Profile for R. Gray > Reviews

Content by R. Gray

R. Gray (Cambridge, UK)

Fissler Magic Edition Line 2008118 Tin Opener
Fissler Magic Edition Line 2008118 Tin Opener

5.0 out of 5 stars I have to say that this is the best product I have ever seen or used, 20 Jan. 2015
We have had this tin opener for over a year now. After years of progressively more expensive tin openers that either break or go blunt \ rust or simply don't work, we decided to bite the bullet and get an expensive one.
I have to say that this is the best product I have ever seen or used.
Not only does it open tins easily, but it shapes the lid so that it can be used as a lid for partially used tins.
This does have the added advantage of no sharp edges at all.
Forget any thoughts of electric tin openers, get this.

PortaPow 2.5A Quad USB Wall Charger with 3 Year Guarantee (UK Plug)
PortaPow 2.5A Quad USB Wall Charger with 3 Year Guarantee (UK Plug)

5.0 out of 5 stars Best charger I have used, 19 Jan. 2014
This is an extremely well made product, that charges my phone really quickly, and can charge tablets to the max!
It is so good I am now buying a 2nd one for my wife.
I love the lights on the charger give an indication of what port is in use and if it is charged.

PortaPow Specialised Fast Charging Micro USB Cable for Blackberry, Xperia, HTC One, Google Nexus, Other Fast Charging Devices

5.0 out of 5 stars Not all cables are created equal, 19 Jan. 2014
After having some charging problems with my Samsung I bought a new USB cable - Not this one, a snazzy blue flat one - I still had charging problems so I looked around and tried this one.
No more charging problems!!
It is well made, looks strong and when combined with the 2.5a charger really charges the phone quickly!

Coleman Sundome with UV Guard
Coleman Sundome with UV Guard

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for the beach or country park, 19 Aug. 2013
I bought this for our beach holiday, thinking it would be ok if it started to rain.
We ended up using it for a trip to a local country park before our holiday.
It is really easy to put up, the only one gotcha is that the back to front poles have a top and bottom end, with the metal end to fit into the bottom loop and the plastic cover into the top pockets. Sounds complicated but obvious when you see it.
There is enough space for a family of 4 to huddle together out of the wind, or big enough for someone to lye down in.
The outside weight pockets are great for the beach where the pegs (any pegs) won't grip well in the sand.
Filled them with sand and it never moved even in a quite strong wind.
Small and light enough to carry with the strap on the bag making it easy to lug around.

Brookite Cutter No.3 Kite
Brookite Cutter No.3 Kite

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant kite for kids, 19 Aug. 2013
This review is from: Brookite Cutter No.3 Kite (Toy)
As we were going on holiday with memories of so many disappointments as a child trying to get the cheap seaside kites to fly I thought I would go prepared and get a nice kite for my daughter.
I was not disappointed! Very easy to set up and flew straight away.
With so many other kites on the beach crashing this flew up and was as solid as a rock.
I would recommend this to anyone with youngish kids my eight year old loved it , but for older kids try one of the brookites stunt kites.
I found one in a local toy shop and again it flew really well.

Midas ice cream maker - non electric - stainless steel
Midas ice cream maker - non electric - stainless steel

5.0 out of 5 stars Midas Icecream maker, 20 Oct. 2009
I bought this for my wife's birthday. She hinted that she would like an iceream maker, so I spent a bit of time reviewing different options within the budget.
I chose this on the simplicity, and the fact it is made from Stainless Steel.
It works exceedingly well altough I will say you will need a larger freezer to cool it down (ours now lives there) and to store all the icecream made.
It is a little messy as has been said by a previous review but not excessivly so. If you don't want any mess go buy icecream from the shop.
The only time it did not freeze properly was when I made rum and rasin, but that was probably due more to the rum than anything else.

Overall I think it is a sturdy bit of kit that looks like it will last well.