Profile for Suzanne 96 > Reviews

Suzanne 96

Page: 1 | 2
Room
Room

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautifully written, gripping from start to finish, 12 Aug 2013
This review is from: Room (Kindle Edition)
Completely different take on a fictional story that has sadly become a fact of life. Never jarring or sentimental but incredibly moving. Ma is a wonderfully drawn character and Jack is a richly simple young boy who takes us into the world with him, opening our eyes as he does.

We Need To Talk About Kevin
We Need To Talk About Kevin

5.0 out of 5 stars Whatever others say I loved it!, 2 Jun 2013
Beautifully crafted. Challenging to read. Thrilling climax. I couldn't put it down. Not sure I shall watch the film as a result of loving the book. The author's descriptions were so in depth and the portraits he drew so explicit in my mind I don't want them tainted.

FLASH SUPERSTORE APPLE IPOD TOUCH 2/3 SILICON CASE/COVER/SKIN FLORAL GREEN
FLASH SUPERSTORE APPLE IPOD TOUCH 2/3 SILICON CASE/COVER/SKIN FLORAL GREEN
Offered by FLASHSUPERSTORE

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality, 5 Jan 2013
The design is pretty but that's the only positive thing to say about this item. Quality and sizing very poor

Lillian's Story, One Womans Journey through the 20th Century.
Lillian's Story, One Womans Journey through the 20th Century.

5.0 out of 5 stars A wonderful journey through the 21st century, 5 Dec 2012
This book meanders through the 1900s stopping to reflect on every big story of the century as lived by Lillian our heroine. She begins her narrative on the eve of her first job at the age of 12 as a servant 40 miles - a day's travel - away. We learn of the minutiae of Lillian's life set against the backdrop of two wars, huge social change and incredible technological advancement. She tells beautifully of love and loss, sadness and laughter, family and friends - the constants of life.
A delightful read and a history lesson all in one.

Max Factor 2000 Calorie Mascara - 1 Black (Packaging Varies)
Max Factor 2000 Calorie Mascara - 1 Black (Packaging Varies)

4.0 out of 5 stars I'm a convert, 22 May 2012
I've used Maybelline mascara for years but tried this on the strength of the Amazon reviews and I really like it. It's thick without being claggy and coats lashes much more efficiently than my usual brand. It lasts well too but comes off smoothly with eye make up remover. I have to be careful with 'enhancing' mascaras because the flakes can get caught on my contact lenses but this thickens lashes without caking them.

PAUL FRANK WHITE SILICONE CASE FOR APPLE IPOD TOUCH 4G - 2 MONKEYS
PAUL FRANK WHITE SILICONE CASE FOR APPLE IPOD TOUCH 4G - 2 MONKEYS

4.0 out of 5 stars Great little case, 22 May 2012
It's an iPod case with monkeys on it! That's it really. This soft case is easily removed to put the iPod in a dock but protects it well from scuffs and scratches.

Traditional Garden Games Space Hopper - Colours may Vary
Traditional Garden Games Space Hopper - Colours may Vary

5.0 out of 5 stars Soooo much fun!!, 22 May 2012
I defy anyone - however old - to get on a spacehopper and not be laughing within three bounces. There may not be any educational value to this toy but it's so much fun, who cares?! And it's a great thigh work out too - I'm a runner but three races up and down the garden and, boy, could I feel it! Buy one for every member of the family so you can race on them!

Hovercraft
Hovercraft

2.0 out of 5 stars Provided an hour of entertainment, 22 May 2012
= Durability:1.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Hovercraft (Toy)
The explanation in the accompanying booklet as to how and why hovercrafts move was good. Unfortunately it was downhill from there. The instructions were relatively clear but the model was very flimsy. By the time the flaps had been bent enough to meet and be fitted together with split pins they were virtually hanging off. The skirt was very fiddly to fit and the battery pack was too heavy for the cardboard model. Having said that, the hovercraft did actually move once finished but not enough to provide any lasting fun. Disappointing.

Multifunctional Headwear Grey Paisley
Multifunctional Headwear Grey Paisley
Offered by Wendywwoo

2.0 out of 5 stars Spoilt by cheap material and finish, 22 May 2012
I bought this to try and prevent the ear ache I suffer when biking and running in the cold. It's a nice colour and it does the job. Other than that, it does feel, and look, rather cheap. It's not hemmed and the material is too 'slippy' for it to stay in place easily. A mile into a run and it's skidded back on my head and is in danger of being left behind. It causes static too - I'm not that electrically charged normally! Next time I'll spend a bit more and get a better quality item.

Multifunctional Headwear Blue/Green Flame