Profile for Sunflower > Reviews

Healthy Shoulder Handbook
Healthy Shoulder Handbook
by Karl Knopf

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent handy easy to follow book, 2 Feb. 2015
Full of great exercises from easy to difficult, loads of variations to try and also ideas for routines you can try or adapt your own. Pictures good and instructions easy to follow. I really like this and I believe it will save me a fortune in physiotherapy bills or a lot of waiting time in an NHS waiting room :-)

2 Pcs Hairstyle DIY Wide Tooth Plastic Curly Hair Care Handgrip Comb 9"
2 Pcs Hairstyle DIY Wide Tooth Plastic Curly Hair Care Handgrip Comb 9"
Offered by Trend Mall

3.0 out of 5 stars Teeth wide but pointed not rounded, 2 Feb. 2015
Good comb, teeth nice and wide but pointed teeth means it's a little sharper than I wanted. I bought a plastic comb years ago which has round tipped plastic teeth and I think it's gentler on my hair. I don't know why but it seems hard to buy anything similar now, any recommendations?

HOKA Clifton Ladies Running Shoe, Purple/White, UK5
HOKA Clifton Ladies Running Shoe, Purple/White, UK5
Offered by ANNA SPORT

5.0 out of 5 stars Dancing on air!, 2 Feb. 2015
Absolutely amazing running shoes. I had given up running because of sore knees but I've started again, gently, once a week in these, and am loving it. They're so light and airy I feel like I'm dancing on air!

Adult Bullies: A Guide To Dealing With Grown Up Bullies (adult bullying, what is harassment, low self esteem)

2.0 out of 5 stars Blurb inaccurate, 30 Dec. 2014
This book is an easy to read simple guide to adult bullying and it has a few interesting points but it shouldn't say on the blurb that there is advice on how to deal with bullies because there is very little - the main advice being to make a note of incidents (in the workplace) and pass them to your manager - so passing the problem on to someone else, who probably doesn't know how to deal with the very difficult issue of adult bullying either. So change the blurb please because I bought the book based on that and was therefore disappointed.

Prescription Swimming Goggles for Correcting Short Sightedness
Prescription Swimming Goggles for Correcting Short Sightedness
Offered by goggleyed

5.0 out of 5 stars Best goggles I ever owned, 24 Dec. 2014
These are brilliant! I have been swimming for 25 years and tried a few different types of goggles in my time and I was reluctant to give up the ones I had found that fit without letting in water. But the optician told me not to wear my contact lenses in the swimming pool as bacteria in the pool getting into the lens could seriously damage my eye. I wanted to pay a good price, and eventually I found these prescription goggles on Amazon, but after my efforts to find ordinary goggles, I was worried that these ones wouldn't fit or might be uncomfortable. However after a reassuring email from Goggleyed I decided to go ahead, and lo and behold, they are the most comfortable goggles I ever owned! On top of that they don't let any water in and they don't leave marks on my face like my other goggles. And best of all I can see really clearly both above and below the water. This is a good quality product that works, and I doubt you could beat this price anywhere. Totally recommended.

Brabantia Ironing Board with Steam Iron Rest, Standard, Size B - Ice Water
Brabantia Ironing Board with Steam Iron Rest, Standard, Size B - Ice Water

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, 22 Sept. 2013
I tried a cheaper ironing board and took it back to the shop because it wobbled. This one is brilliant and I love it! I've even started enjoying ironing. I'm just amazed that I had to spend so much to get a great ironing board! But I would definitely recommend it - you don't need to buy a cover with it either, as it's fine without.

Gelert Double Flock Airbed inc Inflator
Gelert Double Flock Airbed inc Inflator
Offered by Super.Deals

5.0 out of 5 stars Best airbed I ever had, 30 Aug. 2011
I've owned several airbeds now and this has been the best. I've had it for 2 years and it's been to 4 festivals. It inflates in about 15 minutes and amazingly lasts 2 weekends for 2 adults, without having to reinflate it. When I say weekend I mean between 4 and 6 nights, which I think is amazing. So far it's been very reliable and I'm pleased with it after so many inferior experiences. It's comfy too. I've never paid more for an air bed, so I can't comment on more expensive models, but I would recommend this one for the price.

LUPO USB Optical Mouse with Scroll Wheel
LUPO USB Optical Mouse with Scroll Wheel

5.0 out of 5 stars Disco mouse!, 17 April 2011
This mouse is brilliant. It's small so it doesn't take up much space. It's fast and responsive. And best of all it lights up like a disco! I reckon for the price you can't beat it.

Beyond Chocolate: How to stop yo-yo dieting and lose weight for good
Beyond Chocolate: How to stop yo-yo dieting and lose weight for good
by Sophie Boss

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple yet brilliant, 17 Feb. 2011
I really liked the thinking behind this book. I read it really quickly because the principles are so brilliantly simple. They are:
Tune in, eat when you are hungry, eat whatever you want, put it on a plate, sit down and focus, stop when you are satisfied, enjoy, own your body, move!, support yourself, be your own guru.
I love this refreshing no nonsense approach to dieting (or not dieting). It's how I like to think about food anyway - and this book has reminded me of what I used to feel like as a child when I didn't eat to deal with my emotions. I've been reminded of what it's like to eat just the right amount, so I'm not full / bursting - actually it feels nice. It was a surprise to discover that my emotions didn't overwhelm me, in fact it felt liberating and I felt physically very well. I think this book is having a positive effect on my life. Life really is too short to be counting calories. Read this book and enjoy all the lovely food that life has to offer (and stay slim!)

Anne Frank Remembered: The Story of the Woman Who Helped to Hide the Frank Family
by Miep Gies

5.0 out of 5 stars Extraordinary tale about an ordinary person, 8 May 2010
Just finished reading this book. It is astonishing. I had no idea that the story of the woman who helped Anne Frank's family, so often mentioned in her book as their support, contact, protector, news bringer and supplier of food from the outside world while the Frank family were in captivity, had such a story to tell. I'm amazed at the insight that her story has given me into the world of Nazi Germany and what it meant at that time, not just to be a Jew, but also (Austrian) Dutch. I was captivated by her story of first going to work for Mr Frank, what type of man he was, then meeting his family, then sadly being asked to help them while they were in hiding. I was fascinated to hear on a day by day basis what she went through in the life that the Franks didn't see, and Anne didn't describe in her book. I was intrigued by the perception that stories have many different sides depending on who is telling the story and thought that perhaps only by hearing as many different versions as possible can we get closer to the truth. On a personal level I felt inspired. The author's honesty and loyalty shine out from every page. Her descriptions of the life and death situations she lived through have brought me closer to understanding what it was like for ordinary people to live through an extraordinary time, a time difficult for me to imagine, as it was before I was born. Somehow her descriptions of everyday life have brought a new depth of understanding to my own life and just like the story of Anne Frank, I feel Meip's story will affect me for the rest of my life.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3