Profile for Mona Langva > Reviews

Mona Langva (Norway)

Heritage
Heritage

5.0 out of 5 stars Mindblowing, 17 Sep 2011
This review is from: Heritage (Audio CD)
I am a big Opeth fan but not a good reviewer, so I'm just writing this to spread the love for the band.

I own all their CD's and have been a big fan for a while and I was very excited about hearing their new album.
This album blew my mind in a way I didn't think possible for Opeth, because they have already amazed me so much on their previous outings. I am a big prog fan, listening to both new and old prog, like Yes, King Crimson, Porcupine Tree, Riverside and a lot more obscure bands. That's probably why I loved this album so much. If you're not that into prog rock and love their previous CD's, this CD might confuse and disappoint you. It's not easy listening, it will challenge you. If you can embrace their new style though, you'll discover a great prog record. The sound is great on this album and their musicianship has never been better. Mikael has reached a new level with his vocals as well. I hear some mixed opinions on this CD, but if you have some trouble getting into it, open your mind, take the journey, embrace it and maybe you'll be as amazed as I am. Give it a few spins, it might grow on you if you have trouble getting into their new style.

This is already my favorite Opeth CD and I hope the rest of their fans will embrace it. I have the special edition and the Surround Mix is fantastic as well. Definitely worth buying.

Go buy this CD :)

Sorry for my english.
Comment Comments (12) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 12, 2014 11:44 PM BST