Profile for Hunnymonsta > Reviews

Content by Hunnymonsta

Hunnymonsta (Basingstoke, UK)

HER SWEETEST DOWNFALL (Paranormal Romance / Fantasy Novella) (Forever Girl Series - a Journal)
Price: 0.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Short, but excellent, 10 May 2014
Read this immediately after reading "Sophia's Journey" and wasn't disappointed, as it fleshes out further the characters already introduced to the reader via that excellent full-length novel. This series, if Ms Hamilton keeps going the way she has, has a great future.

The Changes: A Trilogy (Puffin Books)
The Changes: A Trilogy (Puffin Books)
by Peter Dickinson

5.0 out of 5 stars If only there was a DVD... <sighs>, 10 May 2014
I watched the series as a child in the 1970s. Sadly there seems to be no watchable media version of this frightening story today though. Shame. It would be worth revisiting, if only for nostalgia's sake.

THE FOREVER GIRL
THE FOREVER GIRL
Price: 0.77

5.0 out of 5 stars Read this!, 10 May 2014
This review is from: THE FOREVER GIRL (Kindle Edition)
A young woman who is the subject of a nasty whispering campaign (and more) in her home town suddenly finds herself beset by inimical supernatural forces, and the reason for this is very cleverly hidden by the innumerable plot twists created by this talented author. The book is also - whether intentionally or not - a scathing social commentary about the closed-mindedness of some folks in small-town America, which reminded me of an incident that I encountered myself in dealing with a member of a so-called "exclusive" church a year or so ago.

I'm glad I started reading this well-researched novel early in the day because I found it totally "unputdownable" and ended up finishing it in one sitting. I will definitely revisit it, especially now that I've also read the companion novella "Ophelia's Journal," which has added still more flesh to a couple of the already detailed characters, and I'm now eagerly awaiting the next full novel in the series, which Ms Hamilton tells me will be available soon.

I don't know for sure if Ms Hamilton writes for an exclusively female audience, or aims at all genders, but as a bloke I found this an excellent read as it's not - in my view - in the least bit "girly." So... if you're a chap of the male persuasion and are wondering should you/shouldn't you, I say Go for it! You won't be wasting your money.

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars Disgraceful, 2 Mar 2013
Utterly appalled that such a despicable item was allowed past the product reviewers' desks. this is grossly insensitive and should be withdrawn immediately.

Sky - The Complete Series [DVD]
Sky - The Complete Series [DVD]
Dvd ~ Marc Harrison
Price: 10.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally - The Whole Series!, 7 Sep 2010
I first saw the first episode of this series back in the 70's when I was about 11 years old. After that, things kept getting in the way - sports meets after school, that kind of thing.

I've now finally gotten to see the whole thing and am glad that I kept an eye open for this DVD. Sure, the acting is kind of wooden, the special effects are definitely dated and the incidental music is never going to top anyone's easy listening chart, but it was still good to be able to finish what I started.

("The Tomorrow People" was definitely better though.)