Profile for BW Herts > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
StarTech 0.5 m Micro-USB Male to Female Extension Cable
StarTech 0.5 m Micro-USB Male to Female Extension Cable

4.0 out of 5 stars Works Well, 22 July 2016
Seems like good quality in limited use so far - extending cable in my car to mobile phone. Just to be clear, this is micro USB on both ends (which is what I wanted).

Speedo Adult Competition Noseclip  - Graphite, One Size
Speedo Adult Competition Noseclip - Graphite, One Size

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for Preventing Reaction to Pool Chemicals, 22 July 2016
I bought this to see if if could help with the reaction I have to chlorine or whatever else they put in the pool. The good news is that it works! No more violent sneezing and uncontrollable runny nose. It is not particularly comfortable to wear but it does the job and is well worth the inconvenience. As others have noted it does feel as if it will slide off at first but after wearing it for a couple of weeks I can say it seems to stay in place well. I haven't tried any other brands but this one certainly does it for me.

hibote 2 Tier Premium Corner Aluminum Shelf Storage Aluminum Shower Caddy Shampoo Basket Bathroom Organiser,Silver

4.0 out of 5 stars Solid Product - Fitting a bit Fiddly, 9 July 2016
I have just installed this but it seems as if it will do the job well. Although Aluminium is lightweight it seems pretty robust and shouldn't take too much punishment when fitted to the wall anyway. The height between the shelves is much better than some, allowing for storage of all the shampoos, etc which we have. I also like the hooks on the bottom. Dropping one star because there were no fitting instructions and it could have done with some. On that subject here is what I found.:
1.The wall plugs have a built-in spacer (I believe) and so don't go flush to the wall. This leaves a gap which water could penetrate but probably not a big deal.
2. The hole centres need to allow for the spacer and the thickness of the vertical bars and so need to be about 170mm from the corner. I measured them as 165 but had to work hard to get it to fit.
3. I used a 7mm masonry bit for the holes.
4. You will need either a short or long screwdriver to get to the screws through the basket edges.
The caps for the screw heads are a nice touch and make it look more solid.

Interpet LED Lighting System - Triple Bright White 47cm
Interpet LED Lighting System - Triple Bright White 47cm

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Alternative To Flourecscents, 17 Jan. 2016
This was purchased to replace the two 40cm flourescent tubes in my aquarium hood which had failed (ballast, I think as replacements didn't work).
Like most other reviewers I have been impressed with this product which seems perfect for the job. The light is very solidly made and the supplied brackets (glued on with hot glue) hold it securely. The only way I could fix mine meant that the light is partly in the water, so I can also attest to its waterproofness as well. Because of some of the comments about impact on plants I have waited three weeks before posting this but so far can see no detrimental impact on mine.I have it installed on a mechanical timer and it seems very relieable. If it holds up over time it will be a great alternative to flourescents but my initial reaction is 5 stars.

12 Pairs Mens Stripe Gentle Grip Non Elastic Socks
12 Pairs Mens Stripe Gentle Grip Non Elastic Socks
Offered by carmen fucia

5.0 out of 5 stars Super Socks, 13 July 2015
Great socks if you don't like too much elastic around your ankles. After several months they also appear to be hard-wearing.

Aqua Sphere Vista Clear Lens Goggle - Blue
Aqua Sphere Vista Clear Lens Goggle - Blue

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Product, 13 July 2015
Ecellent goggles (at least after two weeks of use). Larger than those that just go around your eyes they provide clear vision for full 360 degrees and come with a handy case. My feeling is that this style fits better than the smaller around-the-eye ones. The seal is very good with just gentle pressure and no strap. In case it helps, the way I put them on is to fully loosen the strap, then press on to the face, then lightly tighten the strap on both sides. So far I have only used them in the pool for lap swimming so cannot yet comment on performance in salt water.

Epson WorkForce WF-3520DWF 4-in-1 Printer with Double-sided Printing
Epson WorkForce WF-3520DWF 4-in-1 Printer with Double-sided Printing

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Printer But FAX Limited, 27 Nov. 2014
I would echo all the 4 and 5 star reviews of this machine It is very good value and prints well. One small thing to point out is that if you have this connected to a single phone line for fax purposes, although it does not interfere with the phone or answering machine it is not possible to copy or print from a pc whilst the phone is in use for a voice call. In my case as our family often has long phone conversations when I might also want to print I am going to disconnect the phone line from the printer and hence will have to connect it up if I ever do need to send or receive a fax.

E27 SMD 5050 70 LED Warm White PAR38 Dimmable Spotlight Light Lamp Bulb 13W
E27 SMD 5050 70 LED Warm White PAR38 Dimmable Spotlight Light Lamp Bulb 13W

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Replacement for Conventional PAR 38, 1 July 2014
I bought this to replace a PAR 38 lamp in my kitchen ceiling. I am trying to be greener but still keep these lamps. This one gives at least as much light as the standard 80W lamp and hopefully will last much much longer and uses less power. It starts instantly (unlike the compact fluorescent version from Megaman and weighs about the same as the conventional version. One minor point is that it is slightly (about 3 mm) shorter than the Philips conventional version so that it is now slightly shy of the housing in my ceiling, but not noticeable from the ground.

6 PAIR PACK MENS STRIPE LOOSE TOP SOFT GENTLE GRIP SOCKS 6-11
6 PAIR PACK MENS STRIPE LOOSE TOP SOFT GENTLE GRIP SOCKS 6-11
Offered by SMG UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Just The Job, 21 Oct. 2013
These socks are very effective at staying up whilst not constricting blood flow to ankles etc. They also come in a nice assortment of colours. I will be buying more of them when these wear out but so far (3 months in) they seem to wear well.

Morande Reserva Pinot Noir 2010 75 cl (Case of 6)
Morande Reserva Pinot Noir 2010 75 cl (Case of 6)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Value Pinot Noir, 21 Oct. 2013
I first had this in a restaurant and wanted to try it at home to see if it still tasted as good without the candles and music ...
Found it on Amazon and was delighted with it again.

Page: 1 | 2