Profile for Big Bertha > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
The Second Time I Saw You: The Oxford Blue Series #2
The Second Time I Saw You: The Oxford Blue Series #2

4.0 out of 5 stars Oxford Blue #2, 30 Jun 2014
It's not often I read the second book in a series straight after the first but in this instance after finishing The First Time we Met I straight away started this the second.
The book starts with Lauren returning to Oxford following the Christmas break in Washington with her family, determined to knuckle down to her studies and forget all about Alexander and her resolve lasts .........well to be honest, it didn't!
In this book the storyline moves back and forth between Alexanders home 'Falconbury' and Oxford, the characters have more depth and even found myself warming to Alexander. Alexanders cousin Rupert however gains points for being an absolute slime-ball! As the storyline unfolds Lauren finds herself caught up in his younger sister Emmas deceit and finds herself torn about whether to tell Alexander what's going on or keep Emmas confidence and it's a no-win situation either way. This book ends with a whopping cliffhanger that means I'm just gonna have to read the third

The First Time We Met: The Oxford Blue Series #1
The First Time We Met: The Oxford Blue Series #1

4.0 out of 5 stars Oxford Blue #1, 30 Jun 2014
The First Time we met is the first in the authors Oxford Blue series. When US Senators daughter Lauren Cusack arrives at Oxford University to study for her masters her only plan is to work hard and make the most of her opportunity, until she meets Alexander, who is not only hot he's also the only son of a Marquis and heir to the title. The chemistry sizzles from the moment they meet and it's not long before the pair are inseparable. That is until Alexander takes Lauren to meet his father Lord Falconbury
Oxford is described well, the characters are well written; Lauren was easy to like, as was Immy who shares a landing with Lauren in the student accommodation. For some reason I couldn't warm to Alexander and the creepy Professor Rafe also wins points for being skin-crawlingly creepy.
Not my usual reading genre, but found I whizzed through it and straight away wanted to start on book two of the series. An easy read, ideal for lazing on the beach

Philips PerfectCare Azur Iron GC4910/10 - One Perfect Temperature Steam Iron, 180g Steam Boost

5.0 out of 5 stars If you want a steam generator iron but were worried about the size......., 30 Jun 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
They say size doesn't matter, it does when it comes to storing household items. I love my steam generator iron but it's so bulky that it has to be stored in the garage as it takes up so much room and is too big for a normal ironing board so has to go on the floor or table at the side when in use.

This new GC4910/10 is the answer.....I get all the good parts of my generator; the steam, the iron-all at one temperature and the performance from a normal sized iron.

I love the one temperature for all irons....no sorting the washing into different types of material, waiting for the iron to heat up or cool down. I can just do it as it comes from silk to cotton linen without any accidents or scorches.

Just fill it up, wait for it to heat to the optimal temperature and go. You can have varying levels of steam, it works vertically and has an anti calc button for running a cleaning cycle once a month. A scratch free soleplate and safety cut off.
I know, it's an iron and it's pretty sad that I'm so pleased with this one...but if it makes my life easier I can live with that!

The Dead Ground (Paula Maguire 2)
The Dead Ground (Paula Maguire 2)

4.0 out of 5 stars Fast moving thriller, 8 Jun 2014
The second in the series, set in the Northern Ireland border town of Ballyterrin where Dr Paula Maguire is working with the police as a forensic psychologist . The opening scene is well written and takes you straight into the storyline involving a missing newborn child and a separate incident of a murdered woman, these events are quickly followed by others.

The scene setting of a small border town was good, the underlying tensions left after the peace process are very good and the storyline moved along at a good pace. The characters were well rounded as are Paula's family who she has returned to live with after a long period away on the mainland.
The plot does involve gruesome scenes and I felt this was done really well, descriptive but not overdone. There are plenty of twists and turns which kept it interesting and I found myself warming a bit more towards Paula as a character in this book, though I must still confess to being somewhat exasperated by her at times.

Whilst this book could certainly be read as a standalone novel I would recommend reading The Lost, the first in the series beforehand

A good read and I look forward to seeing how things develop in the third.

Scholl Velvet Smooth Pedicure Foot Soak 150 ml
Scholl Velvet Smooth Pedicure Foot Soak 150 ml

4.0 out of 5 stars Pampering for your feet, 2 Jun 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I got this as it's recommended to use in conjunction with my Scholl Electric Hard Skin Remover. Just add 15ml to 3 to 5 litres of water and soak for 15 minutes after removing hard skin and when finished dry feet and rub in some foot moisturiser. Unlike some other reviewers I found this foot soak to have a pleasant smell and whilst it's not cheap I did find it left my feet feeling fresh and rejuvenated.

Scholl Velvet Smooth Pedicure Overnight Foot Mask 60 ml
Scholl Velvet Smooth Pedicure Overnight Foot Mask 60 ml

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice...but nothing new, 2 Jun 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
To be honest I don't look after my feet as well as I should and foot creams have always been a bit of a last minute panic thing when summer arrives, I get my sandals out and paint my toenails ready to go on holiday.

This foot mask is recommended for using overnight and should be rubbed into clean feet before going to bed. In use it rubbed in well and wasn't too greasy or smelly. As a foot cream it worked well but I'm not convinced it's any better than cheaper foot creams by the same or alternate brands.

Panasonic Nanoe Hairdryer
Panasonic Nanoe Hairdryer
Offered by Southern Electric

5.0 out of 5 stars Love the results, 2 Jun 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This really is a lovely hairdryer.....it comes with concentrator nozzle, diffuser and quick dry nozzle. The nanoe technology apparently releases ultra fine ions that add moisture therefore preventing your hair from becoming dry and damaged by styling.

That's all a bit over my head and when I first used it I wasn't that impressed but after using a few times I have to admit that my hair does look very shiny and healthy so maybe there is something in it.

It has 3 different heat and speed settings and a cool setting. The lead is an impressive 2.7 metres so no need to sit next to the electric socket. It's a nice weight and easy to handle and I'd be lying if I didn't admit to loving the way my hair looks and feels when I've used it. Is it worth the high-end price tag? Probably, if you think you're worth it or can convince someone to buy it for you as a present!

ghd IV Pastel Styler, Periwinkle
ghd IV Pastel Styler, Periwinkle

5.0 out of 5 stars Pretty pastel shade from a trusted brand, 2 Jun 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
When you buy a pair of GHD's you expect them to be good and these are. I can't fault them, they heat up quickly, glide through hair smoothly and leave you hair smooth and shiny. The new pastel range is pretty to look at and comes in matching presentation box.

The long lead means you don't have to sit next to an electric socket and the automatic switch off means you don't have to worry if you accidentally leave them switched on.

My first pair of straightners (many years ago) were a pair of GHD's and I loved them, when they finally died I tried various brands with varying results...the nearest in quality I found were the Diva Professional Straighteners which I still use and as they're currently nearly half the price of these GHD's are worth looking at if you're looking for a cheaper option.

If you can afford them....I'd go for the GHD's everytime!

BT Home Hub 4R N600 Dual Band Wireless ADSL Modem Router
BT Home Hub 4R N600 Dual Band Wireless ADSL Modem Router

4.0 out of 5 stars Works well....easy to set up, 7 May 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I'm with Virgin ADSL and one of the things I really like about this router is its compatibility with both Adsl and Cable giving me flexibility should I decide to change in the future. The router I currently use has been in service for a number of years and whilst still working fine is somewhat lacking in features. This router is dual band and has the ability to swop channels when it picks up interference from nearby equipment or other networks ensuring the best possible signal.
Easy to set up and no problems connecting to any equipment on my network (there is a detachable card with the password which is a great idea if you need to set up equipment in another room)

Whilst I haven't seen any improvement with speed compared to my older modem, I also haven't had any issues. Works well for me!

McAfee Internet Security† 2014 - 1 User - 1 Year (PC)
McAfee Internet Security† 2014 - 1 User - 1 Year (PC)

4.0 out of 5 stars Installed and forgotten - just the way I like it!, 7 May 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I've had this running for about a month on a Windows 7 laptop and not had any problems whatsoever with it....it runs its scans, updates automatically and is pretty unobtrusive not interfering with my browsing in anyway.

Installation was easy, I didn't install from the CD but instead downloaded the latest version using the key on the sleeve. No hiccups with the installation a quick restart and there it is. It can be installed and forgotten – just the way I like it!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20