Profile for k.emily > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Raleigh Moon Black Front and Rear LED USB Rechargable Bike / Cycle Lights
Raleigh Moon Black Front and Rear LED USB Rechargable Bike / Cycle Lights

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little lights, 20 Sept. 2011
These lights are very small -- about the size of your average USB stick. For their size, though, they are very bright. I don't use mine alone -- my bike has steady dynamo lights that I use as well, but I wanted something that had a flashing mode as a supplement. I prefer to cycle around looking like a Christmas tree. I love the fact that these are rechargeable -- it keeps me from keeping my lights off until it is "really dark" to save batteries. I turn them on even during the day. The little rubber strap lets you attach the lights to anything. I attach the front one to my handlebars and the back one to the wire basket I have on my back rack.

One little issue I have is that the rubber strap makes the lights slightly too thick to charge on my laptop easily. I have an old Macbook, which is relatively thin but not the size of an Air or anything, and I have to prop up my computer in order for the lights to fit into the USB port. A better design would have been to have the strap on the top side when charging, but if you have a desktop or a thicker computer, this shouldn't be a problem. I've been charging my lights on the desktop at work, mostly. I'm not sure how long the battery power actually lasts -- I tend to charge mine about twice a week now just to be safe (when the low battery light hasn't come on yet) but may charge them more often when it starts getting dark early.

Overall, I'm happy with them. They do what they are supposed to, and now I no longer have to worry about buying batteries. If you are trying to buy lights to use as your only light, I might check out the ones that are a little bigger (there's one made by the same company that seems to have 2-3 bulbs instead of 1).

Sennheiser CX 500 - High Quality Noise Isolating Ear-Canal-Headphones With Volume Control - Titanium

1.0 out of 5 stars Bad sound quality, one headphone stopped working after a couple months, 12 Sept. 2011
I'd read in other reviews that people had questioned whether or not they had received real or fake Sennheisers. I assumed that as they came from Amazon (albeit though a 3rd party seller) that they couldn't be fakes, but after receiving them I think that either they were cheap copies or Sennheiser's production quality has dropped dramatically. I suppose it is hard for Amazon to regulate the products sold by third party sellers. Some sellers of this product may be selling the real thing, but the headphones I got were of very bad quality.

The sound in my headphones was very tinny, and after about two months of use, one headphone started cutting in and out. After about 4 months, only one worked. I wouldn't bother buying these. It's a bit of a gamble as to whether you will receive the real Sennheisers that get good reviews or cheap fakes.

PUSH Ding Dong Bell
PUSH Ding Dong Bell
Offered by bikes4life limited

5.0 out of 5 stars Great bicycle bell, 12 Sept. 2011
This review is from: PUSH Ding Dong Bell (Misc.)
Makes a nice, loud "ding dong" sound. Bought it to replace the quieter bell that came on my bicycle. Loud enough to be heard by car drivers and pedestrians that have wandered into the road or bicycle lane while wearing headphones. I bought it after seeing (and hearing) a similar bell on a friend's Pashley bicycle, and I think this bell is pretty similar (and possibly identical) to the one that comes stocked on the Pashley Princess.

Coyote 600mm Flat Elastic Luggage / Bungee Strap
Coyote 600mm Flat Elastic Luggage / Bungee Strap
Offered by Y Frame Discounts Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars works well for holding things on a bicycle rack, 10 April 2011
I use this on my rear bicycle rack. After struggling with too-tight regular bungee cords, this holds things in place without being too tight to use on larger objects. The multiple straps makes it easy to secure things. Especially for the price, it has been great.

Pamela Mann 120 Denier Opaque Tights
Pamela Mann 120 Denier Opaque Tights
Offered by The Pea's Knees Ltd

3.0 out of 5 stars nice quality, but fall down, 10 April 2011
These tights are very opaque and come in lots of colours, which is great. The quality seems good. Problem is, I can't wear them for more than an hour before the crotch ends up at my knees. As I don't enjoy walking around like a penguin, I never end up wearing these.

Cateye Hl-Ld150 Led Front Light - Black
Cateye Hl-Ld150 Led Front Light - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Good for making you visible to drivers, 10 April 2011
I use this on blinking mode as a supplement to my dynamo headlight (which turns off when I stop). My main purpose for this light is to get drivers to see me, not to illuminate the road ahead. If you need something for unlit roads, this light probably isn't powerful enough, but it works very well on lit streets or as a secondary light. Has 3 options (steady, flashing, "disco" mode). Long battery life.

Adie Large Rear Black Wire Cycle Basket + Brackets
Adie Large Rear Black Wire Cycle Basket + Brackets
Offered by Y Frame Discounts Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Included brackets may not work on all rear racks, but good basket, 10 April 2011
I originally had this basket on my old bike, where it worked fine (basket attached with included brackets easily). I bought a new bike recently which has a sturdier rear rack, and the included brackets are the wrong size. The holes don't align properly and the screws are too short. Rather than go on a search for new brackets and screws, I simply attached the basket to my rack with several zip ties. They seem to be holding the basket on just as well as the bracket.

The brackets may not fit every rack, but the basket is a good buy even if your rack doesn't work with the brackets. The basket is nice and large and has been rust-free so far.

Columbia Women's Gondola Gal Insulated Ski Pants
Columbia Women's Gondola Gal Insulated Ski Pants

5.0 out of 5 stars Very comfortable and warm., 10 April 2011
Nice and insulated. Adjustable waistband so there's no gaping at the top. Comfortable to wear all day. Kept me warm in -25C.

Smart Lunar R - 1/2 Watt Rear Light - Includes Battery
Smart Lunar R - 1/2 Watt Rear Light - Includes Battery
Offered by Montague Sports

5.0 out of 5 stars Really bright little light, 10 April 2011
Very bright light, motorists give me a wide berth when I'm using this. Much brighter than most of the other rear lights I see on other bikes. Long battery life.

Agu Track Poncho One-Size
Agu Track Poncho One-Size
Offered by expert-shops

4.0 out of 5 stars Decent rain cape, 9 April 2011
After several mornings grumpily trudging to the Tube station in the rain and wishing I were on my bicycle, I decided to pay up and buy something to wear on my bicycle in the rain. As I often cycle in skirts, the waterproof trousers/jacket combo was not an option. Paired with waterproofed leather boots and quick drying tights, this gets me to my destination looking presentable (people always look shocked when I tell them I cycled).

It doesn't keep the legs fully dry unless you loop it over the your wrists/the handlebars, which I find a little unsafe on the streets (can't signal, have somewhat irrational fear of being tangled up in the cape if I happen to fall of my bike while the cape is attached to it). I use the regular poncho method (there are little snaps in the side of the cape that allow you to create sleeves of a sort). The front of the cape tends to bunch up around my knees when I do this. It leaves my legs a tad vulnerable, but honestly I don't get any wetter while cycling in this than I would walking down the street in the same weather carrying an umbrella. When it rains, you will get a little bit wet even if you take the Tube, so this has served its purpose well enough.

I bought the light green colour, which is easy to see in the rain. The cape also has little reflective dots on the back if you're cycling at night. The material doesn't breathe as much as I would like, but the poncho style means that there is still some air flow. For the price, it is pretty good.

Page: 1 | 2