Profile for Chris in Hampshire > Reviews

Content by Chris in Hampshire
Top Reviewer Ranking: 252

Chris in Hampshire "Mrs C" (Hampshire, England)
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Scholl Velvet Smooth Diamond Pedi Extra Coarse Hard Skin Remover Refill - Pack of 2
Offered by EveryDay-Shop

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential Refills, 22 Mar. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
These replacement Roller Heads are only designed to be used in the SCHOLL VELVET SMOOTH ELECTRONIC FOOT FILES. Each design of Foot File has its own specific refills, and these will NOT fit the Blue Express Pedi – the fitting is totally different.

I always like to keep spare refills, as I can not be without my Express Pedi and now the newest Velvet Smooth Diamond Crystals Extra Course Power Pedi.

I could not be without my electronic foot files and am delighted that Amazon sell the refill rollers as well as the original complete units.

These replacement rollers are a bit pricey, but that seems to be the same with any big name branded goods. These are a new edition, so I expect with time, that like anything else, the price will get lower. In any event it is cheaper to buy these items rather than pay for a pedicure. More convenient too to use at home at a time that suits you!

The pack is of 2 Scholl VELVET SMOOTH with Diamond Crystals Express Pedi Rollers.

As with the original complete Velvet Smooth Extra Course Express Pedi, Scholl do not state how long the abrasive roller will last. Obviously this depends on the state of the user's feet and how often and for how long per session they are used. What is advised is that it is wise to replace the roller once it becomes less effective.
(Personal tip – once the surface on my Express Pedi has become less rough, then it is suitable to use, with care, on areas of my hands where the skin is not so good and where the rings can cause hard patches on the palms near the base of the fingers. Use carefully though and not for too long)
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 25, 2015 5:46 PM GMT

Tefal X-Large Actifry Express Health Fryer, 1.5 kg, White
Tefal X-Large Actifry Express Health Fryer, 1.5 kg, White

3.0 out of 5 stars A Clean Machine, 21 Mar. 2015
Tefal ActiFry express XL size

Firstly I have to say that we are not a couple that eat much fried food. I cook in the oven, under the grill and in the microwave, so chips (frozen oven chips), fish (frozen oven ready), sausages etc are cooked in the oven. Many, many years ago I used to make my own chips, until one evening I nearly had an incident with the chip fat and from that day onwards only used oven chips.

FIRST IMPRESSIONS
The Tefal ActiFry comes well packaged in a sturdy box with excellent polystyrene inner protection. The box gives good information on the outside and is very presentable when giving as a gift. Inside there is the unit along with the measuring spoon, the recipe booklet and the User Guide.

USER GUIDE - this is written totally in English, presumably because it is being sold in the UK. I personally don't mind and in fact prefer it because I do tend to get irritated by information being printed in a myriad of languages. However as the UK is now very multicultural, I guess some folks might find an English only User Guide to be not to their liking or preference.
Inside are the usual Safety Instructions which must always be read.
There are illustrations to back up the written instructions, along with cooking instructions and recommendations, cleaning instructions and troubleshooting.
I could not see any mention of the Warranty/Guarantee however there is a UK and Republic of Ireland telephone number if you require expert help and advice, as well as a web site address. I have looked on the web site and it would appear that the Guarantee is for 1 year BUT I could not find if or where the product has to be registered. I think this should be clearer especially in view of the purchase price of the ActiFry.

RECIPE BOOK - in my opinion this is more of a Recipe Leaflet and the contents are very minimal. There are 3 recipes for Vegetables, 3 for Meat/Poultry, 3 for Fish and 2 for Desserts. Hardly a 'Recipe Book' and given the RRP of the product (£249.99) I expect more than that, especially for anyone who has not used a kitchen appliance such as this before. Remembering too that it is the sort of thing that is likely to be given as a Wedding or Engagement gift, or perhaps to a young person leaving home and venturing out on their own or to Uni. Less is not always more! The last 2 pages give some cooking times for a limited number of items within each category of food. A bigger and more comprehensive Recipe Book would be better than having to experiment, as Food is too expensive to waste.

IN USE I would make the following comments & observations:-

* It is very quiet which was a nice surprise.
* The dome of the product does get VERY hot and so care must be taken. (It does say this in the User Guide)
* Safety is excellent, as when the domed lid is open the machine automatically stops.
* I very much like the fact that the handle of the pan can stay closed and not stick out whilst cooking, and thereby pose a risk of being knocked into.
* Minimal use of oil makes fried food a little healthier and definitely more economical.
* There is hardly any smell of cooking which I like, as we live in a small terraced house.
* I cooked 2 portions of Oven Ready Frozen Chips. They were ok but not remarkable and were a bit 'patchy'. We did not consider them to be as good as when cooked in the oven. They did not hold the heat as much either.
* I cooked 2 portions of fresh chips and these were slightly better, however not so good as to warrant having an electric fryer such as this. Again the chips did not hold their heat.
* Chicken Breast Pieces (not diced, just small pieces) came out quite well and did hold the heat better. However they seemed to repeatedly 'bunch up' and necessitated being stirred/re-arranged in the fryer, so not a question of setting to cook and leave, so as to get on with something else.
* The ActiFry is very large and takes up a huge amount of space in the kitchen. From front to back with the lid open, you have to allow at least 21 inches for it. The unit is 13½ inches wide and the height, with the lid open, is 20 inches. The length of the power cord is 36 inches. Because of the heat generated it must not be used under kitchen cabinets. It is also heavy, so lifting it in and out of a cupboard to store when not in use will not suit everyone.
* Given the size of the machine I feel that the quantities of food that can be cooked is rather small. There is a "Max" marker on the Paddle Unit which is only ¾ inch above the floor of the cooking area so I think the quantities Tefal claim can be cooked at once (enough for 6 people) are dubious, even taking into account variations in appetite.
* The Paddle moves round very slowly and as I said above, the food did get 'bunched' up. I presume that my machine was operating correctly but do wonder if it was slower than it should be and that was why I had to keep opening the dome lid to stir/un-bunch the food inside - even when cooking the chips..
* I would have liked the Paddle to be non-stick. When I was cooking the Chicken Breast Pieces, I had added some dried herbs and seasoning to the oil before I drizzled it over the meat. Some of it had stayed on the Paddle and was difficult to remove when washing up.
* It is irritating that only 1 type of food can be cooked at a time, because in the case of fish and chips for example, 1 item would have to be kept hot/re-heated while the other was cooking and would by that time have gone past its best. Cooking in the oven means that more items are done together so saving fuel, time and money.

To sum up I quite like the ActiFry but do not love it and do think it is expensive for what it is. However, given that I am not the sort of person who enjoys cooking or want to compete on Master Chef, I am going to get a good friend of mine, who really likes cooking, to borrow it, test it out and let me know what she thinks. I will then add an update to this review to give a cook's point of view.

In the meantime because of the things documented above where I think the product is lacking, I can only award it 3 stars.

Christmas at Battersea: True Stories of Miracles and Hope (Battersea Dogs & Cats Home)
by Battersea Dogs & Cats Home

5.0 out of 5 stars Endearing and Interesting, 19 Mar. 2015
There can be few people who have not heard of Battersea Dogs and Cats Home, particularly now that with Paul O'Grady, life at The Home has had considerable TV coverage.

This book is quite delightful and a very easy read, given that it is lots of short stories and not one long one.

In reading this book you will learn of the sad circumstances that cause these innocent cats and dogs to be homeless. Your heart will be lifted when you read of the wonderful work that the staff at the 3 sites of Battersea Dogs & Cats Home (London, Old Windsor, Berkshire and Brands Hatch, Kent) do. They work hard to heal, re-habilitate and re-home these gorgeous animals and they make sure that the right pet is matched to the right family. The expertise at Battersea and the advice that they give is essential to successful re-homing. (I have experience - the dog "Paddy" pictured on my profile was a Battersea dog who was found as a stray in 1998 at about 3 yrs old, and whom we shared 14+ years with)

The stories of the dogs and cats in this book will lift you up but also knock you down. You will be shocked at some of the circumstances these pets have been left in. You will be there with the prospective new owners and you will be as delighted as they are when they take their chosen dog or cat home. As well as the interesting stories there are some lovely photos that link up with the stories. You will read of the dog that gets a career via Battersea!

Scholl Velvet Smooth Diamond Pedi Extra Coarse Power Hard Skin Remover
Scholl Velvet Smooth Diamond Pedi Extra Coarse Power Hard Skin Remover

5.0 out of 5 stars Really, Really Effective! Just Brilliant!, 19 Mar. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I already have the Scholl Express Pedi (the Blue one) and found it to be excellent. I was therefore delighted to have the opportunity to try this new Scholl product, as it is an Extra Power for very hard skin. Whilst the Blue Express Pedi does a brilliant job, there are a couple of areas on my feet where I have to linger longer, because the skin is very hard.

This Pink Handled Diamond Express Pedi with the Extra Course Power is just the answer. It really is shifting the more difficult skin. I have found that age has resulted in feet becoming more uncomfortable, so these foot aids are so useful and so important.

Like the other Express Pedi, this one is equally easy to use. If you, like me, do need both types you will not be muddling them up. The shape of this Pink one is quite different and for anyone who is perhaps partially sighted or blind, then the feel of each implement will identify the Blue Express Pedi with this Pink Diamond Extra Course Power Express Pedi.

4 Batteries are supplied with the Pedi and are already in place in the pink handle. Just unscrew the bottom of the handle and remove the little battery pads to activate them. From my experience with the other Express Pedi, I would recommend that when these batteries run down, that you buy Re-Chargeable Batteries for future use. These appliance seems to run best when the batteries are fully charged, and with the re-chargeable ones you do not have to put up with less than full batteries.

There is a protective cover contained in the packaging so be careful to remove it. (I nearly threw it out with the plastic wrap!). You will need to pop this cover on the top of the Pedi when not in use.

To use, remove the protective cover and twist the silver ring, situated at the top of the pink handle, to the left. The 'on' / 'off' symbols are raised, and marked on both side of the handle so again should be suitable for the partially sighted or blind user.

Method:
* Wash feet well and thoroughly dry.
* Place a towel on the floor for hygiene purposes or sit on the side of the bath with feet over it.
* Turn on the Pedi and gently rotate the roller back and forward over the areas of hard skin, using light pressure. Hey presto, off comes the dead skin
* Don't use for too long. Check feet to see if soft. If the full effect has not been achieved, it is better to use again for short periods over a few days rather than a long session. This then avoids any soreness by over use.
* Rinse feet or wipe with a damp flannel or towel to remove any loose skin particles. Then massage in some cream - I used Martha Hill Foot Cream or Nivea Soft

Job done! Comfortable Feet! Remember the Velvet Smooth Diamond Pedi must NOT get wet - it is only for DRY use, on dry feet.

Clean the unit after use. I found that a little soft brush was useful for cleaning the roller, or you could put aside a toothbrush to clean the unit. Once the Roller is detached from the unit, it can be rinsed under a running tap and then carefully dried with a cloth before putting back into place.

Scholl do not state how long the abrasive roller is expected to last.. Obviously this depends on the state of the user's feet and how often and for how long per session the Pedi is used. What is advised is that it is wise to replace the roller once it becomes less effective.

This is a great, great product. Easy to use with a comfortable, soft touch chunky handle. I thoroughly recommend it. Even though it is a little pricey, the Scholl brand is historically good and reliable. It works, so no need to go to a Salon and get a pedicure now. Roller refill packs are available.

IMPORTANT - The Manufacturer states that this Electronic Foot File is NOT suitable for people suffering from Diabetes and/or Poor Blood Circulation.

Bakers Dentacrunch Chicken & Country Vegetables Dry Dog Food, 1 kg, Pack of 4
Bakers Dentacrunch Chicken & Country Vegetables Dry Dog Food, 1 kg, Pack of 4

5.0 out of 5 stars Sooooo Crunchy! Mmmmmm, 19 Mar. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Teeth! Like us, dogs love to eat so it is very important for us owners to do the best we can to keep their teeth in the best condition we can. It is not the easiest task, so I am always keen to try the various products designed to help our dog's teeth (cats too) to be healthy.

So, Bakers Dentacrunch is a new All-in-One Dried Dog Food and is really, really crunchy! On opening the box of TASTY BEEF with CRUNCHY VEGETABLES this food smells good. Unlike a lot of dog foods, there is no strong odour (appealing to the dogs but not to us huh!!).

In other Bakers varieties of dog food there are some soft pieces, but not in this one, just really hard pieces of kibble.

I also had the opportunity to try the CHICKEN & CRUNCHY VEGETABLE variety too. On opening the box of Tasty CHICKEN with Crunchy Vegetables again this food smells good too and as before with the Beef, there is no strong odour. The vegetable pieces look the same in both the flavour varieties, but with the CHICKEN, it is that the hoop shaped pieces are much lighter in colour than the Beef flavour.

We have 2 dogs, both from Dogs Trust and each of them were originally found as strays. "Amber" the bigger one is a gobbler and can be really quite greedy. "Maisy" the petite Border Collie is more of a little lady and really savours her food and generally chews every piece. Now the reason I can confirm that this Bakers Dentacrunch is really hard is because it took "Maisy" a lot longer to eat this food and you could really hear the crunching sound. With "Amber" it was less noticeable as being the bigger dog, the mouth is also bigger BUT even she found she had to do some crunching! Result!

This 1kg of Bakers food is presented in a sturdy box which has plenty of information printed on it. Information to tell you, the owner, details of the composition of the food - the ingredients, so you know what you are feeding to your best friend. Alongside this information is a Feeding Guide which gives a description of the size of dog (eg Toy, Small, Medium etc etc) and the average weight range within the dog sizes. Then there are the recommended DAILY amounts to feed according to the size and weight of the pet. Obviously these recommended DAILY amounts can be split into several meals if you prefer or if your Vet has advised several small meals a day for your dog.

Whilst shopping in one of our large multi-national supermarkets, I noticed that there was also the option to purchase Dentacrunch as a 2.7kg plastic bag.

"Amber" and "Maisy" have 3 meals a day - tinned loaf food for breakfast and then crunchy food for lunch and evening meal. In order to keep them entertained the dried food is fed using Activity Toys. To this end, I include a photo of the food alongside a ruler, so if you too use these sorts of activity feeders, then you can tell if the Bakers Dentacrunch will fit.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Stung
Stung
by Joss Stirling

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow! Brilliant Novel!, 10 Mar. 2015
This review is from: Stung (Paperback)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I get really despondent and disappointed when I pick up a book to read, only to find that I have to wade through several chapters before it really gets going and finally captures my interest. No such problem with "Stung" as from the first few lines of Chapter 1 you are in there with Kate Pearl, the main subject of the story.

The story opens with Kate standing on a wheelie bin, peering over the hedge into her mother's back garden and watching her little half sister playing in a sandpit. As she watches, out comes Maya, her mother, and Kate hears Sally chatting to her and playing with her Barbie doll. As she watches the homely scene Kate wonders if she should risk calling out to her mother, to talk to her, then just as she quietly calls "Mum?" the decision is taken out of her hands as hearing a crash and a cry from inside the house, Maya rushes inside. Kate jumps down off the wheelie bin, retrieves her rucksack from the ground and leaves.

The reader is then taken to the briefing room of the Young Detective Agency, where we meet Nathan Hunter, who just scrapes in on time for the meeting. For those of you who read "Storm & Stone", you will already know of Raven Stone, an American whose Grandfather and Guardian, also works for the YDA. Among others, Kieran Storm, Raven's partner, is also present at the meeting which has been called by Isaac – Colonel Hampton who is the Agency's leader and founder.

The subject of the meeting at the YDA is Kate! Kate the top student who had been placed in the C stream, known as Cats, and who had been sent on a mission to Indonesia to penetrate a human trafficking ring in Jakarta run by a gang called The Scorpions. The mission went wrong, people got killed and Kate disappeared because the YDA did not move quickly enough to extract her from the situation.

Kate is like a fugitive. She is on the run and fearing for her life. She trusts nobody and is perpetually looking over her shoulder. Someone is out to get her but why?

Isaac needs to have Kate found and brought in to the YDA and Nathan has been tasked with the job, aided by Damien and backed up by Raven and Kieran. The Agency knows that Kate is back in the UK but why? They all thought that she would have been hiding out in another English-speaking country for safety. Why did Kate come back to her roots, to Castle Combe near Bath in Somerset?

As the story gathers pace, we travel round the country with Kate who is ducking and diving, making sure she is not caught. Does Nathan find her? Does Kate finally trust him? Why is it that the evil men seem to always know where she is? Who is betraying her?

To tell you any more about the story will spoil your enjoyment of the book. There is a lot of intrigue, questions without answers, a 'who is doing what and why'? The quest to keep moving and to stay safe is interspersed with a growing closeness and possibly the start of a romance between Kate and Nathan.

Trust me, you will not be able to put this book down. The more you get into it the less you will want to stop reading it. It is a brilliant story that is cleverly written and which would make a great mini series for TV.

The book is for Young Adults aimed at 13 yrs upwards.

Parents can be assured there are no 'nasties' in the book, nothing to have a bad influence on the young and impressionable mind. I am an old adult and I really enjoyed this book and I think it is not just for the young, but for anyone who likes some mystery, intrigue and a fast paced story.

Sweet Dreams, Little One
Sweet Dreams, Little One
by Massimo Gramellini

1.0 out of 5 stars Very Disappointing, 2 Mar. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I felt very let down by this book.

The little synopsis made this work of fiction sound really good but the reality, for me, was far from that.

The front cover shows that "Sweet Dreams Little One" by Massimo Gramellini is a novel, BUT, it did not read like one, it was very confusing. The Author's name is that of the people in the book. The story was much more like a memoir, an autobiography - it was a very strange read.

The first page and then the next two or three chapters of the book were fine, but the more I read on the more I found the story to be lacklustre. Yes, it is sad for a little boy to lose his mother, but that little boy grew into a man who shunned offers of help from well meaning people and seemed to just wallow in his self obsession rather than getting on with life and making the best of things.

To me it was disjointed, it did not flow. I did persevere to the end of the book, but it is not a novel that I will remember and I definitely could not recommend it. It is too dreary, too lifeless, it just went nowhere for me.

Whether or not the story has lost something in the translation from Italian to English I don't know, but I am amazed that it is a No 1 Bestseller.

Geemarc Corded Telephone - Apollo10 Black/Grey- UK Version
Geemarc Corded Telephone - Apollo10 Black/Grey- UK Version

4.0 out of 5 stars A Well Priced Phone, 2 Mar. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Even though both my husband and I have mobile phones, we have never given up our land-line. Batteries run down, reception is not always good with a mobile and although we don't use the telephone a lot it is essential to have a reliable one. We have also kept the landline so as to have the facility of Broadband.

We like things that are simple & functional and this Apollo 10 basic telephone fits that criteria. I have got it to replace an existing extension phone in the bedroom, as the Apollo 10 does not take up much space on the bedside unit.

* The phone is nicely packaged, with the box providing a list of the features of the phone, printed in English and French.

* There is a User Guide which is adequate and easy to read follow. However I am not sure if it is the Handset of the Phone, or the Information in the User Guide which is out of date. On the Handset bottom row of buttons, reading left to right, the buttons are FLASH Button, MUTE/STORE Button and REDIAL - Last Number Redial Function. The User Guide shows this on the illustration of the Phone Handset, BUT on the actual Handset the Flash Button shows an R, and the other two buttons just have symbols. This is a bad manufacturing failure and I believe it would be better if the Phone Handset had the words on the buttons as shown in the Guide, rather than symbols that are on the phone that I have received. (see photos) [If the Manufacturer reads reviews perhaps they could advise]

* When the Handset is on the Base and the phone rings, as well as the sound there is also a flashing light. This is a nice function if you prefer to disengage the ring tone.

* The Buttons on the Handset are clear and large with a positive action when pressing them. You don't have to be an older person to appreciate clarity!

* As already mentioned there is a Mute Facility and Last Number Re-Dial which are useful features.

* There is the facility to store some frequently used numbers BUT only 2 numbers are a straightforward 1 Touch store. There is the facility to store 10 more numbers but these are on a 2 Touch system which I find irritating.

* There are 3 Ringer Melodies with 3 different volume levels within each of the Melodies. Do not get too excited as on the phone I have received, they are not so much 3 different melodies but rather 3 very slight variations on a normal ring. The differences are so negligible as to be barely noticeable. The sound that emits is definitely NOT a melody!! It is no big deal to me, but I feel the description in the User Guide is very misleading.

* The Handset feels sturdy but is not too heavy. The coiled cording that attaches Handset to Base Unit measures 16 inches in situ. The Base Unit is very light which is a disadvantage and I would prefer it to have at least been the same weight as the Handset.

* The Phone Cable that goes from the Base to the Incoming wall socket measures 67 inches, so is a fair length.

* The Apollo Phone can be wall mounted which is a useful feature (keeping it out of the reach of little children!) and would of course mean that the base being lightweight would then not be a problem. (Fixing Screws are not included).

In conclusion, this phone represents excellent value from a long established maker of telecoms. However, because of the confusion between what the User Guide Shows and the actual markings on the bottom row of buttons, coupled with the base being too light in weight I am deducting 1 star.

UPDATE 26/03/15 - as you can see from the comment, Geemarc are rectifying the discrepancy in the User Guide.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 16, 2015 10:18 PM GMT

Old Dog
Old Dog
by Barney Bardsley

5.0 out of 5 stars Dogs go to Heaven too - they must do, 20 Feb. 2015
This review is from: Old Dog (Paperback)
This is the true story of a rescue dog, a dog that had suffered neglect - a very bad start to her life. It was when the author, her husband Tim and daughter Molly went to the RSPCA in December 1999, that this little mongrel dog's life changed for the better.

Out of the 3 dogs that were introduced to them at the Animal Shelter, it was the little "Sonia" a predominantly black Spaniel x Collie that seemed the most suitable. Suitable for who? It was "Sonia" that chose this family by running straight up to Tim to make friends. They were told that this little dog perpetually cried whilst in the kennel and she could not bear to be shut in. The family went home to think about the dogs they had seen but there was something about "Sonia". Whilst Tim and Molly had fallen for the little dog, Barney had not been impressed and wondered what was it she was missing? What was it that her husband and daughter saw in "Sonia". So unbeknown to Tim and Molly, Barney arranged to go back to see "Sonia" and to take her for a walk to try and get to know her. After this visit and the subsequent adoption of "Sonia" the rest, as they say, is history.

Once home "Sonia"'s name was changed to "Muffin" - a new life and a new identity. A life that was to be full of learning on both sides. For "Muffin" it was to learn that not all humans are bad and that she was now loved and cherished. For Tim, Barney & Molly it was to learn that dogs do not come pre-programmed, that they have to be taught and often rescue dogs who have suffered trauma, are that bit harder to train and the dog takes that bit longer to settle and to trust. (Ah, if only they could talk huh!)

The author takes us through the ups and downs of dog ownership. The difficulties of coming to terms and coping with terminal illness in the family. The awful numbness when that life inevitably ends. The picking up of one's life and getting by day by day. Most of all, Barney gives a full insight into the devotion and love that "Muffin" gave to her family. How devoted she was to Tim and how as time went by little "Muffin" continued to play a vital role in the dynamics of family life. Sadly our pets do not live as long as we do and the reader is then taken on the final journey that "Muffin" had to make and how she took that journey with dignity and without fear.

It is a beautifully written book that will surely resonate with dog owners and for those people that are yet to know the joys of dog companionship, hopefully it will be to a Rescue Centre they will turn to when they want to welcome a dog into their home.

Smokey the very loud Purring cat
Smokey the very loud Purring cat
by Ruth Adams

5.0 out of 5 stars I Would Love to Meet "Smokey", 19 Feb. 2015
This is a very easy to read true story about a gorgeous cat called "Smokey". Obviously, because unfortunately animals cannot speak, "Smokey's" early days are supposition as she did not have the best start in life. She had 7 previous homes before she was taken into Ruth Adam's home where "Smokey's" life then took a turn for the better and she is now world famous.

All cats purr like all dogs bark, but to become the cat with the loudest purr in the world is quite something! To get into the Guinness World Records book is no mean feat and took a lot of work on behalf of "Smokey" ably assisted by Ruth and others.

Because this is very important life journey, going from a kitten born in Northamptonshire in 1999 who had 1 sister and 2 brothers, to a world class purrer, "Smokey" has written her story herself so you are reading this from a feline's point of view.

It is a charming book and has some lovely sketches and a wealth of photos in the centre of the book which all brings "Smokey's" story even more alive for you.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20