ARRAY(0xa30ab2b8)

phil22a (Hartlepool)

Trust Me
Trust Me
Price: 4.31

5.0 out of 5 stars Deeply touching, intelligently thought provoking and tragically heartbreaking., 3 Sep 2011
This review is from: Trust Me (Kindle Edition)
Trust Me is an beautiful, emotional, loving and heartbreaking story of two very different young men, who have faced a some pretty big issues growing up, but as teenagers find love and acceptance in each other.

I completely fell in love with both Bobby and Shawn, the main characters, and I honestly feel like I've just been through everything with them, the writing is that good. Both the characters were full of depth and very real and I just hoped so much that everything would work out for them in the story.

I loved how the author addressed the issues of Christianity and homosexuality in the book, showing both sides of the argument. There were plenty of moments of joy in the story but some really dark heartbreaking ones too, you are taken on such an emotional roller-coaster, and I challenge you not to cry whilst reading this book, I sobbed my heart out.

Deeply touching, intelligently thought provoking and tragically heartbreaking, with the most lovable characters, this book has it all for me and is absolutely one of the best books I've ever read!

The Shadow of Death (Last Vampire)
The Shadow of Death (Last Vampire)
by Christopher Pike
Price: 5.16

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, 9 Aug 2011
I'm not really sure what to make of this latest Last Vampire novel, I was really looking forward to reading it as it's one of my favourite series of books and the previous one was great. But this book left me feeling a little confused and disappointed about what I had just read.

The book picks up exactly where The Eternal Dawn finished. I would recommend re-reading The Eternal Dawn just so you have a clue about what is going on when you pick this book up as there isn't much re-cap, you're just plunged straight back into the story

So Sita is now in Teri's body and the story continues with Sita/Teri and her friends going after both the Telar and the IIC. I won't give anymore of the plot away though. The parts where things actually happened were great, and just like the other Last Vampire Novels. Where I thought this book stumbled though was the seemingly endless amount of exposition throughout. About 70% of the book was the group of characters just sitting around listening to explanations. Now I know it was necessary for the reader to understand the background of why things were as they were and how things came about but surely there must have been a better way for us to discover this than have a character sit and tell us. Maybe I'm just being picky, because of my high expectations, but I don't remember the rest of the books in the the series being like this. Usually it's more action with exposition interspersed, this book seemed the opposite.

I thought that the character of Matt was severly underused, especially with what he is and what he can do, but he was missing for half the book, then didn't really do anything when he was in it.

I enjoyed the Spirituality that was included, as I always do with Pike books, and it plays a massive part in this book. I did find it pretty complex and combined with the fringe science elements of the array, the weapon used by the IIC, it was sometimes a little difficult to get my head round it all.

Overall I was disappointed with this book, I think I expected more, and was certainly left wanting more. It could easily be a conclusion to the series, but cleverly Pike has made it possible to continue the series, and I hope he will. I just hope it's an improvement on this book.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 12, 2011 4:45 AM BST

A Strong and Sudden Thaw
A Strong and Sudden Thaw
by R. W. Day
Price: 12.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Astoundingly Good!, 28 July 2011
This book was simply astounding! A deeply moving, beautiful, intelligent story of two men who fall in love. Who, against an oppressive society, fight to be together, set in the future in the time of an ice age.

I loved the main characters, David and Callan, they were strong and extremely likeable, and so believably written with lots of depth. The story was wonderful and drew me in from the first page. This was the only book I've ever read in one single day, I literally could not put it down. It had me crying (lots) with both heartbreak and joy, and I found the whole book deeply moving. (I even found the dragons a great addition to the story)

I would recommend this book to anyone who is looking for a story that is touching and beautiful, with a great plot. Actually I would recommend it to everyone! Absolutely amazing! I can't remember enjoying a book so much!

Last Vampire: 7: The Eternal Dawn
Last Vampire: 7: The Eternal Dawn
by Christopher Pike
Price: 5.36

5.0 out of 5 stars Reminded how much I love The Last Vampire series!, 23 Sep 2010
It's been 13 years since I read the 6 previous Last Vampire books and I had forgotten how much I loved Alisa/Sita, but this book reminded me of how great a character she was! A very good addition to the series. Wasn't sure how Pike was going to continue the series, with what happens at the end of Book 6 Creatures of Forever, but he pulled it off quite cleverly I think. I love how much Eastern Theology Pike puts into this series and in particular this book. In true Pike style the book is fast paced and has many twists and turns and keeps you guessing right until the last line! Brilliant!

Stolen: Number 2 in series (Otherworld)
Stolen: Number 2 in series (Otherworld)
by Kelley Armstrong

5.0 out of 5 stars PLEASE READ THIS BOOK!, 7 Sep 2003
Wow! In this gripping sequel to Kelley Armstrong's Bitten, (Which by the way was also a brilliant book), Kelley Armstrong gives you another brilliant insight into the world and mind of the only female werewolf, Elena Michaels. Introducing a mixture of new characters, and bringing back some old ones, Kelley manages to take you on a rollercoaster ride of emotions, from gut-wrenching disgust, to utter joy and happiness, with a lot of comedy moments on the way. I reccomend this book to anyone and everyone, absolutely one of the best books i've ever read, easy to read and excellently written. I Loved every minute of it!