Profile for Cake Pop Princess > Reviews

Content by Cake Pop Princess

Cake Pop Princess (Kent, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Eveready 20 x 40 WATT SMALL EDISON SCREW E14 CAP OPAL (WHITE/PEARL/SOFT/OPAQUE) CANDLE BULBS DOUBLE LIFE: 2,000 HOURS
Offered by Suds-Online

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic value, work brilliantly, 20 Jun. 2016
I was growing very tired of purchasing expensive bulbs for my multiple 3 and 5 bulb chandeliers only for the bulbs to go within a week or so. Ordered 20 of these back in March and have put 18 of them into my chandeliers - none arrived broken, and all are still working. They may use more electricity, but surely the energy required in making the expensive energy efficient bulbs that need to be replaced considerably more frequently offsets the cost?! I'll be sticking with these in the future.

Love A La Carte
Love A La Carte
Dvd

1.0 out of 5 stars Wooden acting by most of the cast and not in the slightest bit funny. I couldn't finish it, 20 May 2016
This review is from: Love A La Carte (Amazon Video)
Awful. Wooden acting by most of the cast and not in the slightest bit funny. I couldn't finish it.
I think it was made by men, for men. The wife never wear a bra despite having sizeable breasts with constantly erect nipples. There are lots of gratuitous boob shots that add little to the plot line. It just felt a little sleazy and cheap. That, coupled with the yawnsome storyline, left me wanting

Basil
Basil
Dvd

1.0 out of 5 stars Just... no., 19 May 2016
This review is from: Basil (Amazon Video)
Unless you're a huge fan of Leto and/or Slater, don't bother with it. It's quite dull, the effects are hilariously bad, and the characters and storyline rather abysmal.

Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9505 White Frost
Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9505 White Frost
Offered by Digital Techno LTD

5.0 out of 5 stars Ruddy brilliant phone., 23 April 2016
I had my previous S4 for 2.5 years and it was (is) still going strong. I only decided to replace as my daughter smashed my screen yesterday and it would have been £85 to fix when a brand new replacement was available for £189. I knew I wanted the same phone again so decided to purchase before stocks ran out.

It's a great phone. Photo quality is excellent and it has all the features you'd need. The battery is removeable and I have a separate battery charger and spare battery so I always have full charge when needed. The Tech21 Impact case I had is fantastic, and as the S4 is quite an old design now, you can get the accessories for a song (case is currently £5 via Prime instead of £30). I probably dropped my old phone about 3 times a day for 2.5 years and never had so much as a scratch on the screen - the only reason the screen smashed yesterday was because she stepped on it, not from dropping! You can add extra memory via an SD card too.

If you're looking for a fantastic smartphone at a brilliant price then this is the one for you. I ordered on Friday and it was delivered on Saturday (seller was Digital Techno Ltd).

10X 4W E14 LED Filament Bulb COB Epistar 450LM Warm White LED Filament Candle Light(AC220V)
Offered by Questway

2.0 out of 5 stars Slightly orange hued light emitted., 23 Mar. 2016
We have multiple chandeliers in our house and go through a rather large amount of LED candle bulbs. I have replaced all of the previous bulbs today with these and will update the review as the bulbs expire so as to document their actual longevity.

Initial impressions:
Slightly strange looking fluorescent orange filaments are visible when the lights are off.
The light emitted is slightly orange hued (think pale streetlight). Not alarmingly so, but enough for me to notice. Definitely not a true white.
They're quite bright and give a decent amount of light (we have 5 per chandelier).
The bent, tapered tip is a nice feature

UPDATE #1: the light at night is very similar to that of a fluorescent bulb. Hard to explain, but it's not very pleasant for the eyes. Sort of a little flickery.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Crafts Linen Waterproof Mattress Protector Poly Cotton UK King Size (+30 CM) Pocket Depth White Solid Encasement style Breathable Waterproof Membrane SafeRest Premium
Offered by Linen Decore

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely to sleep on - not hot at all, 21 Mar. 2016
I've only had this for a few days so have yet to test its waterproofing, but I can confirm that it's very comfortable, not hot to sleep on, and feels very soft to touch. Even on my extra thick, memory foam topped mattress it's HUGE (in fairness it does say King +30cm in the title), but the fitted sheet I use over the top of it keeps it perfectly in place. I had issues with my old mattress protector - not encasement style like this one- bunching up and pulling the fitted sheet off, so this is a marked improvement. Will update if we ever have any cause to test the permeability.

QUALITY 50g CONCENTRATED WATER SOLUBLE COLOUR COLOURING POWDER - IDEAL FOR FOOD CAKE ICING FACE PAINTING - AVAILABLE IN 4 COLOURS RED, YELLOW, GREEN & ORANGE (BLACK)
Offered by Triple A Online Ltd

1.0 out of 5 stars It's gritty and would not dissolve., 16 Mar. 2016
Bought this to colour fondant or chocolate in lieu of the petal dust I usually use, but it's gritty and the particles just won't melt away - even using a hand blender. Had to put it straight into the bin after a few tries to make it work. Useless for what I needed it for.

Gym Body Building Training Fitness Gloves Sports Weight Lifting Gloves Exercise Cycling For Men And Women Fitness Sports Half Finger Gloves GYM Weight Lifting Wraps Body Building Workout Exercise Training Absorbing Sport Mitts Fitness Sports Half Finger Gloves GYM Weight Lifting Wraps Body Building Workout Exercise Training Absorbing Sport Mitts
Offered by Twin Shark

5.0 out of 5 stars Just the job to prevent callouses, 16 Mar. 2016
Just wanted a little something to protect my hands from the rowing machine, and these certainly did the job. They're a little on the small side (I'd say I have medium hands) but the callouses have gone after a few weeks so no complaints here for the price. Comfortable to wear and easy enough to put on.

25 A4 sheets Decor icing sheets - home printing cake toppers
25 A4 sheets Decor icing sheets - home printing cake toppers
Offered by Print4you (UK) Limited

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent quality - never had an issue with tearing or smudging., 16 Mar. 2016
Excellent quality - never had an issue with tearing or smudging.

I've been using this paper with various Canon edible-ink printers for around 5 years now and have never had a problem with it tearing or smudging and I do go through rather a lot. I use it for printing edible logos (using the rather buggy but workable Edible Artist program which is available for free online), and the offcuts for cutting into shapes to use as brilliant-white eyes, mouths, etc to save on painting and to add definition.

Somethings to note: it will become brittle over time once exposed to air, so keep it covered with clingfilm or in a plastic bag until you need to use it. You may need to bend it slightly before you apply to rounded objects, but a toothpick will help to flatten them to your wet cake pop. Any overhanging edges will shatter - as I learnt from making some bunting embellished pops that arrived without their points - so push the edges down until stuck firmly.

You can use paper punches to cut out perfect circles or other shapes. You need to peel away the backing paper before you can use the punches or a guillotine. Scissors are okay to use before peeling. It can be layered if need be, and isn't opaque like rice paper so can be used on dark surfaces with minimal show through.

The texture is a little on the rough side, but I've never had any complaints from clients.

If you peel the paper away from the thick end rather than the thin end with the clear band at the top, it won't tear.

All in all, would recommend.
Comment Comment | Permalink

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for Zoodles!, 13 Oct. 2015
I wanted something to make courgette noodles (or cucumber for the occasional salad) and this is PERFECT! Other spiralizers on the market are bigger and more of a faff - great for if you want to go all out with your spiralizing, but I know it'd be relegated to the back of my cupboard with the mandolin I never use. This is literally a pencil sharpener for vegetables. One piece, fits inside a drawer, takes up no space. I don't bother with the safety cap, just eat whatever vegetable I've sharpened when it gets too short. Super quick to get out and use. I tried both ends with carrot too, and it was okay - not lovely long spirals but my carrot was a little thin to begin with. I made some pencil-sharpening style carrot roses with the cuttings to jazz up my 5 year old's lunch. Would recommend.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5