Profile for HazBeen > Reviews

Content by HazBeen

HazBeen (London, UK)

Widgey Nursing Pillow (Cow Print)
Widgey Nursing Pillow (Cow Print)
Offered by Aphrohead

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic nursing pillow, 5 Jun 2014
Good value, really comfortable, I use it at home and out and about. Definitely consider buying a spare cover as they can get quite messy!

Widgey Nursing Pillow Cover (Cow Print)
Widgey Nursing Pillow Cover (Cow Print)

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 5 Jun 2014
Great to have a spare cover and lovely design. Washes brilliantly at 40 degrees with no shrinkage and all stains removed

Running with the Kenyans: Discovering the secrets of the fastest people on earth
by Adharanand Finn

5.0 out of 5 stars You don't have to be a running geek to enjoy this, 17 May 2012
Long distance-running was pretty low down on the list of sports I'm interested in (I'm a very occasional jogger) but I found this book compelling. The things that make it what it is are the author's engaging style coupled with his open-mindedness and refusal to rush to easy stereotypes about the reasons for the phenomenal success of Kenyans in long-distance running. It's much more than a book about long-distance running - it's also part travel book and part personal journey. It is the interweaving of these three themes that kept my interest so that by the end I was willing Finn on as he runs a gruelling marathon in Kenya. He meets a number of characters, ranging from running greats to those striving to become elite runners, and describes them, idiosyncrasies and all, in such a way that I felt that I knew them. Finn often lends dry humour to observations of the characters and cultural differences he encounters but never lacks respect. He is open-minded without glossing over the aspects of his time in Kenya that he found unconventional or challenging. Running with the Kenyans had me so enthralled it made me want to go out running barefoot in the local park and to visit Kenya ...although whether I will do either remains to be seen!