Profile for Chudleigh Nighton > Reviews

Content by Chudleigh Nighton

Chudleigh Nighton "stuart" (UK)

Altec Lansing Orbit portable MP3/iPod speaker
Altec Lansing Orbit portable MP3/iPod speaker

4.0 out of 5 stars Stunning sound, 12 Dec. 2007
Considering the limitation of the speakers employed this tiny item punches well above it's weight. I have connected the speaker to my desk top computer, sat nav and Snow Fox MP3 player and never been let down by the lack of punch and clarity.

In fact placed centrally in a collegues 53 seat coach, whilst parked up, the sound spread around and down the entire vehicle (40') which is something I did not expect. in the larger space of my company's staff mness room it managed a creditable performance in an area 120' x 40'ceratinly sufficient to provide a clear mabient sound without being stressed and distorted.

The EQ setting on the Snow Fox is very basic but with the unit in "pop" mode the bass is present and the trebles are clean with little or no distortion.

The only gripe is with the on/off switch which is infuriating to operate and feels as though it is a couple of grit particles not electrical contacts, squeeze too hard and nothing happens; relax and the soft twist completes the switching operation. B*st*rd thing!!!!

This is the only down side of this neat unit and something that A.L. need to address before they have a host of broken units returned because the switch is an utter, utter pain in the fundamentals!!

My wife and I have an orbit each and my colleague was so impressed by the combination of Snow Fox and Orbit speaker that I am buying him one to add to his collection of "travel gadgets" and have no doubt that his wife wil also at some point benefit from her own Orbit in the not too distant future.

I would recommend the unit to those who like my collegue and I travel a good deal and have litle space to carry larger bulky items but want a "room" filling sound without too many complexities.