ARRAY(0xb341d1ec)

Profile for SO8 > Reviews

Content by SO8

SO8 (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9
Humax HDR-1000S 1TB Freesat Freetime Receiver (Requires Satellite Dish)
Humax HDR-1000S 1TB Freesat Freetime Receiver (Requires Satellite Dish)

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb !! Well worth it., 9 April 2014
18 months ago I dumped Sky+HD and moved to a Freesat Echostar twin tuner 500gb recorder. I got it in Maplins for £150 at a time when this Humax recorder was £299 with software issues.

18 months down the line I got fed up with the horrible remote and front end on the Echostar. It has not missed a beat and recorded faultlessly but it was time to change now software glitches seem to have been dealt with on the Humax and the price had dropped to £225. The Echostar saved me £400 vs Sky after you remove the cost of the unit so has done well !!

Having bought this unit with the experience of another Freesat unit which I enjoyed all I can say is wow ! It is better looking as a unit than the Echostar (not difficult) but the remote is in a different league. Some complain it clicks and feels cheap. Well, many remotes feel cheap but I don't feel this is one. Buttons are clear and the remote is a decent size and well laid out.
The picture from this Humax recorder seems of a far better quality than the Echostar and that wasn't bad at all !
It seems generally to produce better SD images than Sky did and definitely better than the Echostar.
Startup time is good despite what some have said. The Echostar on eco mode takes about 30 seconds to boot up - this takes in the region of 10-15 so I rate that good.
The EPG / front end is brilliant and just as good as Sky+
I would thoroughly recommend this unit to anyone wanting to junk Sky ! We have been Sky free for 18 months and don't miss it at all. You lose some channels like Sky1 and Sky Atlantic but if, like us, you aren't into Sky Sports then the cost saving vs how much I really watched those channels made it a no brainer to get rid of Sky.
I can't fault the unit or what it gives. Save money and get rid of Sky - in a few months the unit will have paid for itself !!

Yale Locks YFM310FG2 Medium Fire Safe
Yale Locks YFM310FG2 Medium Fire Safe

2.0 out of 5 stars Arrived damaged so going back. OK but not the cash rating of others, 15 Mar 2014
Two stars for this as it arrived damaged. The thing is it had been dropped and had a significant dent in the top right corner - literally on the corner ... and had then been packed complete with dent ! This must have been done during manufacture unless the item had been repacked so it not a good indication of Yale's quality control given the size of the dent !

In terms of protection I was under the impression from many websites that this safe is rated at £2000 cash. Amazon don't show a rating for anything other than fire protection so beware, it is only rated at £1000 cash and as a result not going to be as solid as it (does) feel.

As others have said the instructions are rubbish but the unit is not difficult to use and a quick look at Youtube reveals all :)

GIven the lack of the cash rating I believed this had I would not have kept it - my mistake to be fair as Yale clearly say £1000 but I stupidly relied on other sites specs. Maybe Yale have downgraded the specification recently. Nowhere on the documentation with it does it say a rating for money which is poor.

Space wise it is like many other 'small' safes as opposed to medium but I think would be OK for most people. The screw bolts supplied were comprehensive too so fixing to the floor would be easy.

Overall I can't rate something highly that the manufacturer sees fit to pack knowing it was damaged - and as a result will look elsewhere. You can get £2000 rated safes for the price of this so though - if undamaged - it appears well made I see no reason not to get one that is rated as more secure.

The Bettersleep Company Brand Waterproof Quilted Microfibre Mattress Protectors King Size Bed- Hotel Quality Anti Dustmite, Waterproof, Absorbent, Breathable & Fully Fitted
Offered by The Better Sleep Company

3.0 out of 5 stars Well made and good fit but rustles a fair bit, 3 Mar 2014
I can see loads have loved this item but for us it has come off.

The fit is lovely as is the quality but I found it rustles under the sheet I have and just feels, well, odd.

I think it just may not be suited to the type of foam mattress we have which is very tactile feeling ... it isn't bad ... just isn't for us. It was bought after the cat managed to leave us two presents on the bed when ill (not what you want to find when getting in after a long day in the office ! The mattress protector hasn't done it for us and is off but the cat is now kept outside !! A well made product - we just didn't get on with it.

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars Added - can't so any harm !, 23 Jan 2014
Well, I have added a bottle of this stuff to my 330d LCI BMW engine ... and noticed nothing - but that is roughly what I expected.

The website for the manufacturers is great but this is stuff you are never really know is working unless you already have an issue. I figured it can't do any harm and is supposed to be far more powerful a cleaner than any 'super diesel'. With modern engines having to comply to strict emissions control the DPF can get clogged and anything that helps keep everything clean has got to be worthwhile if you are keeping a car ! The DPF doesn't benefit directly from this but if a car is running cleaner and combustion is better it is going to give the DPF an easier time.

I have seen the insides of Vauxhalls run on normal diesel at work that have been totally clogged with soot/carbon and needed cleaning - so thought this is worth a go !

A Foot in the Door: The Best Of Pink Floyd [2011 - Remaster]
A Foot in the Door: The Best Of Pink Floyd [2011 - Remaster]

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it !, 15 Dec 2013
I love Pink Floyd and if you are not in the mood to listen to one of their albums I prefer this 'Best of' to Echoes ... it's a personal thing but I like this compilations - easy and great music !!

Yousave Accessories Flip Case for Samsung Galaxy S4 - Black
Yousave Accessories Flip Case for Samsung Galaxy S4 - Black

3.0 out of 5 stars OK but not brilliant., 15 Dec 2013
I bought one of these but ripped the back (glued on) when I tried to get my S4 out of the case - it is too tight really.
The design also means if you have large ish fingers that the volume and screen on /off buttons are difficult to use due to the thickness of the plastic part of the case holding in the S4.
After ripping the first one I got another and broke the plastic when I knocked it against a desk - so the plastic is not too solid ... though it did it's job of protecting the phone.
The quality control seems variable too - the first one I got was far better made than the second.
Overall for the price you can't complain but I have found there are better cases out there for a little more money.

Belkin Universal mini USB CLA. Slots in to Cars Cigar lighter socket.
Belkin Universal mini USB CLA. Slots in to Cars Cigar lighter socket.
Offered by PlayTec

2.0 out of 5 stars Worked in my BMW but not Smart car, 15 Dec 2013
Neat, little and doesn't stick out. Exactly what I wanted - apart from the fact it doesn't work in my Smart Fortwo as it is not deep enough ! It works in my BMW so I have kept one of the three I bought ... but the other 2 for our 2 Smart cars are useless. Seems made ok but just be aware it may not work in all cigarette lighters ...

EasyAcc Leather Flip Case for Samsung Galaxy S4 Cover Phone Book Case Protective Cover with Stand for Samsung Galaxy S IV I9500 Black - Premium PU Leather
Offered by EasyAcc.U Store

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it !, 15 Dec 2013
I have bought numerous cases for my Samsung S4 since I got it - and this has to be the best. I didn't buy it so I can stand the phone up on a table - I bought it due to the protection it offers and the way it is made. It feels so much dearer than the price and is loads better than the other cases I have used ... all of which have fallen to pieces - including one from the Oraneg shop that was £20 ... yet no better made than the ones that cost a fiver !

I would really recommend this - it stays shut and opens easily when needed.

Samsung Galaxy S4 i9500 In Car Phone Holder Windscreen Suction Mount Rotating Cradle - In Car Charger - Accessories By Sunwire®
Offered by e4deal UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Good, effective and cheap., 15 Dec 2013
Not expensive and not hugely well made ... but effective nonetheless and holds my Samsung S4 without vibration. Very pleased and better than another make I bought which broke very quickly.

PowerGen Dual USB 4.2A 20W Car Charger for Apple iPad, iPhone 5 5S 4S 4 3 3Gs, Android Phones, Samsung Galaxy Tab, Galaxy S4 S3 S2, Note 3, Google Nexus and more [Designed for Apple and Android Devices] - BLACK
Offered by E-TRADING24 LTD

5.0 out of 5 stars Effective and well made, 15 Dec 2013
I bought a Belkin cigarette lighter adapter to charge my Samsung S4 but it wouldn't go deep enough into the charger in my Smart car - this, on the other hand, did without issue.

It is well made - read very well made. Nothing cheap and cheerful here. It does stick out but not too far and simply does what it says. It has one connector for Apple products and another for, in my case, the Android phone.

I am very happy and actually surprised at just how well made it is compared to other cheap adapters I have used before.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9