Profile for Kendall > Reviews

Content by Kendall

Kendall

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
A Fighter's Desire (Gloves Off Book 1)
A Fighter's Desire (Gloves Off Book 1)
Price: 1.78

4.0 out of 5 stars Review: A Fighter's Desire [Gloves Off 01] by L.P. Dover!, 27 July 2014
I was really excited when I found out about this book! Some of the characters appear in this author's other contemporary series and I was really excited that they were getting their own book! Well, sort of lol! This book was split into two parts and the first half was about hot twins that briefly appear in the Second Chances series! Their story was about their relationship with a girl that they both had feelings for! I have to be honest and say that I was expecting these characters story to go in a completely different direction to what it did, but I enjoyed how brief it was, and even though it didn't end the way I wanted it too, I could see that it was best for the characters! The second half of this book was about a different couple who appear in the first half, but only as secondary characters! I loved these characters story! It developed really well and although it had a pretty sad ending, it leaves the next book open for a lot to happen! I've never read a book that's been written like this one, but I did really enjoy it and I'd definitely read a book like this again! The characters were amazing! Ashleigh was the main female character of the first half of this book and she was such a normal, every day person! I really liked her! I did feel sorry for her though because she was so confused about her feelings and everything! She handled it all really well though and I loved that she chose carefully who she really wanted to have a relationship with! Ryley and Camden were the main male characters of the first half of this book and they were so freaking hot! And there were two of them lol! Camden and Ryley were twins and were so similar to each other, but so different! Camden sort of had a stick up his ass, but I could understand why, and Ryley was a complete sweetheart! Both guys liked the same sort of things though and had the same taste in women! Gabriella was the main female character of the second half of this book, and like Ashleigh, she was such a normal, everyday person! Gabriella was Ashleigh's close friend and I have to say that Gabriella had a bit of a devilish side to her! She did something to prove this to me in this book! I have to say that I loved her realisation in this book as well! She knew what she wanted, so all she had to do was get it! Tyler was the main male character of the second half of this book and he was such a hottie! I could see his protective side come out in this book and that told me a lot about him! Tyler's character really intrigued me as he wasn't in this book a lot, but he always made an impression when he was! I can't wait to find out more about him in the next book in this series, especially since it's going to focus on him! I loved that the first half of this book was written from Ashleigh, Ryley and Camden's point of views and that the second half was written from Gabriella and Tyler's point of views! It really helped me connect with all the characters more! I can't wait to read the next book in this series! I know that it's going to be Tyler's story and I'm excited so read it and find out where his story is going to go! The cover for this book is so hot! It suits it perfectly too! Big thank you to L.P. Dover for a copy of A Fighter's Desire!

Intercepting Love (A Second Chances Standalone Book 5)
Intercepting Love (A Second Chances Standalone Book 5)
Price: 1.79

5.0 out of 5 stars Review: Intercepting Love [Second Chances 05] by L.P. Dover!, 25 May 2014
I just adore this series and I always look forward to the next book! I was really excited about this book when I heard whose book it was going to be because both main characters really intrigued me when they made appearances in the previous books! The plot of this book was amazing! There were a few times where the plot did slow down, but then it would start to build again! There was also a bit of suspense in this book, but I felt it was over too quickly lol! I would have loved it if more had happened to make the suspense build more! I really enjoyed it though and there were plenty of hot scenes too, which I loved! I also couldn't put this book down until I had finished it! I was really drawn into the plot and the characters! The characters were amazing! Kate was the main female character and she was such a loveable person! There was something about her that just made me love her and connect with her! I have to admit though that I didn't make the connection that Kate was actually in one of the previous books in this series until it was mentioned in this book lol! I recognised the scene as soon as it was mentioned though! My heart also broke for Kate in this book as well! Something devastating happened that changed the way she was and I cried so much when everything was revealed! It really showed how strong Kate was though and it showed what she had been through! Cooper was the main male character and also the main love interest of Kate! Cooper was introduced in the third book in this series, but he was only in it for a short time! I loved Cooper! He was so hot and I loved how protective he was of Kate! I could see how strong his feelings for her where! Cooper had a few secrets of his own in this book and I didn't know what was going to happen when they revealed! I was really happy with the outcome of it all though and I liked that Cooper's secret stirred things up a bit! I loved that this book was written from both Kate and Cooper's point of views! It helped me connect with both characters more and I loved getting to see their feelings for each other develop through both of their eyes! There was a love triangle in this book, but the synopsis tells you there's going to be! The love triangle was between Kate, Cooper and Luke! I was Team Cooper from page one, but I did like Luke! What I loved about the love triangle was that it wasn't the main focus of the story! There was so much more going on and I liked that the love triangle didn't overshadow that! It did add a lot to the plot though! I'm really excited to read the next book in this series! It's going to be about a character whose story I can't wait to read, so I'm excited! The cover for this book is absolutely stunning! It suits the other covers perfectly and I fell in love with it as soon as I saw it! Big thank you to L.P. Dover for a copy of Intercepting Love!

Break Free
Break Free
Price: 1.81

5.0 out of 5 stars Review: Break Free by Amber Garza!, 16 April 2014
This review is from: Break Free (Kindle Edition)
4.5 stars!

I was pretty excited to read this book when I first heard about it! First off, the cover is so amazing, and then second, the synopsis sounded right up my street! I've also read a few other books from this author and really enjoyed them, so I was looking forward to reading this one and finding out the story behind the cover! This book was about a girl trying to overcome her past! She learns in this book how to do that and how to appreciate life and that how you look doesn't define you! It was just amazing! The plot of this book was so beautiful! There was a lot in it too and I actually found it hard to put down! I also couldn't just read one more chapter! I had to read like six more before I could put it down lol! There were also a few twist and turns in the plot that I didn't see coming! My mouth was actually hanging open at one lol! I was in shock lol! I adored the plot though! It was a beautiful love story with a bit of action at the end and a big reveal that changed the story slightly! It had everything I love in the plot of a book! The characters were amazing! Jade was the main character and she though she was ugly and damaged because she had a scar on her face, she was in an abusive relationship and she took drugs! My heart went out to Jade because she was such a strong person who had been through a lot and she belittled herself because of her situation! As this book progressed, I found out that Jade had been through so much more than I thought she had though, and again, my heart just went out to her! She was just an amazing character that learned a lot about herself in this book though! And that was all down to her love interest! Her love interest showed her that that she was beautiful and she didn't have to hide! Kyler was the love interest of Jade and he showed her that her scar didn't define her, but her actions did! He showed her that it's okay to be different and okay to live, even after what Jade had been through! I just adored Kyler! I loved how he treated Jade too! He was so gentle with her and he let their relationship develop at her pace! Kyler sort of had his own problems and fears, but he put them to one side and he focused on Jade and he made sure she was happy and safe, which was amazing to see! It showed how strong his feelings for her where! I thought that this book was a standalone when I first heard about it, but it actually says that there's going to be another book called Break Through at the end of this book! I can't wait to read it! I'm assuming that it's maybe going to continue Jade and Kyler's story, but I'm not 100% sure as their story was pretty summed up! As I said, the cover for this book is amazing! I fell in love with it as soon as I saw it! The models on the front really suit the characters of Jade and Kyler too! Big thank you to Amber for a copy of Break Free!

Do Anything (The Wandering Hearts Series Book 1)
Do Anything (The Wandering Hearts Series Book 1)
Price: 0.77

5.0 out of 5 stars Review: Do Anything [Wandering Hearts 01] by Wendy Owens!, 9 April 2014
4.5 stars!

I remember seeing the Cover Reveal on Facebook for this book and thinking the cover was stunning! I was really intrigued to read the story behind it, so when I got an email about ARCs, I quickly signed up for one! I'm so glad I did because this book was amazing! I really enjoyed it and it was so beautiful! The plot of Do Anything had a lot in it and it had some twist and turns in it too! I can say that I didn't see one major twist coming and I kinda thought that it was going to have a major impact on the plot, and it did, but it didn't have as big an impact as I thought! I'm still not sure whether this is a good or a bad thing lol! I just adored the plot though! It was really cute and I loved the whole idea of it! There were some chapters though that had me like either smiling like an idiot or left me with a gobsmacked face on because I couldn't believe what the main character had done or was going to do! It kinda made me love her and the plot more lol! The characters were amazing! Annabelle was the main character and she went through a lot in this book! She was really emotional at the start after what she catches her fiancé doing and then she quickly discovers something that's going to change her life forever! I definitely think that Annabelle took it in her stride though and she kept going, and she struggled, but everything worked out in the end for her, which is what I wanted so bad to happen! I loved Annabelle and I loved that she took risks, even when she didn't know the consequences! I just wished that she had more confidence with her love interest, but I do have to say that she did get more confident near the end of this book! Holden was the love interest of Annabelle and he was so freaking cute! I loved the little things he did for Annabelle and I could see that he had really deep feelings for her and he had since he first laid eyes on her! Holden had been through a lot relationship wise as well and I could see how deflated it had left him! Annabelle brought light back into his life though and made him realise that everyone gets a second chance at love! I also loved that Holden encouraged Annabelle all the way through this book to write her own book and to not be scared to jump head first! There were also some secondary characters in this book and they all added so much to the plot! I loved them all! I thought this book was a standalone when I first heard about it, but it says on the cover that it's the start of a series! I'm so excited to read the next book! It also gives you more information about the next book at the back of this book and I'm so excited about who it's going to be about! This character really intrigued me and I can't wait to read her story! As I said, the cover for this book is stunning! It's perfect for the book and the models on the front are exactly the same as what the main characters are described like! Big thank you to Wendy and Red Coat PR for a copy of Do Anything!

Tethered Wings (Hidden Wings Series Book Three)
Tethered Wings (Hidden Wings Series Book Three)
Price: 2.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Review: Tethered Wings [Hidden Wings 03] by Cameo Renae!, 28 Mar 2014
OMG! This book was absolutely amazing! I loved the last book in the series and I was really excited to read this book! Plus, the cover is just like ah-ma-zing! This book exceeded my expectations so much! And lets just say that I had high expectations lol! The plot of this book was about the characters coming to terms with things that had happened in the last book and about them trying to stay safe! I just loved the plot! There was action in it, it showed the value of friendship and it had plenty of romance! The plot also developed on nicely from everything that went down in the last book! I wasn't really sure where the author was going to take it all, but it was amazing! I can't wait to see how it's going to progress in the next book! I also loved the that there were some twist and turns in the plot too! Some I can honestly say I didn't see coming! The characters were also again amazing! Emma was again the main female character and I just loved her in this book! She was in a bit of a difficult position in this book because she had two guys trying to win her heart and she was finding it hard to have to pick between them! I loved how she acted with the guys though! She had more of a relationship with one of the guys and then she had only really met the other guy, but I loved that she didn't really flirt with both guys! I mean, she did a teeny tiny bit, but who could blame her ;) Emma again went through a lot in this book, but I found that she handled it all brilliantly! As I said, there was a love triangle in this book between Emma, Kaden and another character from the last book, Ethon! I loved the love triangle because it added so much to the plot and it was such an anxious wait to see who Emma was going to choose lol! I personally couldn't believe how it all went down with the love triangle though! I do have to admit that I found it to hard to pick between the guys! Kaden in this book, and the last two books, was always super protective of Emma, but then so was Ethon in this book! Both guys were hot, which was a given! Plus, I've known Kaden for two books and had only really met Ethon in this book! I came to the conclusion though that I was Team Kaden by just a smidgen! I sort of had a sneaky suspicion that Ethon was up to something in this book and well, let's just say I was right! I also loved that all the secondary characters from the other books were back in this book! The secondary characters added so much to the plot and they're all just so amazing! I'm so excited to read the next book in this series! This book was amazing and I can't wait to find out what's going to happen next! I also didn't know that there was going to be a fourth book, so I'm excited that there is going to be! As I said, the cover is ah-ma-zing! It's just absolutely stunning! It suits the other covers in the series perfectly and I fell in love with it as soon as I saw it too! Big thank you to Cameo for a copy of Tethered Wings!

Fighting for Love (A Second Chances Standalone Book 4)
Fighting for Love (A Second Chances Standalone Book 4)
Price: 1.82

5.0 out of 5 stars Review: Fighting for Love [Second Chances 04] by L.P. Dover!, 10 Mar 2014
I always look forward to a new book from L.P. Dover because her books are amazing, and this book was no exception! It was absolutely amazing! I was drawn right into it as soon as I started reading! It starts really quickly and it gives you vital information and then it takes until quite a good bit through the book until the full story about what you assume at the beginning starts to come out! I cried at this book twice because the plot was emotional, but so beautiful at the same time! And I'm talking I cried like a baby lol! The plot was so freaking amazing! There were also some twist and turns in the plot too, which I wasn't expecting! I do have to admit that my mouth did drop open at one twist lol! It was so unexpected! I just loved the plot! It had everything that I love in a book in it and I completely devoured it! The characters were equally as amazing as the plot! Shelby was the main female character and she was so cute! She was just so normal and fun! She had also been through a lot as well! My heart completely went out to her! She went through something that affected her so much and you could see how much it still affected her ten years later! She was so strong though and I admired that so much about her! But Shelby had come so far as well! She had a successful job and career and she had an amazing group of friends that supported her through everything! I loved that Shelby didn't take that for granted! Matt was the main male character and the love interest of Shelby! Matt was one of the hottest male characters I've ever read! I want a guy like Matt! Or maybe I just need Matt ;) I completely fell head over heels for Matt for how protective he was of Shelby and I could see that he would do anything for her! Shelby had kept something huge from Matt and when he finds out, he crumbles and my heart completely went out to him! I think any man would crumble if they got told what Matt did! Matt showed just how tough he was though and he came back stronger than ever, which I loved! I loved that this book was written from both Shelby and Matt's point of views! It was definitely essential for what happened in the plot and I loved getting to see their love for each other through both of their eyes! There were also quite a few secondary characters in this book and they added so much to the plot! Some more that others, but I'm excited to hear that some of the secondary characters from this book are being featured in their own series! I'm also so excited to read the next book in this series! I know that it's going to be about Cooper, who was a character in the third book in this series, and I can't wait to read his story! The cover for this book is stunning! There are just no words to describe it! It's just absolutely stunning! I also love how well it suits the other covers in this series and how much the models on the front look like Matt and Shelby! Big thank you to L.P. Dover for an ARC of Fighting for Love and also for quoting me in it too!

Mangled Hearts: Francesca and Cade (Scarred Hearts #1)
Mangled Hearts: Francesca and Cade (Scarred Hearts #1)
Price: 0.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Review: Mangled Hearts: Francesca and Cade [Scarred Hearts 01] by Felicia Tatum!, 10 Jan 2014
I had absolutely no idea that Felicia Tatum was writing a contemporary book until I saw the cover reveal sign-ups, so I signed up to help! I really wanted to read the book after I saw the cover and read the synopsis and because I helped reveal the cover I had the opportunity of an ARC! I'm so happy that I said yes to an ARC! Even though it did take me until after the book had released to read it lol! This book is my favourite of Felicia's to date! It really tugged at my heartstrings and I'll admit that I cried as well! The plot of this book was full of emotion! It was so beautiful and it was written brilliantly! I loved how much the plot had progressed from start to finish! I wasn't really expecting it to progress as far as it did, but it was amazing and at several times in the book I just had a massive smile on my face! I also loved that the plot went back in time to when the two main characters first met and started a relationship! It was good to go back and see them then and see them now and to see how they had developed as characters and to see how their love for each other was still there! The characters were amazing! Francesca was the main female character and I just adored her! She worked hard and she got very little results from it, but I loved it when she took matters into her own hands! Francesca really surprised me to be honest! I loved that she was there for Cade and she had been through a lot as well so Cade was there for her as well! Cade was the main male character and what I liked about him was that he had so much love for Francesca and I could really see that he would do anything for her! Cade had an addiction problem and it was his love for Francesca that made him finally come to terms with it and get help for it! Francesca made him a better person and I really admired her for that! The ending to this book was bittersweet! It was so cute and I actually teared up! I'm really looking forward to reading the next book in the Hearts series even if it isn't about Francesca and Cade as I loved this one! The cover is so pretty! I have saw that picture on some other covers, but I like that the Felicia's cover is very different to those other covers! Big thank you to Felicia for an ARC of Mangled Hearts!

Bring Me Home (Shattered Hearts 3)
Bring Me Home (Shattered Hearts 3)
Price: 1.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Review: Bring Me Home [Shattered Hearts 03] by Cassia Leo!, 8 Jan 2014
"Love is not black and white. It's not even gray. Love is every shade under the spectrum, changing with every ray of light given and stolen. Sometimes you forget how much you love someone, until you realise their smile is like a spotlight shined on your heart."

I had been desperate for this book since the ending of the last book as the ending left it open for anything to happen, but in a way I was pretty scared to read this book as well! This was it! You know, the final book and in a way I'm really sad to see the series come to an end! It's been one emotional journey! This book was also the book that Claire finally picked between Adam and Chris and I was really worried about who she was going to pick, but this book was perfection! Right down to the last sentence! The plot of this book was developed from where the last book left off from and it was beautiful! I found myself tearing up at certain points! The plot was developed perfectly and I'll admit that I was a little worried about where it was going to go, but the author did an amazing job at making the plot flow brilliantly and make my worries subside! It was the perfect pace, there were twists and turns and the ending was absolutely beautiful! The characters completely continued to surprise me! They honestly just kept getting better and better! Claire in this book was the strongest I've ever seen her! She had to face her demons head on and she finally did it in this book! After doing this she was free! I felt that Claire was more relaxed in this book and although she was still the main character, the other characters that we've met during this series got to have their voices heard as well as Bring Me Home was written from Claire, Chris and Adam's point of views and then some chapters were also written from other characters that have played important roles in this book! I loved getting to see how all the characters were handling the situations that the main characters faced! Adam wasn't really in this book as much as I would have liked, but when he was in it he was so sweet and cute! He had so much to be angry at, but he wasn't! Chris in this book was completely different to the Chris we met in Relentless! A softer side of him came out in this book and it was so sweet! The love triangle came to a close pretty early on in this book and I can say that I wasn't expecting this! I'll admit that Claire didn't pick who I wanted her to, but I honestly didn't care! After I saw how happy she was and I really thought about it I realised that who she did pick was the right person! Plus, the other guy in the love triangle found love as well, so it was amazing to see characters that I've read three books on and formed a connection with have their happy ending! I'm really sad to see this series come to an end, but what a series is has been! It has left me in tears, it has made me fall in love and it has a beautiful ending! What more could I ask for? Even though I'm sad to see it go it has been an amazing series that I would recommend to everyone! The cover for this book is absolutely stunning! It's original and it suits the book perfectly!

Sweet Surrendering
Sweet Surrendering
Price: 1.84

5.0 out of 5 stars Review: Sweet Surrendering [Surrender Saga 01] by Chelsea M. Cameron!, 4 Jan 2014
I am in love! This book was absolutely amazing! I've read this author's other contemporary book, My Favorite Mistake and I completely fell in love with it, so to say that I was excited about another contemporary book from her was an understatement! This book was hot! So, so hot! I was expecting it to be hot when I saw the cover and read the synopsis, but I was not expecting it to be anywhere near as hot as it was! The plot of this book was quite fun to read! I couldn't get through it fast enough! It was sexy and the sexual tension between the two main character was off the chart! It was just I was sucked right into the plot and I couldn't put this book down until I had finished it! I also loved the twists that were thrown in, which in a sense, sort of changed the story a lot more than I was expecting them too! The twists also weren't what I was expecting them to be, but they really added to the plot! I did find this book a little anticlimactic though! There wasn't really a climax throughout the full book too be honest, which did impact on the plot a bit! The characters were amazing! Rory was the main character and she was so funny! She made me laugh because she tried so hard not to show how she really felt for her love interest and she failed miserably, but she kept trying! I also loved her because although she came from a wealthy background, she worked for what she earned, which is something I admired about her! I though Rory was just an all round amazing character! She was really easy for me to connect with as well! Lucas was the love interest of Rory and he was SO hot! He may be one of the hottest male characters I've ever read! I loved how persistent Lucas was with Rory and I could see that he had genuine feelings for her! I would have loved to have read some of this book from his point of view as he was the one with all the secrets and it would have been interesting to have gotten inside his head and seeing his reaction to certain situations and seeing his feelings for Rory grow! The book was still amazing from only Rory's point of view though! I thought that this book was a standalone when I first heard about it, but now it's a saga! I'm actually seriously happy about this because I want more! I'm not sure if the next book is going to be about Rory and Lucas, but I really hope it is! There is potential for the next book to be about other characters though! I'll definitely be reading it regardless of who the main characters are! The cover for this book is hot! I'm not going to lie! I mean who doesn't want to read a book with a guy with that body on it? Yep, I totally would! Big thank you to Chelsea for an ARC of Sweet Surrendering!

Meant for Me (A Second Chances Standalone Book 3)
Meant for Me (A Second Chances Standalone Book 3)
Price: 1.79

5.0 out of 5 stars Review: Meant for You [Second Chances 03] by L.P. Dover!, 29 Dec 2013
"The only thing about loving hard is falling hard when you lose it."

I always look forward to anything by L.P. Dover, but this was the book I had been waiting for! It was absolutely amazing! I was hooked from the first page and I couldn't put it down until I had finished it! Kind of like I am with all her other books too be honest lol! I was really excited when I received my ARC of this book because I had been anticipating its release and also the cover is majorly hot! The plot of Meant for Me was dangerous, intense and romantic all at the same time! It was about love, but it was also about the dangers of it and how people can use the love you have for someone against you! The plot went at the perfect pace to keep me hooked and desperate to read on to find out what was going to happen next! I loved its development and I loved the twist and turns as well! The twist and turns kept the plot interesting as I didn't know where it was going to go next! The sex scenes in this book were beyond hot! I knew there were going to be, but I didn't think they were going to be that hot! I swooned a good five or six times lol! The characters were amazing! Claire was the main female character and she was so sweet and genuine! I loved how far she was willing to go to make sure that her love interest was safe, even if it meant putting herself in the firing line! I thought that was very brave! She was also just a normal person that had been pulled into a situation that was a lot bigger than she thought! I connected really well with Claire because she was so normal and so nice! She had a bit of a naughty side to her as well, which came out when she was with her love interest! Mason was the main male character and he was oh, so hot! I loved how protective he was of Claire and I could tell that he really, really loved her! Mason was quite a complex character and this made me love him even more! I loved his protective and loving nature as they made him who he was and he was just deliciously hot! I loved that this book was written from both Claire and Mason's point of views, as it made the story more interesting and also getting to read the danger from both of their point of views made it more intense! I loved that characters from other books in this series were back in this book! Melissa and Brett from Trusting You, the second book in this series, made appearances in this book, which made me super happy because they I adored their book and I wasn't expecting them to appear in this book! I'm not sure if there's going to be another book in this series or another book/novella for Claire and Mason, but I think the ending was sufficient as it summed up the story and also Claire and Mason's relationship! The cover of this book is absolutely stunning! It's so hot and I fell in love with it as soon as I saw it! It definitely suits the book as well! Big thank you to L.P. Dover for an ARC of Meant for Me!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6