Profile for Mr. R. Moore > Reviews

Content by Mr. R. Moore

Mr. R. Moore "XBL B0bby M00RE, PSN Bobby_Moore" (UK)

Page: 1 | 2
S6 Screen Protector, JETech Premium Tempered Glass Screen Protector Film for Samsung Galaxy S6
Offered by JEDirect UK

2.0 out of 5 stars Cheap price for poor product., 16 Jan. 2016
The screen protector is extremely thick and doesn't contour to the S6 shape and has a gap all the way around. There are no alcohol wipes or bubble removal tool or even a spare protector.

Silverline 633869 Digging Bar, 1700 mm
Silverline 633869 Digging Bar, 1700 mm

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, 24 Oct. 2015
A big bar with plenty of heft, it makes short work of loosening soil and little stops it.
When you do hit a huge rock, I can't think of anything better for digging and levering it out!

GoDoggie-GLOW - Improved Dog Visibility & Safety - USB Rechargeable LED Dog Safety Collar - 7 Colours & 5 Sizes - Ultra-Bright LED's - Connects to Devices - No Batteries - Great Fun - Your Dog will be more Visible & Safe - Blue Medium
Offered by HF Online

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, 24 Oct. 2015
My dog climbed on top of his crate, pulled this off of the shelf and destroyed it, no fault of the collar so I bought another.
And another in a different colour!

Unlike most clip collars, these are fairly chunky and I trust this with my dobermann puppy who is 37kg at the moment. Since it's rechargeable, I use it far more often than I would do with ine that requires batteries, and you can have it on constant instead of the annoying but battery saving flash modes.

The only niggle is that the charge cover to one has disappeared, so may suffer dirt or water ingress in the future.

Boomer Ball Size: 10
Boomer Ball Size: 10
Offered by Suffolk Group

3.0 out of 5 stars Meh, 24 Oct. 2015
This review is from: Boomer Ball Size: 10 (Misc.)
Nothing against the product, but my dogs just weren't interested in this, so a waste of money for me :(

Kong Stuff-a-Ball, XL
Kong Stuff-a-Ball, XL

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, 24 Oct. 2015
This review is from: Kong Stuff-a-Ball, XL (Misc.)
You have to get big enough treats for this one, or I used to feed my puppy's entire meal with this and keep him occupied.
It's a better shape for keeping treats in longer than the regular kongs, but I wouldn't fancy trying to clean peanut butter or paste out of these.
I have a dobermann and a border collie x labrador. I've not had the issue of them destroying them, but my two lose interest in kong toys as soon as the food is gone.

Chuckit The Whistler Dog Toy, 6 cm, Medium, 2-Piece
Chuckit The Whistler Dog Toy, 6 cm, Medium, 2-Piece
Offered by Pet Supply Company USA

5.0 out of 5 stars Durable and easy to throw and follow., 24 Oct. 2015
The whistle is pretty distinctive and gets your dog's attention. Having destroyed a few cheap tennis balls, this stands up to the errant chomp on his way back to me. I doubt it would last if he was allowed to lay down and have a proper go, but that is not what this is for.
It's nice and light, which makes a big difference if you're chucking a ball twice a day, everyday. With the holes, it seems to have less wind resistance as it flies further than a tennis ball despite the lack of weight and is shaped to grip and release efficiently from the chucker. The colours stand out in the play park, and the fact that it doesn't absorb water means it stays light and can be wiped clean and pocketed for the trip home.

The only disadvantage is when the dogs start to play with other dogs and play ball swaps. You really want these ones back!

Draper 10903 Forged Round Mouth Shovel with Ash Shaft
Draper 10903 Forged Round Mouth Shovel with Ash Shaft

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor build, 24 Oct. 2015
I wish I'd read the other reviews. Anyway, cheap but badly built. I wish I'd spent twice as much on something well built with a longer handle.

I'll wait until the wobbly head snaps off in the middle of a job, then I'll bin it and get something else. Or give up gardening and spend the money on labour instead of junk tools.

KONG Snacks, Liver, Large, 11 oz. (300g)
KONG Snacks, Liver, Large, 11 oz. (300g)

1.0 out of 5 stars Geographical Failure., 30 Sept. 2015
They won't deliver to my address, even though I'm on the mainland and near several cities.

The products themselves are awesome, but it's entirely the ease of popping them in your Kong toy you're paying for rather then quality or quantity of treat.

The Complete Guide to Stretching (Complete Guides)
The Complete Guide to Stretching (Complete Guides)
by Christopher M. Norris

2.0 out of 5 stars Not applicable as a reference book, 16 Oct. 2013
As an exercise professional, we get sent adverts and referrals for the books within the Complete Guide series and I have purchased several of them.
Hoping to gain a more indepth knowledge of stretching and practical application tips and for the book to serve as a reference post qualification, I purchased this book.

However, this title is very disappointing, especially when compared to the rest in this series. As other reviewers have noted, the first half of the book has little to do with stretching, and it's almost as if they were padding the book out.

Unfortunately there are many issues such as;

somatotypes - which were disproven in the '50s
diagrams with muscles labeled as bones and visa versa
stretches without names, or listing what muscles they are designed to stretch
flexibility tests without names, why they are performed or what they affect
PNF stretching, an advanced and more complicated technique has only one tiny paragraph near the front of the book

I honestly can't trust this book as a reference to learn from, as some of the topics I already I have qualifications in covered in the book with complete nonsense and outdated myths. Those which I am unfamiliar with have precious little information on them and as such are completely useless for exercise prescription.

I've given it two stars as I have been able to use some of the stretch illustrations to remind me of exercises forgotten and found some I can use for suggestions for alternatives for regression.

Warrior Cardio: The Revolutionary Metabolic Training System for Burning Fat, Building Muscle, and Getting Fit

2.0 out of 5 stars Sucks on Kindle, 27 Nov. 2012
It seems like a great book, but it's almost unusable on the Kindle due to formatting. I'm seriously considering buying a hard copy as well.

Page: 1 | 2