Profile for Twonko > Reviews

Content by Twonko

Twonko (UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Kindle Voyage, 6" High-Resolution Display (300 ppi) with Adaptive Built-in Light, PagePress Sensors, Wi-Fi

3.0 out of 5 stars A curate's egg, 31 Mar. 2015
The best e-reader so far. Really clear text, adjustable light and text size, crisp page turning and brilliant battery life. Also really light and easy to hold. One niggle, and it might be terminal, is that even when put into stand by mode with the magnetic case, it skips forwards a lot of pages, sometimes 10 or 20 and that is immensely annoying. Even if I go back to the home screen before switching into standby, it flicks forwards several pages of the home screen. Very annoying and not something I have experienced with any other e-reader and this is my fourth Kindle (I think). I also find the position of the page turner a bit awkward and for me it would be better further up the sides of the reader. The page turner also has a habit of going off on its own as well, with even the slightest accidental touch. Annoying again. So a bit mixed for me. Oh and one other thing,..the case has just started to come apart at the back on the top edge. Not worth doing anything at present, but if it gets worse, I may have to send it back

The Good Wife's Guide: Embracing Your Role as a Help Meet
The Good Wife's Guide: Embracing Your Role as a Help Meet
by Darlene Faye Schacht

1.0 out of 5 stars I thought this was going to be a laugh a ..., 11 Nov. 2014
I thought this was going to be a laugh a minute and opened it up expecting to find irony and humour. Not so. Do people still exist that believe this tosh? Are there really women around that have self-esteem this low? Only in America or areas controlled by the Taleban I suspect. Never have I read such a load of utter rubbish as the entire contents of this ludicrous book. I will buy it to give to girl friends as a joke. Unbelievable.

Lone Survivor: The Incredible True Story of Navy SEALs Under Siege
Lone Survivor: The Incredible True Story of Navy SEALs Under Siege

1.0 out of 5 stars I expect he loves the smell of napalm, 28 Oct. 2014
Tiresome USA drum beater telling the world him and his Seal buddies are great and everyone else isn't fit to stick to their shoe. Americans eh? I got fifty pages or so into this and gave up. As a piece of literature, it's poor. As a snapshot of America, it's much worse.

Sony HT-CT60BT Soundbar (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Sony HT-CT60BT Soundbar (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Offered by gadget-south-side

4.0 out of 5 stars Mixed feelings, 1 July 2014
I bought this because I have a fairly new Sony TV and figured the two should work well together.

The good:
Looks good; sounds better that the TV speakers; Bluetooth dead easy to get going; can control the TV with the soundbar remote; lightweight but fairly beefy subwoofer; music sounds reasonably good through it via Bluetooth especially if the base is turned up a bit, (but not as good as my Bose speaker)

The bad:
Obscures the TV infra-red sensor when placed in front of the TV; doesn't always connect to the TV quickly (or at all), which is a bit irritating; still can't get the surround sound to work, the choices being sound on or sound off; tiny remote which will get lost fairly often I suspect

The rest:
TV volume now only controllable with the soundbar remote; most remote features useless if Sky is installed. Would be unnecessary if Sony fitted decent speakers to their TV's in the first place, which means my TV effectively cost £120 more than it should have.

I'm not sorry I bought it and I think I'll get used to it, but soundbars are a workaround to an unnecessary problem in my view. This one is decent though for the money.

IVSO Micro USB Host OTG Cable for Dell Venue 8 Pro Windows 8.1 Tablet (Black)
IVSO Micro USB Host OTG Cable for Dell Venue 8 Pro Windows 8.1 Tablet (Black)
Offered by Gambolex

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, 25 May 2014
Haven't tried fitting a hub to it yet, but it works a treat for usb sticks. I might even get another one for work.

Windswept The Story of Wind and Weather
Windswept The Story of Wind and Weather
by Marq De Villiers

2.0 out of 5 stars I'm confused, 25 May 2014
The reaction that powers the sun isn't fission. It's fusion. One hydrogen atom weighs less than one helium atom. Book doesn't look too good anyway so I won't be buying it.

The Naked Trader: How anyone can make money trading shares - 3rd edition
The Naked Trader: How anyone can make money trading shares - 3rd edition

2.0 out of 5 stars Irritating style, 3 May 2014
Some useful info but his style and constant self promotion is irksome. Having read most of it, I won't be revisiting it.

128GB Silver Bullet USB 2.0 Flash Drive Memory Stick Pen
128GB Silver Bullet USB 2.0 Flash Drive Memory Stick Pen

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent buy, 12 Mar. 2014
Was a bit skeptical but thought I would give it a go. It turned out to be brilliant. 128 gb for not a lot of money. Won't be taking it to america in my hand luggage though. It sure looks like a bullet and Americans are insanely paranoid about such things. Hope they come back in stock. I will definitely buy some more.

Candy Crush Saga
Candy Crush Saga

5.0 out of 5 stars pretty good, 3 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Candy Crush Saga (App)
One or two levels furiously hard later on. Kinda spoils it a bit. Got rid of the iPad version because of this.

Mindfulness: A practical guide to finding peace in a frantic world
Mindfulness: A practical guide to finding peace in a frantic world
by Prof Mark Williams

1.0 out of 5 stars Question about the Kindle edition, 8 Mar. 2013
Does the Kindle edition come with links so the CD contents can be downloaded? It would all be a bit pointless otherwise.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 28, 2013 9:39 PM GMT