Profile for Shelly > Reviews

Content by Shelly

Shelly

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Custard Tarts and Broken Hearts (The Factory Girls)
Custard Tarts and Broken Hearts (The Factory Girls)

5.0 out of 5 stars Custard Tarts and Broken Hearts a worthy read!, 13 Jun. 2015
A very enjoyable read from the factory girls lives to the first world war and the impact war had of those living through that time, I found myself laughing and crying along with the characters, in my opinion certainly worth 5 stars! The author Mary Gibson certainly captured me with her book :)

Motorola Moto G 5-Inch (2nd Gen UK Stock) Dual Sim 8GB SIM-Free Smartphone Black
Offered by Entrepôt électronique!

5.0 out of 5 stars easy to use and respond's quickly, 4 Nov. 2014
Purchased this after much research on the net, found Amazon to be the cheapest and a bargain being dual sim, both sims work perfectly, the phone itself is as I hoped it would be...easy to use and respond's quickly, good size screen, nice to hold no fear of it slipping out your hand unlike my Samsung S111

Overall very happy with my purchase!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 21, 2014 3:35 PM GMT

Anywhere But Here
Anywhere But Here

4.0 out of 5 stars Anywhere But Here, 7 April 2014
This review is from: Anywhere But Here (Kindle Edition)
Very enjoyable! good ole Kate Dupree! a good read even if it did sometimes seem to ramble on, nothing exciting as such but worth a read, end was predictable but so what? it made me smile!

A Beard In Nepal
A Beard In Nepal

5.0 out of 5 stars A Beard in Nepal, 2 April 2014
This review is from: A Beard In Nepal (Kindle Edition)
What a wonderfully written book! I've never been nor will I ever get to Nepal but thanks to the author I have now through her words, I was so drawn into the book that in my mind while reading A Beard in Nepal I was right there with them both! Also loved the fact that there was photos as well, off now to buy the sequel! Cant wait to read the return to the village!

Lye in Wait: A Home Crafting Mystery
Lye in Wait: A Home Crafting Mystery

5.0 out of 5 stars Lye In Wait, 15 Mar. 2014
I actually downloaded this way back in 2011 when it was free but have only just got round to reading it (having over 1,000 books to get through!) have to say great opening page! poor Walter found dead on Sophie Mae's workroom floor! and so begins the story drawing in the reader eager to find out more....was it murder, suicide?? more than once I thought I knew the answer but how wrong I was! all in all this was an entertaining read that kept me turning the page.

Twelve Years a Slave
Twelve Years a Slave

5.0 out of 5 stars Twelve Years a Slave, 8 Mar. 2014
Decided to read the book first before seeing the film, I suppose saying I enjoyed the book would be wrong as nobody should enjoy reading about the way one human thinks they have the right to own another human being just because of their colour, thank god slavery was abolished. But reading this book certainly gives you an insight to life horrendous as it was to be a slave.

YOUTUBE VIDEOS HD
YOUTUBE VIDEOS HD

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible, 8 Mar. 2014
This review is from: YOUTUBE VIDEOS HD (App)
Worse app ive ever tried to use on the kindle fire HD didn't work at all, wouldn't run any you tube videos

The Debt & the Doormat
The Debt & the Doormat

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Read!, 24 Feb. 2014
Actually stayed up till 1.40 am to finish this...Great read ideal for those dreary days when you want cheering up, made me laugh out loud at disaster prone Polly and her wild imagination....

Tea From A Jam Jar: SOMETIMES HEARTWARMING BUT OFTEN SAD A STORY OF REJECTION HEAPED ON DESPAIR

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved It!, 20 Feb. 2014
Just finished this book today and thoroughly enjoyed it! took me back in time and found myself remembering so much from that period that I had forgotten.

Long Time Coming
Long Time Coming

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Enjoyable Read, 27 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Long Time Coming (Kindle Edition)
Ok at first I wasn't exactly hooked but I'm one of these people that no matter how bad a book is I always read it to the last page, having said that as time went one I did really start to get into this book more so because the main character Joy really annoyed me with her one sided attitude! which in turn kept me reading as I wanted her to be proved wrong! and on top throw in love, a doctor, a dead best friend ...result a good enjoyable read! :)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6