Profile for Lyric man > Reviews

Gold Bond Medicated Body Powder Extra Strength113g
Gold Bond Medicated Body Powder Extra Strength113g
Offered by OTCFORYOU

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but a word of caution, 9 April 2013
Good product, has a mild menthol scent but like others have said be careful where you put this stuff otherwise due to the strong menthol it feels like the after effects from the worlds hottest vindaloo!

Agua de Colonia Concentrada Travel Cologne (40 ml)
Agua de Colonia Concentrada Travel Cologne (40 ml)
Offered by Henry Tibbs

3.0 out of 5 stars Pleasant scent but it's completely gone in minutes, 2 Feb. 2013
I thought I'd try something a bit different and decided to give this stuff a try. It has a very refreshing zesty (for some it may be a tad too zesty) citrus scent which is made slightly more unusual (in a good way) due to the herbal notes in it. The problem with this is that the scent completely disappears within minutes.. there is a cologne version which I'm debating whether at some point to try or not!?

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Great stuff!, 1 Feb. 2013
This is a really nice cream to use! At first I was a bit disappointed that the scent wasn't stronger (a very subtle, clean barber shop type scent) but then realised that it's actually a good thing as allows you to use your own aftershave etc. I bought the cologne as an accompaniment which smells equally as good if not better with more of a menthol quality to it. This is also subtle but smells fantastic (just splash enough of it on) and works very well to compliment the liquid aftershave

Vintage Shaving Company Traditional Eau de Toilette 100  ml
Vintage Shaving Company Traditional Eau de Toilette 100 ml

1.0 out of 5 stars Without a doubt the most horrendous aftershave I've ever smelt!, 1 Feb. 2013
I can't quite describe how bad this stuff smells! I don't normally blind buy but on this occasion I was feeling impulsive and thought why not....big mistake! Now whilst there are a lot of scents that I wouldn't choose to wear myself, it's very rare that I will actually really dislike a scent. Well this is no exception! This stuff not only smells seriously awful but within 3 minutes it was giving me the most horrendous headache! One thing I will give this product though is that it has a lot of staying power! But trust me that in this case it's a very bad thing!

4711 Aftershave Lotion Splash - 100 ml
4711 Aftershave Lotion Splash - 100 ml

2.0 out of 5 stars does a very basic job, 30 Jan. 2013
So how does this item compare to other similarly priced products.. well the scent is not offensive (citrus and alcohol) but it does smell very cheap and generic - like something your dad would pick off the supermarket shelf because it was inexpensive. But then I'm sure that's exactly who this product is aimed at. I'd pay a tiny bit more and opt for Proraso, which to me has a more subtle but far more appealing menthol quality to it.

Taylor of Old Bond Street Mr Taylor's Talcum Powder (100 g)
Taylor of Old Bond Street Mr Taylor's Talcum Powder (100 g)
Offered by The Executive Shaving Company

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic fresh scent!, 17 Jan. 2013
I've tried a good few talcs and this one undoubtedly has one of the most appealing fresh scents I've come across so far. I've tried the eton college version
also, which is more musty and to me nowhere near as good. I'll certainly be ordering this again!

Napiers Vintage After Dinner Mint Mixture Digestif 50ml
Napiers Vintage After Dinner Mint Mixture Digestif 50ml

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad, but.., 17 Jan. 2013
The product itself seems to work quite well and it has a nice enough flavour however the bottle has a cork top which broke on opening. I would opt for the plastic bottle version instead.