Profile for Andrew - (sekrapa) > Reviews

Content by Andrew - (sekrapa)
Top Reviewer Ranking: 160

Andrew - (sekrapa) "sekrapa" (Dudley, UK)
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Bosch 6 Piece SDS Plus Drill Bit Set
Bosch 6 Piece SDS Plus Drill Bit Set

5.0 out of 5 stars Drilling made easy with these bits, 11 April 2016
Length:: 1:34 Mins

This is a very nice set of 6 drill bits that fit SDS Plus drills. There are 5, 5.5 and 6mm drills 50mm in drill length (110mm total) and 6, 7 and 8mm that are 100mm long (drill length and 160mm total). I find these to be the most common sizes when drilling into concrete or brickwork.

As these are SDS Plus bits, inserting and removing is easy and quick, they seem stronger than my standard hammer drill bits and come in a nice plastic case, keeping them all safe and organised.

These bits together with an SDS drill make short work of drilling in masonry. You hardly need any pressure at all and they do though as if you are drilling in wood. Love these bits.

Highly recommended for any SDS Plus drill owner.

Courvoisier VSOP Fine Cognac Brandy 70 cl
Courvoisier VSOP Fine Cognac Brandy 70 cl

4.0 out of 5 stars A bit harsher than I would have liked, but glycerine smoothed it out., 8 April 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I am no expert on spirits, in fact I drink little spirits, a bottle lasts me more than a year. I tend to only get the bottles out at Christmas and have a small glass with the rest of the family when they come round. I hate whisky, love vodka, and can take or leave brandy and rum.

This to me tastes similar to other brandy's that I have had before, the same burning sensation at the back of your throat. I was expecting this to be a lot smoother due to the increased price, so was surprised when I tried it. I do keep a small bottle of glycerine for baking, so added a drop of that in a glass, and it worked wonders. The burning taste went and it was a lot smoother to my palate. Finally I can taste the nice after notes, and it is a nice brandy. I would buy this again, but not pay the full RRP.

Tritton Kama Stereo Headset - Black (PS4)
Tritton Kama Stereo Headset - Black (PS4)

3.0 out of 5 stars Makes your ears sore after 40 minutes gaming, 8 April 2016
These were my first headphones for the PS4. Although they work fine, sound is great and the microphone picks everything up, after 40 minutes they start to hurt my ears, as the pads rest on them. Your ears do not fit inside the cups making them unusable after long periods of use.

If you only use them for a short while, they are great. If you are into long gaming sessions, look elsewhere.

Go-Cat Dry Cat Food Crunchy and Tender Salmon, Tuna and Vegetable 800 g (Pack of 4)

5.0 out of 5 stars Good cheap price for the 4 x 800g bags - cats like them, 8 April 2016
We got these bisuits for our cats when the 275g bags were on offer at the supermarket, however that offer has now gone. I then saw this larger 800g bag but there were 4, so that is over 8 of the smaller bags on offer. This worked out at a better price so really was an easy decision to get them. We have happy cats aga now. Still cant figure out why they only eat out of the purple bowl and not the green one.

Apple MA591G/B USB Charger Lead Cable for iPhone 4, 4S, 3G, 3GS, iPod & iPad 2 (Non-Retail Packing)
Offered by Tec Uk

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheap price but a great lead, 8 April 2016
My old iPod original connector had broken wires at the end so was not working. I did wonder if I could get a replacement as the item was old now, but found it easily and at a low price. Delivery was quick and the lead works perfectly. I can now charge and replace songs on my iPod again.

Brabantia Bin Liners, Size G, 23-30 L - 40 Bags
Brabantia Bin Liners, Size G, 23-30 L - 40 Bags

5.0 out of 5 stars May cost more, but they are worth buying and using, 8 April 2016
These are perfect sized bags for my Brabantia bin. Yes, they are more expensive than a standard bag, however, they fit perfectly, going all the way to the bottom and they fit tightly at the top to stop the bag falling in. When removing, the drawstrings pull the top closed and you tie the bag. I find that 1 bag will last a week (as we recycle a lot of rubbish). For the extra, its woth paying more.

AmazonBasics Apple Certified Lightning to USB Cable - 0.9 m (3 ft) - White
AmazonBasics Apple Certified Lightning to USB Cable - 0.9 m (3 ft) - White

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect length, MFI - Apple certified., 6 April 2016
I have just got my new iPhone, and although it came with a charger, I needed a spare one for the car. I looked at the cables on offer and price and lead length varied considerably. In the end, this cable seemed to fit all what I needed so went for this.

The connection to the phone is secure and feels a good fit - not loose in any way. My phone charged first time, and my computer recognises my phone through the lead.

As this is MFI (made for iPhone) certified by Apple, I know it gives the correct charging spec and have no worries about any damage that could be caused through incorrect voltages.

I like this lead, perfect for my needs.

Otex Express Ear Drops 10ml
Otex Express Ear Drops 10ml

3.0 out of 5 stars Softens my ear wax does not remove it - still hear the thudding., 4 April 2016
I went to the doctors with a thudding in my ears, like a heartbeat or a fast dripping tap. A quick check up revealed I had compacted wax and the doctor suggested this. I purchased it from the pharmacy (dearer than Amazon but needed it straight away), and applied the drops (4) to each ear, leving my head on the side for 2 minutes after each application, repeating 3 times a day. After using for 4 days solid now, I still here the thudding, nothing has changed except I am now down £5. My appointment for my ear syringe is soon so hopefully that will do it. This may help soften the wax, but it has not remopved it.

Thermos Food Flask with Microwaveable Container - 350 ml
Thermos Food Flask with Microwaveable Container - 350 ml

4.0 out of 5 stars Small food flask - better options for liquids, 3 April 2016
Length:: 5:38 Mins

I have several flasks, the one being closest to this is Thermos Stainless King Food Flask - 470 ml, Midnight Blue, which also holds more food and comes with a spoon in the lid.

This is a smallish flask that the inner separates. As this inner is plastic, it is safe to use in a microwave oven to warm and heat food and the idea is that it will stay warm for 4 hours, or if you put cold things in, stay cool for 6 hours.

At first I struggled to get the inner part out, then realised there are 2 small protrusions on the metal flask, and 2 lock recesses in the inner plastic. The plastic pot slides down on these then is twisted so that it locks in place. You can remove the lid with the inner in place, or twist it out. I find that it is best to take out the inner to eat food at work, but if out and about, keep it in the outer metal casing.

I have tested it with extreme cold and also heat, both without pre-treating for temperature (ie - not adding hot water in first to warm or placing in a freezer for cold). I really liked that when hot items were added, the outer casing stayed cool to touch, and when cold items were placed inside, there was no condensation on the outside.

I put some ice at -18C and left it in for over 6 hours, after which the outside casing was 18C and the contents, although some had melted, the inside temperature was -1.5, meaning that the temperature increase was just over 2.5 degrees every hour. So a cold drink will still be cold.

I put water at 79C and left it for 4 hours 20 minutes, the outside reading was 22.5C and the contents temperature was reduced to 42.5 degrees. This means that the temperature drop was 36.5 degrees, just over 8.5 degrees per hour. This was put in straight after the ice, so if I had warmed it first it would have been better.

I think the main reason for the temperature reducing is because it is not a tight vacuum. Unlike other flasks where it is a sealed unit, the inner case comes out so it is not completely sealed.

Although the flask states 355ml, this is completely full, I think 300 - 330ml is really the best option, as you do not want to open it and have the contents spill out. It is very easy to clean out after use, which is a great bonus.

The main bugbear is the protruding plastic handles for the inner container. As these stick out quite a bit from the flask, it is uncomfortable to carry in a backpack, as these lugs stick in you.

This will not replace standard flasks, and is ideally suited to keeping food warm for a while. Its great to microwave at work, and place it in the flast and eat as a snack throughout the morning.

I like this product, just wish it was bigger as the portion size is too small for me.

Purina One Wet Cat Food Senior 7+ With Chicken & Beef In Gravy 8 X 85 G (Pack Of 5)

4.0 out of 5 stars Only 2 flavours, less product, higher price - but my cats love it., 26 Mar. 2016
Length:: 1:45 Mins

I tried to keep my ageing cats on dry food as it is better for their teeth, but after having some pouches via Vine, they like the taste of wet food now. I have been repeat purchasing the Felix 96 pack of pouches, which they like. This came up, so decided to try something different.

This comes in only 2 flavours, it would have been nice to have more variety because cats can be quite picky with food. If they do not like a smell, they will not eat. With 4 varieties there is a higher chance they will like most or all. With only 2, there is a higher chance that they will only like half the product.

The food itself is very sloppy, it squeezes out the pouch easily, but there are always some contents that remain. I use either a fork or spoon to extract the remaining bits. You do not need to break it up with a fork, just empty and serve.

My 2 cats really like this food and become very vocal when they see the packet. They eat the whole lot and lick their bowls with both varieties, so it's a big thumbs up from them.

I like this product, the only downside being these sachets contain only 85g, whereas Felix and others contains 100g, so there is a shortfall in contents. As well as having less, they do cost more per packet, meaning that these will be a treat only.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20