basis of it doing everything I wanted and very good Amazon reviews. I particularly wanted:
- Long Zoom
- good low light performance
- compact size
- large high quality screen
- crisp detailed pictures
- low price

The HX10V satisfied all these requirements and more besides. The image quality is as good as the CSC in my opinion. I have only had it a couple of weeks and so far only tested the stills performance which is excellent. Other reviewers have praised the video performance so I have no worries there.
Any criticisms?? Yes the pop flash position but it does nudge your finger so you just take another shot with the finger removed! Another minor criticism is the supplied battery that doesn't tell you how many minutes are left. But I have bought an OEM battery for £4.99 that does tell you.
Overall I love this camera and for £164.99 it was an absolute steal.

66 Must-Have Spanish Guitar Masterpieces
66 Must-Have Spanish Guitar Masterpieces

5.0 out of 5 stars Memories of Spain, 8 Nov 2012
An evocative and atmospheric recording with many less known tracks interspersed with some favourites. A bargain buy and fantastic value too. Downloaded quickly and without problems. A must for any fan of Spanish guitar music.

Handel's Messiah
Handel's Messiah

5.0 out of 5 stars Messiah, 8 Nov 2012
This review is from: Handel's Messiah (MP3 Download)
This is an excellent recording of Handels Messiah. The orchestra,soloists and choirs are all excellent. The value for money is fantastic. Downloading was quick and trouble free.

The Real Miles Davis
The Real Miles Davis

5.0 out of 5 stars The Real Miles, 8 Nov 2012
This is a great compilation of Miles Davis's best tracks. The quality is very good and downloaded without any hitches.

Braun Oral-B Vitality Precision Clean Rechargeable Toothbrush with Standard Two-Pin Bathroom Socket

5.0 out of 5 stars Long Term User, 28 Feb 2012
My wife and I have been using Braun Vitality brushes for years. Eventually the batteries no longer hold their charge (afer say 3-4 years). Even so a great product. Don't forget you can extend your warrenty to 3 years by registering on the Braun website.

Sony Bravia KDL32EX503U 32-inch Widescreen Full HD 1080p 100Hz LCD Internet TV with Freeview HD

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best TV I Have Ever Had, 25 Feb 2011
We bought this TV on the basis of reviews and a demo at a highstreet shop. The TV was delivered very quickly (Thanks Amazon)and set up was a doddle. Picture quality out of the box was very good but it took a couple of weeks fiddling to get it perfect. The best picture was achieved with the backlight at a low setting and the contrast at max that seemed to bring out the detail while still giving a vivid picture with black blacks. The connection to the internet (wired) was also very easy but bit disappointed to only receive BBC and Channel 5 catchup TV but I guess thats a Sony licensing issue. The quality on the two iplayers is excellent. I use it with a Sony surround amp so they both fire up when the TV is switched on - another plus point. Overall I would thoroughly recommend this TV in fact if you want a fantastic value 32 inch TV don't look any further.

Fisual Install Series 2 x Phono to 2 x Phono Cable - 1m
Fisual Install Series 2 x Phono to 2 x Phono Cable - 1m
Offered by AudioVisual Online

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Cable, 25 Feb 2011
Bought this cable to go from Blue ray to Hifi Amp. Very well made and quality finish. Performance is excellent for the money - can't fault it.