Profile for C. M. Anderson > Reviews

Content by C. M. Anderson

C. M. Anderson (North East England)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Floortex Ultimat Polycarbonate Chair Mat for Low/Medium Pile Carpets up to 12mm Thick, 120cm x 150cm, Rectangular, Clear (FC1115223ER)

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant. I bought mine because I had broken many ..., 2 Nov. 2014
Brilliant. I bought mine because I had broken many chair castors by trying to slide my chair over carpet - not a good idea. However, this has completely solved that problem because my chair just glides easily now. I have turned a small spare bedroom into a crafting room and the mat almost covers the empty floor space so I can sit in my chair and just slide to wherever I want - now everything is within easy reach [honestly, a godsend when you have a disability]. The mat hasn't budged an inch since I put it down ages ago and shows no sign of wear at all. I cannot recommend this product highly enough.

Byron DB301 30m Wireless Portable Door Chime Kit with 1 Sound
Byron DB301 30m Wireless Portable Door Chime Kit with 1 Sound
Offered by tools247

5.0 out of 5 stars SIMPLICITY, 24 Nov. 2012
Excellent value for money. £5.99, delivered free within 2 days. You can use double sided sticky strips to stick the bell push to your door/frame [no need to drill any holes] and as it has batteries, the receiver can be placed wherever you want - carry it with you if you need to. It has only one tone - 'ding dong' - but as that is my favourite anyway, it suits me just fine!

The Cake Parlour Sweet Tables: Beautiful Baking Displays with 40 Themed Cakes, Cupcakes, Cookies & More
by Zoe Clark

5.0 out of 5 stars GORGEOUS, 24 Nov. 2012
Absolutely beautiful book, as always from Zoe Clark. Gorgeous displays, stunning photography. I am unlikely to ever need to produce a complete display but that's fine - recipes and instructions are there for the individual elements so if all I want is a tray of cake pops, I can just make those. Will I ever achieve the absolute perfection of Zoe's creations? Probably not [ok, definitely not] but I can dream and this book definitely inspires me to try.

HP 343 Tri-color Original Ink Cartridge (C8766EE)
HP 343 Tri-color Original Ink Cartridge (C8766EE)

5.0 out of 5 stars It works, 16 July 2012
I did it again - I thought I would save some money by buying a generic print cartridge from the supermarket. Absolutely hopeless - the thing had no yellow ink in it at all.

So, back to Amazon, bought the real thing, a genuine HP cartridge - which wasn't massively more expensive than the supermarket one and, as usual, it works perfectly. When will I learn to just buy the best in the first place instead of wasting time and money on cheap rubbish?

People tell me they get good results from 'reconditioned' cartridges. Me - I will stick to HP from now on.

Wilton Fondant Rolling Pin Ring Set
Wilton Fondant Rolling Pin Ring Set
Offered by Creston

5.0 out of 5 stars Time saver, 28 May 2012
I was so pleased I ordered these rings. I have no idea what make my 20" rolling pin is, but they fit perfectlty. As a cake maker, I need to roll fondant evenly and in the past I have used spacer strips but these rings are better as you don't have to keep moving them around, as you do with strips. The yellow ring is the perfect depth for rolled fondant or marzipan on celebration cakes or for rolling out cookies. The orange one is great for covering simple sponge cakes and the blue one is the right size for rolling out fondant to ice the cookies. I wouldn't be without them now.

Nescafé Dolce Gusto Mocha, 16 Capsules - Pack of 3 (48 Capsules, 24 Servings)
Nescafé Dolce Gusto Mocha, 16 Capsules - Pack of 3 (48 Capsules, 24 Servings)

5.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous, 28 May 2012
I love my Dolce Gusto machine - coffee shop quality at home - and instantly. The mocha flavour is gorgeous - very chocolatey but not sweet and sickly. Plus I can't get this flavour from supermarkets - have only had it in the past direct from Nestle, but they charge way too much for postage. I was thrilled at how quickly my Amazon order was delivered - I ordered it Monday afternoon and it was delivered Tuesday morning. I had to go check I hadn't clicked on first class delivery by mistake but no, I had chosen free, standard delivery. So, buying this way is cheaper than supermarkets and is delivered free to your home, I am going to order more flavours this way too as I will ultimately save money. Well done Amazon.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars IT WORKS!, 23 Aug. 2011
Cartridge arrived very quickly. Wasn't in a box, but did have the original sealed wrapper - if posting this way means I get it faster or cheaper, I am happy with that. Popped it in the printer and it has worked perfectly well, no problems at all. Time will tell how long it lasts - I haven't counted how many pages I have printed!!

Sticker Dolly Dressing: Dancers (Usborne Sticker Dolly Dressing)
Sticker Dolly Dressing: Dancers (Usborne Sticker Dolly Dressing)
by Fiona Watt

2.0 out of 5 stars A little disappointing, 29 Jun. 2011
Having had other titles in this series of books, I was a little disappointed with this particular one. The costumes for the dancers were lovely, but there wasn't much in the way of background stickers so once the dolls were dressed, that was it - leaving no chance for individual creativity.

Cakes for Romantic Occasions
Cakes for Romantic Occasions
by May Clee-Cadman

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautful cakes, 29 Jun. 2011
Fabulous book. Beautiful cakes - each large cake accompanied by matching mini cakes, cupcakes or cookies, with recipes for all. The cake recipes are in chart form so you know the correct quantities for any size cake from 5" to 12" - essential when baking tiered cakes. The step by step instructions are clear and easy to follow so even inexperienced cake makers should be able to reproduce most of the designs. The cakes are so pretty I couldn't wait to get started.

Philips HR2737/70 Citrus Press, 25 Watt, 0.4 Litre
Philips HR2737/70 Citrus Press, 25 Watt, 0.4 Litre

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value efficient juicer., 15 Mar. 2011
I love to cook and bake and use lots of citrus fruit. I wanted a simple machine to get the most juice from my fruit and this does exactly that. Very easy to use - just press the fruit down, the machine turns and it catches the juice in an ample sized jug. It also has a reversible action and so gets every drop of juice from the fruit. Very easy to clean - it is dishwasher safe but really, a rinse under the tap is enough. It doesn't take up too much space so can be left out on the worktop. All in all, a really handy gadget at a great price.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3