Profile for Brooksy > Reviews

Content by Brooksy

Brooksy

The Damage (David Blake 2)
The Damage (David Blake 2)
by Howard Linskey
Price: 5.59

5.0 out of 5 stars St James or Sports Direct Arena?, 5 July 2012
I read the author's first book 'The Drop' on a recommendation from a friend. What a great read!! Couldn't wait for the second book and I wasn't disappointed.
Got the book the moment it was published and couldn't put it down.
The author has a way of drawing you into the book and imagining you are part of the geordie underworld. I'd only just stopped speaking with a geordie accent after the first book and now I'm back to calling the wife 'pet'.
Can't wait for the next Linsky blockbuster - I'll definitely be in the queue. In fact - when's the movie??

The Drop (David Blake 1)
The Drop (David Blake 1)
by Howard Linskey
Price: 6.39

5.0 out of 5 stars What a superb book!!, 2 Jun 2011
This book was amazing. There's no way this can be the author's first published book. I couldn't put this thing down - in fact I may have to spend time repairing the marriage on the back of this (although the fact I am now talking in a geordie accent and calling the wife 'pet' all the time I'm sure isn't helping..)

This book draws you into the characters and the region. You actually feel like you are part of the novel (or want to be).

I have two choices - I can either move to Newcastle and become the new 'godfather' albiet a slightly frail version or I can wait for the author's next book. Bearing in mind the climate in the region, all I can say is 'come on Linskey - get your act together, or I'll send the boys round.....'