Profile for Mrs C > Reviews

Content by Mrs C
Top Reviewer Ranking: 381

Mrs C "Chris in Hampshire" (England)
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Rapesco Stapler, Heavy Duty Stapler Zero-01
Rapesco Stapler, Heavy Duty Stapler Zero-01

5.0 out of 5 stars Sleek, Streamlined and Smart, 4 July 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
It is easy to think, 'well a stapler is a stapler - a home or office utility item'. Not so, think again, this is the Rolls Royce of Staplers. I wish I'd had one of these in the office where I worked! Mind you, it would have had to be chained to my desk or it would have walked. You know what large offices are like, nothing is sacred.

The silver colour and the sleek good looks of this Rapesco Stapler would fit right in with the MD's office. It is most definitely heavy duty and being of a heavy weight will not be falling off the desk or flipping over when in use.

It has a very smooth action and no effort is needed. It is very comfortable to use. I broke my wrist 12 months ago, and because I am not in the flush of youth, have been left with some weakness, however there was no difficulty in using this Stapler.

Filling the staples is easy, just put your thumb or finger on the black button located at the rear of the Stapler, and press down. The channel is then released and can be refilled with staples. Just pop them in, legs downward and push the channel back in until it clicks. Done and ready for use again!

Papers can be stapled close closed or wide temporary. Just look under the machine, press the little steel sunken button up, and then you can turn round the stapling plate to choose the manner in which you want to staple your papers.

The underside of the Stapler base is nicely ridged so as to stay firm in use and not slip around. Also underside is a little label area so you can personalise it against your colleagues misappropriating it!

What I particularly like is that if you want to staple something more in than on the edge of a sheet of paper you can do with this as it has a deeper 'throat' than the little staplers.

The length of the base of this Stapler is 9 inches and the width is 2 inches.

It is a shame that this Stapler did not come with a full box of staples, it only had 1 strip of them already in the chamber.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 7, 2014 3:12 PM BST

Rocket Dog Womens Otzara Ballet Flats OTZAR-BLK Black 6 UK, 39 EU
Rocket Dog Womens Otzara Ballet Flats OTZAR-BLK Black 6 UK, 39 EU

5.0 out of 5 stars Smart Shiny Shoes, 26 Jun 2014
I have always loved patent shoes. They always look smart and they go with anything for any season of the year. These shoes are no exception. I wear an English size 6 and have fairly broad feet. These shoes fit well and I think are probably the equivalent of an E fitting.

The fabric innersole is not only pretty and bright, but very comfortable. The sides of the shoes are not too shallow and give quite good support. The heel area fits snugly with no rubbing. The outer soles are totally flat, of manmade substance and are well ridged to give a good grip to the ground. The soles are also nicely flexible.

They look great with jeans and are even nice as a house shoe. Love them!

London Rebel Womens Shore Ballet Flats Gold 6 UK, 39 EU
London Rebel Womens Shore Ballet Flats Gold 6 UK, 39 EU

5.0 out of 5 stars Pretty, Versatile Shoes, 26 Jun 2014
I hate heavy shoes and always look for something that is not too flimsy but is lightweight. These shoes are perfect for me!
I am an English size 6 and have fairly broad feet. There is no width category to these shoes but I would estimate they are about an E. fitting.

The gold colour is not shiny and flashy, it is a nice matte finish that I find goes particularly well with dark blue denim jeans for a summery look. The shoes are nice and flexible and really comfortable with the punched design making them cool to wear. They fit well and grip nicely at the heel area with no rubbing up and down. The inner sole is comfortable and the outer sole, although man-made, there are slight ridges and seem to grip the ground well. That might change in wet weather, but as they are a summer shoe I think they will be ok.

I love these pretty, easy to wear shoes and really recommend them.

Pegasus Health Salmon Oil for dogs 1 Litre
Pegasus Health Salmon Oil for dogs 1 Litre

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Supplement, 26 Jun 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have been lucky enough to have the pleasure of the company of dogs since I was 8 years old. Home is not home without a dog and as we choose to bring them into our homes and lives, it is our responsibility to always do what is right for them. To love them, look after them, feed them and to keep them safe and healthy. I am therefore always keen on natural products that can be given to the dogs, to facilitate this as far as possible.

This Pegasus Health Salmon Oil fits the bill. I do not like the smell of it, but the dogs seem to find it okay and have no trouble in eating their breakfast with the Salmon Oil mixed into it. "Amber" is a 9½ year old Mongrel weighing 20kg and "Maisy" is a 4½ year old petite 14kg Border Collie. Both are rescue dogs that we have had for 3 years and 1½ years respectively. Out of the two of them, "Maisy" is the one more prone to stomach upsets, but the Salmon Oil has not caused any problems for her at all, or for "Amber".

Being younger, "Maisy" has no mobility problems and that is how I want to keep things for her. She is a very active dog when out on walks and loves to run and play with her ball, so "Maisy" is having this supplement to keep her mobile and have strong bones.

As well as being an older dog, "Amber" does have skeletal problems in the form of Spondylosis in her spine and bilateral elbow arthritis. She finds stairs a struggle and is very careful the way she walks. She is however a dog that also like to play with other dogs and have a run around. Whilst she is prescribed Veterinary medication, because it will be forever, she is on the lowest dose possible so as to as far as possible prevent any side effects. Since being on the Salmon Oil, I have noticed that she does not seem to struggle so much on the stairs and is running around with "Maisy" for longer play times. Her front legs seem to have an easier action when pavement walking, more comfortable and more fluid.

The Salmon Oil is not thick like Cod Liver Oil, it is thinner and easier to pour - not syrupy. The quantity of oil to administer is governed by the weight of your dog and there is a little list printed on the label. For example for a medium sized dog weighing 10-20 kgs the daily dose is 5-10 mls. Neither "Amber" or "Maisy" are working dogs, however because of "Amber's" Spondylosis and Arthritis and the fact that "Maisy" is very active when out on walks, I give them each 10 mls per day. I will probably lower the dose in time gradually, the longer they are on it to then have a maintenance dosage.

The dosing mechanism is built into the bottle. There is a measure reservoir at the top where the cap is screwed on. So, to dose just unscrew the cap, keep the bottle flat and squeeze the bottle to force the liquid up into the little chamber to the required dose. If you go over, then release the pressure on the bottle to draw the excess liquid back into the bottle until the desired quantity remains. Just pour onto food and serve to your dog! .

An excellent product, and even it you do not see immediate results it will be doing them good and will not be harming them as it is not a drug.

Womens/Ladies Ballet Flat Ballerina Shoes (6, Black)
Womens/Ladies Ballet Flat Ballerina Shoes (6, Black)
Offered by Dòlce Amorè

4.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable & Leather look, 15 Jun 2014
This review is for the shoes in an English Size 6.

I have fairly broad feet and sometimes have difficulty in finding modern, lightweight shoes. These however fit the bill. They did not have a width size marked but I would say they are a D+ to an E.

They are made of a manmade substance, but is made to look very much like leather, the inside liner too. They are totally flat with a semi flexible sole. The sole has some indentations which in dry weather provides a non-slip grip to pavements. I think care would possibly need to be taken on wet grass, particularly on an incline. The same on a muddy surface.

The gilt trim is of metal, but not particularly well finished on close up look.

The toe of the show is very rounded and a true ballet style and does not pinch the toes. The back of the heel grips comfortably. The inner sides of the shoe are not too shallow and grip well. The outer sides are slightly more shallow, but not uncomfortably so.

I have had several compliments on these shoes and can confirm that I have found them to be comfortable on first wearing. There is nothing inside to rub or cause discomfort. For anyone who perhaps does not like wearing slippers in the home, these shoes would be suitable as house shoes as they are certainly not heavy, but just right!

NaturVet GrassSaver Tablets, 250 Pills
NaturVet GrassSaver Tablets, 250 Pills
Offered by Pet Supply Company USA

5.0 out of 5 stars These seem to work!, 10 Jun 2014
We don't have a large garden as we live in a small terraced house. However what we do have we take a pride in, even the allocated dog garden right at the end.

We have two dogs, both neutered females. "Amber" the larger and older of the two (A mongrel weighing 22 kilos and aged 9½ years) seems to have very strong and smelly urine. It might be because of the veterinary medication she is on for spondylosis and arthritis. Not only does her wee seem to kill the grass, it is also quite smelly. I have been putting tomato juice in their morning soft food meal as that is supposed to help, but it only has a small effect. So, when I saw these Grass Saver Tablets on sale I had to try them.

The recommended dose for "Amber's" size is quite a few and that would use them up really quickly. I am also using them on "Maisy" the little Border Collie. So, I give "Amber" 2 tablets and "Maisy" 1 tablet just to try out. This has most definitely helped and I am sure that if the full correct dose is used then the problem would be totally solved.

The tablets must be palatable as even fussy "Maisy" munches them quite happily! Result huh!

Rexel Style+ Cross Cut 7-Sheet Paper / Credit Card Shredder with 12L Pullout Bin and View Window

5.0 out of 5 stars An Excellent Shredder, 10 Jun 2014
This is a really, really good Shredder for the home/home office. In this day and age of identity fraud etc, it is extremely important to shred any papers that have personal details on.

This Rexel Cross Cut Shredder is sold at a very good price. It is a nice sturdy machine which is very simple to operate and has the added bonus of being able to shred those little plastic cards that we all have these days!

There are just 3 settings - Off. Reverse and On/Auto. If some paper gets a bit stuck, then just flick into reverse for a few seconds and then back to On/Auto and all is sorted.

Whilst shredding the papers, the operation of the unit is really smooth and quiet (unlike the previous shredder we had). The bin that collects the shredded paper is nice and large and is a doddle to empty. No top to take off, just slide it out from the front of the machine and empty the contents into the normal household waste wheelie bin (shredded paper cannot be re-cycled), or use as small pet bedding, packing material or put it on the compost heap.

I am very pleased with my purchase and can thoroughly recommend this product.

The Murder Bag
The Murder Bag
by Tony Parsons

5.0 out of 5 stars Riveting!, 9 Jun 2014
This review is from: The Murder Bag (Hardcover)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I am reasonably new to reading Crime Fiction, but having read a few novels now, was eager to get stuck into this one.

This book opens with a prologue. It is 1988 and the reader is told of the gang rape and subsequent death of a young girl. A girl who fought desperately to survive and who even managed to push the left eye into the back of the head of one of her assailants. She escaped into a nearby park, only to be re-captured by this savage band of extremely cruel and nasty youths.

Then at Chapter 1 the reader is taken to London where Detective Max Wolfe is on surveillance in tandem with the Metropolitan Police firearms unit. Bomb disposal squads are in the vicinity too. What is all this about? It is, as Detective Max Wolfe says, about a man who is planning to die!

Chapter 2 finds us with Detective Wolfe and a SOCO at the office of a banker. A dead Banker. A Banker who has been brutally killed. The scene is dire. On the banker's desk is a blood spattered photo of 7 young men. Not a recent photo but one taken in the 80's and the men are more boys at the time it was taken. Why was this banker killed? Robbery? No, he is still wearing his Rolex!

In Chapter 3 we go home with Detective Wolfe. All is not right! Ah, it is 'Stan', the puppy. Oh dear. We meet Mrs Murphy, their help, and Scout, Max Wolfe's 5yo daughter.

The next day, DC Wolfe has to visit the widow of the dead banker, Natasha Buck, who lives in a portered apartment that overlooks Regent's Park. A lovely apartment that is clean, uncluttered and oozing big budget and good taste. It is not the easiest of interviews, as Natasha is somewhat prickly. Just as Wolfe is walking to his car, he gets a call from DCI Mallory - another body has been found! The victim has been brutally murdered in exactly the same way as the wealthy banker, Hugo Buck!

As the book goes on, the reader is there with DC Wolfe during his domestic life with his young daughter and their puppy. With him as the investigations into the gruesome murders progress. With him as he delves into the contents of the Black Museum, at New Scotland Yard.

The story twists and turns, this way and that. DC Wolfe faces danger, as well as a personal loss during the investigations to nail down the perpetrator of these gruesome murders.

It is a very very good novel. Very cleverly written in the intertwining with the detective work and the personal aspects of DC Wolfe's life.

I found it to be a real page turner and at no point was I disappointed. Sometimes these fast paced books tend to peter off a bit at the end and be a bit of a let down, but not this one.

I have not told you too much about the story, about the plot, because it would spoil your read of this gripping book.

It would make an excellent film for the big screen and would also translate well as a series (like Scott & Bailey) on the small screen.

I can totally recommend this book - it is brilliant!

Vax Dual Power Reach Carpet Cleaner, 2.7 L, Graphite and Purple
Vax Dual Power Reach Carpet Cleaner, 2.7 L, Graphite and Purple

1.0 out of 5 stars Very Dangerous, 9 Jun 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
It was with eager anticipation that I took delivery of the Vax Dual Power Reach Carpet Cleaner. I already have a Vax Multisystem, which although it has the facility to shampoo carpets and furniture, is a little bit of a fiddle to set up. This product being dedicated to just shampoo carpets & suitable upholstery seemed like an excellent idea.

It arrived in a nice sturdy box, complete with an easy to read and understand instruction manual. There was a limited amount of putting it together to be done, but was totally simple.

This Vax comes with additional tools, to facilitate shampooing stair carpet and upholstery. These tools are stowed in a drawstring bag, which has a convenient hook, to enable it to be hung on the machine when put away and not in use. A small bottle of Vax Carpet Cleaning Solution was also provided.

Now for the bad part. We have a normal close/short pile 80/20 Wool carpet which has been shampooed several times before and not caused any problems with whatever machine I have used. We have a small terraced house that has a little inner porch area before coming into the main living room. This was where I started and all seemed well. I had only done a very small amount of carpet in the living room when I felt a change in the feel of the motor and also it sounded different. I carried on for a little while longer but then decided to stop and investigate, as it started to feel hot.

I looked under the rollers to see if something had become stuck. There was some wet carpet pile and some dog hairs (even though I had previously vacuumed). I cleaned all this off and started again. It just got harder and harder and it seemed the brush rollers were not rotating. OK - I got out the instruction booklet and decided to investigate if the belt had broken or something. I unplugged the lead from the electricity socket and proceeded to undo the casing underneath, as instructed in the booklet, to replace belt or brush rollers.

On removing the casing I was horrified at what I saw. The belt had heated up, was out of place and started to disintegrate. Burnt bits fell out on to my carpet and marked it. Heated up bits of the belt (which is plastic and not rubber as one would expect it to be) had adhered to the part of the roller over which it was placed. A total mess. A total nightmare and had I continued to use this Vax I have no doubt that a small fire, at the very least, would have been the outcome.

None of this is the fault of Amazon. This is a total design fault and product failure which Vax need to address. I cannot understand why the drive belt is just a plastic. Normally such components are rubber.

I have placed some photos I took of what I saw when I undid the casing.

DO NOT BUY - THIS PRODUCT IS EXTREMELY RISKY.

Rapesco Stapler, Stapling Plier for rapid stapling
Rapesco Stapler, Stapling Plier for rapid stapling

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect!, 8 Jun 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Just the right stapler for office and general use.

It has a nice weight to it, with a good sturdy feel to give years of service at home or in the office. It is very easy and comfortable to use, even when stapling thicker amounts of paper/mailing bags etc. It is equally efficient when used to just staple a couple of pages of paper together. It is a great all rounder.

The Stapler comes with a box of 1000 Hard Wire 24/6mm Staples, however I have tried the staples from my little old hand stapler, which are just the usual 26/6mm and they work fine in this Rapesco Stapler.

Inserting the staples is quick and easy and very safe, with no chance of inadvertently stapling your finger! A diagrammatic leaflet is provided to show the buyer how to insert the staples.

The product is presented in a sturdy box which is handy to store it in to keep it nice should you only want it for occasional heavy duty use.

An excellent product which I can thoroughly recommend.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20