Profile for KSC > Reviews

Fear of the Invisible
by Janine Roberts
Price: 12.73

5.0 out of 5 stars Very interesting, 7 Mar 2014
This review is from: Fear of the Invisible (Paperback)
This is a well-researched book. I would thoroughly recommend it for anyone who is a little sceptical about the need for all these 'life-saving' vaccines. Thought-provoking and balanced. An excellent piece of investigative writing.

The Jungle Book
The Jungle Book
by Matthew Reinhart

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful but for older children, 7 Mar 2014
This review is from: The Jungle Book (Hardcover)
This is a beautiful book, with amazing flaps and detail. However, it is not for little hands! It needs to be handled carefully, and the story isn't always easy to follow - even I have to concentrate when I read it to my 5 year old. However, we both love it and it would make a special present.

Airport (Usborne Sticker Books)
Airport (Usborne Sticker Books)
by Felicity Brooks

5.0 out of 5 stars Plenty of flaps, 7 Mar 2014
This is informative and entertaining. It has great pictures and loads of flaps for little fingers. Good value. Would recommend.

Sharks (Usborne Discovery)
Sharks (Usborne Discovery)
by Jonathan Sheikh-Miller
Price: 5.24

5.0 out of 5 stars Terrific for a little boy, 7 Mar 2014
Well written with just enough text to go with the pictures. It will be suitable for him throughout primary school. My son loves it

Spiral Tarot Deck
Spiral Tarot Deck
by Kay Steventon
Edition: Cards
Price: 14.30

4.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful cards, 7 Mar 2014
This review is from: Spiral Tarot Deck (Cards)
These cards are very beautiful with a lovely feminine energy. However, some of the corners have starting peeling and I have had to stick them down with sellotape. My first set of tarot cards have lasted me twenty years without being damaged, so this is really disappointing.

Ben 10 Easy Readers, 10 Books, RRP 39.99 (And Then There Were 10, Tourist/Trap, Kevin 11, The Alliance, A Small Problem, Secrets, Truth, Framed, The Galactic Enforcers, Ultimate Weapon) (Ben 10)

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value, 7 Mar 2014
Very entertaining, and a good introduction to the Ben 10 series. Bought for my then 4 year old, and he has loves them

Star Wars Character Encyclopedia
Star Wars Character Encyclopedia
by DK
Price: 6.99

5.0 out of 5 stars My 5 year old loves this!, 7 Mar 2014
This is a brilliant book. At the moment, my son and I go through this together, but before too long he will be able to read it himself. It is definitely a reference book which will last. I wouldn't be at all surprised if it's still on his bookcase when he's 12 years old. Great buy!

Thermos Stainless Steel Food Jar, 290ml, Blue
Thermos Stainless Steel Food Jar, 290ml, Blue
Price: 17.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Didn't work for me, 7 Mar 2014
I followed all the instructions - heating the thermos for several minutes before use, making sure the food was piping hot, but unfortunately it didn't keep the food hot (or even warm) enough to eat. There was only a four hour difference between me filling the thermos and my son's lunch break, and so this was disappointing. The reviews of this product seem to be mixed, but for me the thermos didn't match the manufacturer's claims.

Smiffy's Dual Light Sabre Sword, Motion Activated
Smiffy's Dual Light Sabre Sword, Motion Activated

3.0 out of 5 stars This is large, 24 Nov 2013
A light-activated light sabre. Excellent idea. Just be aware of how big it is, and possibly unwieldy for a young child. Our son is five, and we're sure he'll love it, but we're also expecting some breakages in our sitting room from its use!

Star Wars Classic Ultimate Sticker Book (Ultimate Stickers)
Star Wars Classic Ultimate Sticker Book (Ultimate Stickers)
by Rebecca Smith
Price: 3.59

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor Value, 24 Nov 2013
This is very poor value for money - the book is thin with hardly any stickers, I am sure my son will like it because he loves Star Wars; but there are much more substantial sticker books out there for the same sort of money.