Profile for Chris from Hampshire > Reviews

Content by Chris from Ham...
Top Reviewer Ranking: 327

Chris from Hampshire "Mrs C" (Hampshire, England)
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
M&C Serene-UM Calm Drops, Naturally Calms & Soothes for Dogs & Cats (100ml)
M&C Serene-UM Calm Drops, Naturally Calms & Soothes for Dogs & Cats (100ml)

3.0 out of 5 stars Easy to Use but Not effective enough, 26 July 2015
Serene-UM Calming Drops

I have 2 rescue dogs "Amber" a 10½ Alsatian x Greyhound x Staffie, and "Maisy" a very petite Border Collie, both of who are scared by pops and bangs, especially fireworks.

"Amber" is the worst, a real 'scaredy cat' and I don't really know why. She looks brave but she becomes a quivering mess with firework noises and others like distant gun shots (we live in a small country town), thunder, noisy builders crashing and banging. So, I try everything to try and help her.

Unfortunately these drops didn't help much, even using them in tandem with other similar products. "Maisy" was a little better, but not sure how much of the fear she picks up from "Amber".

These drops may work for some dogs but unfortunately, not very well on my two. Sorry.

Murad Age Reform Rapid Collagen Infusion 30 ml
Murad Age Reform Rapid Collagen Infusion 30 ml

2.0 out of 5 stars Very Expensive but Makes No Real Difference, 25 July 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Murad Age Reform Rapid Collagen Infusion 30ml

None of us relish growing old and with it, the subsequent change in our appearance, particularly our faces. Unfortunately none of us can avoid this process and all we can do is to try and make the best of ourselves.

It would appear that Murad has the answer in this Age Reform Rapid Collagen Infusion. They claim that once applied to the face, the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles will be reduced in 2 hours. Also, that in use, it will maintain youthful collagen levels and hydrates the skin to improve volumes. These are big claims in my opinion!

So, post cleansing I applied some of the Collagen Infusion over my face and neck. I then applied the Tinted Moisturiser that I now wear, instead of a proper Foundation Cream, as it now seems to suit me better.

• The Murad Collagen Infusion was easy to apply and felt very nice on my skin. I did feel hydrated.
• My Tinted Moisturiser went on well over the Infusion, and stayed fresh looking during the day.
• Disappointingly, I did not see any real improvement to any lines or wrinkles.
I have used it every day for the last few days, and whilst feeling very nice, it did not do as claimed by the Manufacturer.

Even if the product had lived up to the claims, I find it to be stupidly expensive for such a small amount and my star rating reflects my findings on this product.

Cetaphil 100 ml Moisturising Body Mousse
Cetaphil 100 ml Moisturising Body Mousse

5.0 out of 5 stars Works soooo Well & is soooo Gentle!, 24 July 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Cetaphil Moisturising Body Mousse 100ml

This is another Cetaphil product from Galderma, that whilst a little pricey, does work really, really well and can be used by the whole family.

The manufacturer claims this Mousse to be gentle in caring for dry and sensitive skin; to absorb quickly and disperse evenly; to soothe skin and help to protect skin barrier. I can honestly say that I have found these claims to be true for me. At present I have quite a few sore, sensitive patches on my arms and legs, and in using this Cetaphil Mousse they are getting so much better.

It is so easy to use. As with any 'mousse' style product, you must shake well before use. Then just press the top of the applicator and apply to clean skin.

I found it to be really quite economical as it spread well, which is good for me considering it is more expensive than products that I usually use.

There is a list of the ingredients on the packaging box as well as on the mousse dispenser, so anyone with an extra sensitive skin/allergies, can check before use to make sure, as far as possible, that it is going to be ok for them.

There is no perfume whatsoever, so this moisturises can be used by male or female with no danger of clashing with any other perfumes/toiletries. This product is so safe, that the manufacturer advises that it can also be used on children from 11 months of age upwards. Well that sound good to me and really endorses the product.

Russell Hobbs 15075 Plastic Buxton Kettle with Concealed 3 kW Element, 1.6 L - White
Offered by Slamtech Online

5.0 out of 5 stars BRILLIANT!, 24 July 2015
Russell Hobbs 15075 Plastic Buxton 1.6ltr Kettle in WHITE

This Russell Hobbs Buxton 1.6 ltr Kettle is surprisingly good.

• This kettle boils really fast and is also very quiet.
• It turns off quickly once boiled and so there is no excess boiling.
• It pours well and the nice chunky handle is comfortable to grip.
• Being plastic, the kettle is lightweight to lift, and therefore not excessively heavy even when used to capacity.
• When empty, it appears to be a tiny bit unstable on it's base, however I have noticed my other kettles have been like this. It could be a safety factor so that it is not hard down on the electricity if inadvertently switched on while empty – this is just a thought. Once water is in the kettle there is no instability at all.
• Pre-1st use I boiled up the water, emptied and then rinsed the kettle out as per the User Guide. I did not find any smell or taste of plastic whatsoever.
• The User Guide is in simple language and in English only, complete with an illustration and is perfectly clear.
• The product has a 1 year Guarantee (receipt of purchase required). If the Kettle is registered on-line then an extra year is added to the Guarantee.
• The length of the Power Cable from the stand to the end of the Electric Plug is 22½ inches.

I chose White because it goes with anything, and having previously had kettles in Black, Shiny Chrome and Stainless Steel, because our water is so dreadfully hard, it does not take long for the tell tale white deposits to show up round the spout and other areas where the steam escapes.

I have high hopes that this White Kettle will keep it’s smart, crisp good looks for longer (Will update that as time goes on)

I genuinely recommend this Russell Hobbs Kettle.

HiBiSCRUB Antimicrobal Skin Cleanser 500ml x 2 Pack
HiBiSCRUB Antimicrobal Skin Cleanser 500ml x 2 Pack
Offered by Medideals

5.0 out of 5 stars A SUPERB product, 24 July 2015
An EXCELLENT product

Years ago I worked part time in a private hospital which is where I was first introduced to Hibiscrub. Years later, I worked in a Veterinary Practice and here again, this product was used. It is routinely used in hospitals both pre and post operatively.

Hibiscrub is an antiseptic disinfectant for the skin. It has a lovely clean fresh smell and is very gentle on the skin. There are warnings on the pull back label, affixed to the container, which you must read, in case you are likely to have an allergy to any of the ingredients in it. If you are going into hospital for surgery, it is a very good idea to use Hibiscrub for bathing a few times before you are due to go. That way, if you have MRSA without realising it, you should not have any problems when you get your pre-op checks which include MRSA tests to prevent infection on the wards.

I often use it for bathing to make sure any germs that may have been picked up are dealt with. I suffer badly with insect bites and find that washing with Hibiscrub helps calm the skin down.

It can be used on your dog too for any abrasions or parts that they are scratching/licking at (eg paws, legs etc) Vets often prescribe it's use for skin problems, but please be guided by your Vet in the first instance. It is a good standby for emergencies, but remember not to let it get in eyes, ears, nose, mouth and genital area. It is best to use diluted, try a mild strength to start with, make sure there is no adverse reaction and then if all ok, you can up the strength if you want to.

It can also be used in hot water for washing down hard surfaces for disinfection purposes (eg if someone in the family contracts 'flu, Norovirus, Colds, etc). I suppose it is a bit expensive for this use, but I feel is worth the cost because it works. At the hospital, we used it this way to wash the beds and bedside tables down after a patient had been discharged.

Pet Head Oatmeal Paw Butter 59.1 ml
Pet Head Oatmeal Paw Butter 59.1 ml

3.0 out of 5 stars More of a Wax and less of a Butter consistency., 21 July 2015
I consider it important to keep our pet's paws in good condition and like to try the various products.

I had previously used a Paw Wax many years ago, on the rescue dog I had at the time. However, I did not re-stock it when it was used up as I had found it was not only difficult to apply to "Scampy's" paws, but also once the tin had been opened, the contents dried out and cracked (like tins of shoe polish do).

I next tried a Paw Cream/Balm with HUGE success on the next rescue dog "Paddy" and on the current two, "Amber" and "Maisy".

Then I saw this Pet Head Paw Butter and it sounded good so I decided to try this one.

The price is very good, but unfortunately the description "butter" is misleading. My interpretation of that word is that the product inside the tin would be fairly malleable and easy to use. Unfortunately this is not the case and this is simply more or less the same as the original Paw Wax that I used. I am very disappointed, but will continue to use it all up.

I am not keen on the stickiness of the Paw Butter and also the smell, which is such that encourages the dogs to lick it off. It smells very 'foody'.

EDIT - I used it again this evening, and the consistency of it seems to have softened a bit, so was less waxy. However I still found it difficult to work into the paw pads and I really don't like the smell of it, it is very overpowering.

I am not decrying the product but it is not for us - sorry - hence my star rating.

NaturVet/ Overby Farm Hip Flex Level 3, 40 Pills
NaturVet/ Overby Farm Hip Flex Level 3, 40 Pills
Offered by Save Plus USA

4.0 out of 5 stars A Good Natural Product, 21 July 2015
Good Natural Product

One of my rescue dogs, "Amber" a 10½yo Greyhound x Alsatian x Staffie has bilateral elbow arthritis and spondylosis. She is on Rimadyl, from the Vet, at a minimal dose. I am therefore keen to supplement her diet with natural remedies to help her condition and try and prevent any increase in veterinary medication.

This product seemed to work well and "Amber" had no problem munching them with her dog food breakfast. They had no adverse reactions on her digestive system. I would purchase them again.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Chicken Soup for the Soul: Loving Our Dogs: Heartwarming and Humorous Stories about Our Companions and Best Friends (Chicken Soup for the Soul (Quality Paper))
by Jack Canfield

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Doggy Stories to Entertain and Surprise, 21 July 2015
This is a nice, simple and easy to read book which the reader can dip n and out of because each chapter is a separate story. Lovely true stories about dogs, man's best and most faithful friend.

These stories tell the reader of the excellent qualities that dogs have, and you don't have to be a dog owner to enjoy these stories. As you go through the chapters of the book, you will be amazed at dogs saving people's lives; at dogs even helping other animals; at the amazing intuition that dogs have; at the superior intelligence of dogs and how dogs change people's lives.

This book gives you such a variety of emotions and I am sure, like me, you will really enjoy it. Happy reading"

Sherley's Serenity Tablets 20 Pack for Dogs & Cats
Sherley's Serenity Tablets 20 Pack for Dogs & Cats
Offered by WUNDAPETS

3.0 out of 5 stars Not effective enough, 20 July 2015
I have 2 rescue dogs "Amber" a 10½ mixed breed and "Maisy" a very petite Border Collie, both of who are scared by pops and bangs, especially fireworks.

Out of the 2 dogs, "Amber" is the worst and I don't really know why. She is a Greyhound x Alsatian x Staffie and looks brave but she becomes a quivering mess with firework noises and others like distant gun shots (we live in a small country town), thunder, noisy builders crashing and banging. So, I try everything to try and help her.

Unfortunately these tablets really did not help much, even using them with other similar products. "Maisy" was a little better, but not sure how much of the fear she picks up from "Amber".

These may work for some dogs but unfortunately, not very well on my two. Sorry.

Nobby Starsnack Dental Sticks, Medium
Nobby Starsnack Dental Sticks, Medium

4.0 out of 5 stars Dogs Like them and Good Value, 20 July 2015
These Dental Sticks worked more or less as well as the more well known brand that is available in Pet Shops and Supermarkets. These however were cheaper.

Both dogs, "Amber" and "Maisy" liked them well enough and had no ill effects on their stomachs.

"Amber" is a gobbler and to be honest does not really chew at anything as well as little "Maisy" does.

I would buy them again, but to be honest prefer the green ones made by the other popular brand.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20