Profile for M. Kooij > Reviews

Content by M. Kooij

M. Kooij (Rotterdam, Holland)

Infected: Infected Book 1
Infected: Infected Book 1
by Scott Sigler

5.0 out of 5 stars Prepare to lose sleep..and be suspicious of anything itchy.., 28 Oct. 2009
Every once in a while I go to the bookstore and treat myself to a browse through the "Thrillers" section. A couple of months ago I noticed this book with a black cover and a mesmerizing green eye with a triangle iris..hmm..sounds good, a bit science fictionesk as well..let's buy it..

Started to read on a rainy Saturday afternoon. Chapter 1, and I fell for it hook, line and sinker. This book is a combination of "urgh" moments when Perry takes on the Triangles in his own unique way (I'll never look at a tweezer in the same way again), and helpless chuckles once the Triangles start to make their presence known to him (is it wrong to find them extremely funny in their reactions ?) Good twist and turns as well, although the last chapter (the "grand finale") felt a little bit thrown together.

Best book of the year I think. The sequel has already been ordered, and I can't wait to dig in Scott Sigler's weird 'n wonderful world again !