Profile for Byron > Reviews

Content by Byron

Byron "was Boring" (UK)

It's Not How Good You Are, It's How Good You Want to Be: The world's best-selling book by Paul Arden
by Paul Arden

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspirational Reading, 27 Sept. 2008
This book was given to me when I started in the advertising industry and has inspired me to push myself creatively and to challenge everything. The book presents a high risk high gain strategy of managing your career by thinking out of the ordinary. I think as a direct result of reading this book I have used the presentation that my boss deemed 'too different' and questioned the norm on a daily basis, which has so far worked out well for me!!

Although this book is obviously been aimed at the creative industries, a couple of my friends read it when we were on holiday (a doctor and farmer) and they seemed to take away as much from it as I did. Takes about 20 minutes to read and leaves you feeling motivated and chomping on the bit to do better.

Ideal present for any career driven person.