Profile for B. Wedge > Reviews

E27 SMD 5050 70 LED Warm White PAR38 Dimmable Spotlight Light Lamp Bulb 13W
Offered by LG Supply
Price: 12.89

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Replacement for Conventional PAR 38, 1 July 2014
I bought this to replace a PAR 38 lamp in my kitchen ceiling. I am trying to be greener but still keep these lamps. This one gives at least as much light as the standard 80W lamp and hopefully will last much much longer and uses less power. It starts instantly (unlike the compact fluorescent version from Megaman and weighs about the same as the conventional version. One minor point is that it is slightly (about 3 mm) shorter than the Philips conventional version so that it is now slightly shy of the housing in my ceiling, but not noticeable from the ground.

6 PAIR PACK MENS STRIPE LOOSE TOP SOFT GENTLE GRIP SOCKS 6-11
6 PAIR PACK MENS STRIPE LOOSE TOP SOFT GENTLE GRIP SOCKS 6-11
Offered by K D Trading
Price: 7.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Just The Job, 21 Oct 2013
These socks are very effective at staying up whilst not constricting blood flow to ankles etc. They also come in a nice assortment of colours. I will be buying more of them when these wear out but so far (3 months in) they seem to wear well.

Morande Reserva Pinot Noir 2010 75cl (Case of 6)
Morande Reserva Pinot Noir 2010 75cl (Case of 6)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Value Pinot Noir, 21 Oct 2013
I first had this in a restaurant and wanted to try it at home to see if it still tasted as good without the candles and music ...
Found it on Amazon and was delighted with it again.

Extended 2200mAh Battery for HTC Wildfire S + Replacement Black Back Cover included
Offered by UK Battery
Price: 8.60

4.0 out of 5 stars Just What This Phone Needs, 20 Oct 2013
This phone needed charging every day, almost regardless of usage, so I went for one of these. So far, less than a week, it seems to be just the job as the battery life is greatly extended. Time will tell if this is maintained but for now it's a good purchase. Re the comment about obscuring the micro-USB socket, I found that just squeezing the case a little made it easy to connect. Since it is now charged less often this really isn't a problem. It does almost double the thickness of the phone but that is not a problem for me.

Magic Box Clarus DAB/FM and WiFi Internet radio
Magic Box Clarus DAB/FM and WiFi Internet radio

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Value and Easy to Set Up, 6 Dec 2009
I have had this radio for about a month and am very impressed. I have mainly used it for the Internet Radio and Music Streaming features but the DAB and FM also seem to work fine.

Setup.
The device was very easy to set up and the only minor problem I had was in entering my WEP Key as I did not realise that both upper and lower case were supported. Setting up my Windows Media Player and also Favourite Stations (on the Frontier Silicone website) was very simple. Being able to have multiple lists of favourite stations via the website is a nice touch and, again, very simple to set up. It was also reassuring to see that software updates for the device were accessed simply via the menu.

Using It
The menu system on the radio is well thought out making choosing stations not on your list also quite simple.
At first I could not find BBC Listen Again but since I recently saw that this is available under Podcasts, that limitation looks to have gone away. Occasionally the connection to my WiFi doesn't work first time when trying to access my Media Player files but that is likely because of the thick walls in my old house.
I have only two "niggles" so far and the first is the quality of the speakers. This surprises me given that I am not an audiophile and others have said that they are quite good, but for me whilst acceptable the sound is not as good that from a similar sized Pure DAB radio I own. Plugged into my HiFi, however, the sound is wonderful. My second and minor negative is that it would be nice if Podcasts could be bookmarked in some way rather than having to restart at the beginning.
But despite these two points I am very glad I chose this radio and I consider it extremely good value.

Samsung C3050 Mobile Phone on T-Mobile PAYG
Samsung C3050 Mobile Phone on T-Mobile PAYG

1.0 out of 5 stars Not Recommended, 25 Oct 2009
I bought this phone a few months back (not from Amazon) to replace my Razr and am very disappointed in it. I use my phone almost exclusively for short calls and texts and I do use predictive text.
My main complaint is that the User Interface (UI) is very poor compared to all other phones I have used. For example if you want to send a text containing details of someone from your phone book you have to ... I can't remember even though I did work it out once and just tried now! Exasperating. Equally when composing a text message it does suggest words but if you don't choose the word quickly it selects the first one in the list - and if you then press the "select" button because you haven't noticed it has already chosen - you send the message even though it is most likely incomplete. Whilst this may sound a very specific issue I am sure it happens to others and is, of course very annoying.
Another example - I have not been able to change the tone which indicates a text has been received. Not a big deal, but I am reasonably technical and if I can't work these things out it is a poor show.
Battery life also seems poor, given the limited amount I use it. I also believe that if it is charged via USB/Computer it "loses power" very quickly - which sounds bizarre, so maybe the charge indicator is wrong.
Anyway, suffice to say I would not buy another and am considering replacing this before it dies - which I would not normally do.
Maybe the other features redeem it, but for me this is a failure.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 12, 2010 12:39 PM BST

Canon Pixma MP610 Photo All-in-One (3-in-1) Printer (Colour TFT Screen, Easy Scroll Wheel)

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Printer - Lousy Manual(s), 21 Dec 2008
I have had this printer for several months with light usage. The print quality is excellent and as noted in other reviews it is quiet, if bulky and heavy. My only gripe is about the manuals supplied and the on-screen instructions on the device. All are woefully inadequate. Not just poor translations from the original language but lacking lots of information. For example, I just tried to copy two documents onto one page (which is a supported feature) but all that happened was that I got two copies of the first document on both pages of my copy. I also failed to find the model number of a replacement ink tank in the manual. You would have thought it was in the Specification section - but no.
Looking for an updated version on the dreadful Canon consumer website I notice they are now selling manauals!! Wow.
So, I am torn between admiration for a great bit of kit and anger at the lousy instructions and documentation.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 24, 2009 7:14 PM GMT