Profile for Kendall > Reviews

Content by Kendall

Kendall

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
Forever Kinda Love (Lovelly Book 1)
Forever Kinda Love (Lovelly Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars Review: Forever Kinda Love [Lovelly 01] by Clara Stone!, 11 Dec 2014
I had been wanting to read this book for a while now, but I just hadn't had the motivation to pick it up and start reading! I then got an email about a Review Tour for the book, and knew that it was the perfect way to get me motivated to read it! I'd also already bought a copy, so I had it on my Kindle and I made it my next read! I wanted to love this book, but I felt that I liked it more than loved it! The plot was amazing, but it developed really slowly and nothing big happened in it until like 60% through it! For the first part it sort of stayed on the same wavelength and didn't waver that much as well! The plot was about two characters who are best friends realising that their feelings run a lot deeper than friendship though, so I could understand why the plot didn't waver that much, but then I wanted something sort of big to happen to shake things up! It wasn't until just over the 60% mark that something actually started happening that shook the plot a bit! I didn't really see what happened coming, as the plot only hints at it, but doesn't actually say what happens, so it was a bit of a shock! It added a lot to the plot too! The characters were amazing! Carrigan 'Ace' was the main female character and she had been through so much in her life! She'd lost her mother, her father was sort of in his own little world, and she was left to raise herself! My heart went out to Ace even more with what she went through in the last half of this book too! It was so sad and took her on an emotional journey! I loved Ace more as this book developed and she was easy for me to connect with! Heath was the main male character, and he was seriously hot! I could also see that he had always had romantic feelings for Ace, but he'd never sort of thought about them until someone makes him realise that his feelings for her go a lot deeper than friendship! After that, Heath was determined to prove his love for Ace! Heath was seriously cute with Ace too! They had some insane amount of love for each other and some of the things Heath said were so beautiful and a few scenes did make me cry lol! I loved that this book was written from both Ace and Heath's point of views! I wasn't sure if it was going to be after I read the synopsis, but I'm really happy it was! It definitely helped me connect more with both characters! Although I didn't love this book, I'll definitely be reading the next book in the series! I know that it's not going to be about Ace and Heath and that it's going to be about another character in this book, Harrington, but that's made me even more excited for it! I can't wait to read his story and I hope Heath and Ace make appearances in it! The cover is what made me want to read this book to start with! It's absolutely stunning and I just fell completely in love with it as soon as I saw it! Big thank you to Clara for a copy of Forever Kinda Love (As I said, I bought a copy, but the author kindly provided one too) and to Kitty Kats Crazy About Books for having me on the Review Tour!

Ryley's Revenge (A Gloves Off Novel Book 2)
Ryley's Revenge (A Gloves Off Novel Book 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars Review: Ryley's Revenge [Gloves Off 02] by L.P. Dover!, 2 Dec 2014
I was really excited about reading this book! Both the main characters in this book had their own novella, which started off their story and set up the events of this book! This book obviously takes place after that novella and continues the characters story! I would also recommend that you read the novella before this book to give you a better idea of how the characters story started! I loved this book! It continued on the characters story perfectly, and I had a hard time putting it down once I started reading! I was really drawn into the story! The plot was amazing! It had plenty of action and romance in it, and it had a bit of suspense too! There were also plenty, and I mean plenty, of sexy scenes too! And they were seriously hot! I loved them all! The plot also had a lot in it, a solid plotline, and I read it in a few sittings too because I couldn't put it down! I thoroughly enjoyed it, and there were quite a few things that happened in it that I wasn't expecting! The characters were amazing! Ryley was the main male character, and he was so hot! I loved him in the novella, and I loved him even more in this book! Ryley was such a kick-ass character and I loved that he made his love interest prove to him that she wanted to be with him! That was definitely the right thing to do because of how they left things! Ryley also had a lot on his plate in this book and I felt really sorry for him! He handled it all very well though! Ryley was also very protective of his love interest, which I could understand! This made him hotter in my opinion lol! I just loved him, and I loved the way he was with his love interest! Ashleigh was the main female character, and I sort of had mixed feelings about Ashleigh in the novella, and then I had mixed feelings again about her for maybe the first 30% of this book! I don't understand why, but I did! As the plot progressed though, I started to love Ashleigh more and more! She really proved herself to me in this book, and she also went through a lot too! I loved Ashleigh's honesty and she really came out of her shell more as the book progressed, which I loved! The more she came out her shell, the more I could connect with her! I loved that this book was written from both Ryley and Ashleigh's point of views! It really helped me connect more with the two characters, and it also kinda had to be written from both of their point of views because they're separated at the beginning of the book! I also loved that characters from the other books appeared in this book! They always add a lot to the plot! I can't wait to read the next book in this series! I know that it's not going to be about Ryley and Ashleigh and that it's going to be about secondary characters in this book, Paxton and Gabriella, but this has made me more excited for it! I can't wait to read their story! The cover for this book is seriously hot! I love it, and I love how well it suits the other covers in the series too! Big thank you to L.P. Dover for a copy of Ryley's Revenge!

Wasted (Whiskey Nights Book 1)
Wasted (Whiskey Nights Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Review: Wasted [Whiskey Nights 01] by Suzannah Daniels!, 16 Oct 2014
I was really excited when I first heard about this book! I've read this author's Dangerous trilogy and loved that, so I was really excited about this book! I was even more excited once I saw the cover lol! This book was amazing! I really enjoyed it! I read it in a few sittings in a day too! I had a hard time putting it down once I got a few chapters in! The plot was written brilliantly! It developed at the perfect pace and I was always wanting to find out what was going to happen next! There were also a few secrets in the plot that made for a few twist and turns! There was a particular secret that I didn't see coming! There wasn't much action in the plot though, which is why I felt I had to take it down half a star! I was also expecting maybe a big climax in the plot, and there kinda was, but it wasn't as big as I was expecting! I overall really enjoyed the plot though and I liked its development! The characters were amazing! Mason was the main male character, and he was a character that I felt like he had the world on his shoulders when he was first introduced! I mean, he played it off and he was jokey and sarcastic a lot, but you could tell he was hiding something! When I found out Mason's story, my heart completely went out to the guy! He was such a nice guy that had been dealt a bad hand in life! He also had a bit of a drinking problem, but then I found out more of his story and I could sort of understand why he drank so much! This again made me feel so sorry for him! Mason was so hot though and he had quite a dirty mind lol! I loved him and his dirty mind though lol! Lexi was the main female character and I loved her! She was just such a normal, everyday person, which made it easy for me to connect with her! Lexi was hiding a bit of a secret in this book too, but her secret was very different to Mason's! She then hid an even bigger secret, which changed the direction the plot went in a bit! I wasn't expecting Lexi's secret near the end of this book! I was kinda surprised actually! It also changed the plot quite a bit and made it go in a direction I wasn't expecting! Lexi's personality and such didn't change at any point in this book though, which I liked as I loved her personality! I loved that this book was written from both Mason and Lexi's point of views! I wasn't sure if it was going to be after I read the synopsis, but I'm really glad it was! It really helped me connect more with both characters and it made the plot more interesting being from both of their point of views! I can't wait to read the next book in this series! I know that it's not going to be about Mason and Lexi, and that it's going to be Hawk's story, but I still can't wait to read it! I hope Lexi and Mason make appearances in it! The cover for this book is seriously hot! I loved it as soon as I saw it! The guy on the front also suits the character of Mason perfectly too! Big thank you to Suzannah for a copy of Wasted!

Tyler's Undoing (A Gloves Off Novel Book 1)
Tyler's Undoing (A Gloves Off Novel Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Review: Tyler's Undoing [Gloves Off 03] by L.P. Dover!, 5 Oct 2014
I'm always excited about a new book from this author, but I was really excited about this book in particular! I mean, the cover is enough to make anyone buy it, but the main reason I couldn't wait to read it was because the main male character actually appeared in his own novella, which started off his story, and this book was about him after the events of his novella and about him finding love again! I freaking loved this book! It was absolutely amazing! I was hooked from page one and I read this book in a few sittings because I couldn't put it down! It was also the perfect continuation to the main male character's story! The plot was amazing! It developed at the perfect pace and had some seriously, and I mean seriously, hot scenes in it! I loved everything about it! The plot also had a secret in it that the main female character kept, that once revealed, changed the dynamics of the two main characters relationship! The author sort of tricks you though lol! Overall, I really enjoyed the plot and I loved what happened in it and the direction it went in! The characters were just as amazing as the plot! Tyler was the main male character and he was even hotter in this book than what he was in his novella! I loved everything about Tyler in this book! There was a small-ish scene at the start of this book that had me worried about which way Tyler was going to stray, but thankfully he strayed the way I hoped he would! Tyler was a kick-ass character! He was determined and persistent with his love interest and he was a hard-working guy! I loved how protective Tyler was of his love interest too! I could see that he had some seriously strong feelings for her, and that he would do anything to keep her safe! Kacey was the main female character and my heart just went out to her in this book! She was quite a lonely character and she was working hard to achieve her dream! I loved Kacey's character and personality though! I also had a lot of respect for Kacey in this book, even though she kept a big secret from Tyler! I could understand why she was reluctant to tell Tyler though, because she didn't know how he was going to react! Kacey was an amazing character though, and I absolutely adored her relationship with Tyler! I was really happy that this book was written from both Tyler and Kacey's point of views! It made the plot even more enjoyable and it really helped me connect more with both characters! I can't wait to read the next book in this series! I know that it's not going to be about Tyler and Kacey and that it's going to be about Ryley, whose story also started in a novella, but I can't wait to read it! I hope Tyler and Kacey make appearances in it! The cover for this book is seriously hot! I mean, who wouldn't read a book with a body like that on it, right? ;) I love how well it suits the covers for the novellas in the series too! Big thank you to L.P. Dover for a copy of Tyler's Undoing!

A Fighter's Desire - Part One (A Gloves Off Novel)
A Fighter's Desire - Part One (A Gloves Off Novel)

4.0 out of 5 stars Review: A Fighter's Desire - Part One by L.P. Dover!, 28 Sep 2014
*This is my original review for these novellas being in one book, so it contains information about the other prequel novella. Please remember that if reading it.*

I was really excited when I found out about these novellas! Some of the characters appear in this author's other contemporary series and I was really excited that they were getting their own novella and follow on books! Well, sort of lol! This book was split into two parts and the first half was about hot twins that briefly appear in the Second Chances series! Their story was about their relationship with a girl that they both had feelings for! I have to be honest and say that I was expecting these characters story to go in a completely different direction to what it did, but I enjoyed how brief it was, and even though it didn't end the way I wanted it too, I could see that it was best for the characters! The second half of this book was about a different couple who appear in the first half, but only as secondary characters! I loved these characters story! It developed really well and although it had a pretty sad ending, it leaves the next book open for a lot to happen! I've never read a book that's been written like this one, but I did really enjoy it and I'd definitely read a book like this again! The characters were amazing! Ashleigh was the main female character of the first half of this book and she was such a normal, every day person! I really liked her! I did feel sorry for her though because she was so confused about her feelings and everything! She handled it all really well though and I loved that she chose carefully who she really wanted to have a relationship with! Ryley and Camden were the main male characters of the first half of this book and they were so freaking hot! And there were two of them lol! Camden and Ryley were twins and were so similar to each other, but so different! Camden sort of had a stick up his ass, but I could understand why, and Ryley was a complete sweetheart! Both guys liked the same sort of things though and had the same taste in women! Gabriella was the main female character of the second half of this book, and like Ashleigh, she was such a normal, everyday person! Gabriella was Ashleigh's close friend and I have to say that Gabriella had a bit of a devilish side to her! She did something to prove this to me in this book! I have to say that I loved her realisation in this book as well! She knew what she wanted, so all she had to do was get it! Tyler was the main male character of the second half of this book and he was such a hottie! I could see his protective side come out in this book and that told me a lot about him! Tyler's character really intrigued me as he wasn't in this book a lot, but he always made an impression when he was! I can't wait to find out more about him in the next book in this series, especially since it's going to focus on him! I loved that the first half of this book was written from Ashleigh, Ryley and Camden's point of views and that the second half was written from Gabriella and Tyler's point of views! It really helped me connect with all the characters more! I can't wait to read the next book in this series! I know that it's going to be Tyler's story and I'm excited so read it and find out where his story is going to go! The cover for this book is so hot! It suits it perfectly too! Big thank you to L.P. Dover for an ARC of A Fighter's Desire: Part One and to InkSlinger PR for having me on the Blog Tour!

A Fighter's Desire - Part Two (A Gloves Off Novel)
A Fighter's Desire - Part Two (A Gloves Off Novel)

4.0 out of 5 stars Review: A Fighter's Desire - Part Two by L.P. Dover!, 28 Sep 2014

I was really excited when I found out about these novellas! Some of the characters appear in this author's other contemporary series and I was really excited that they were getting their own novella and follow on books! Well, sort of lol! This book was split into two parts and the first half was about hot twins that briefly appear in the Second Chances series! Their story was about their relationship with a girl that they both had feelings for! I have to be honest and say that I was expecting these characters story to go in a completely different direction to what it did, but I enjoyed how brief it was, and even though it didn't end the way I wanted it too, I could see that it was best for the characters! The second half of this book was about a different couple who appear in the first half, but only as secondary characters! I loved these characters story! It developed really well and although it had a pretty sad ending, it leaves the next book open for a lot to happen! I've never read a book that's been written like this one, but I did really enjoy it and I'd definitely read a book like this again! The characters were amazing! Ashleigh was the main female character of the first half of this book and she was such a normal, every day person! I really liked her! I did feel sorry for her though because she was so confused about her feelings and everything! She handled it all really well though and I loved that she chose carefully who she really wanted to have a relationship with! Ryley and Camden were the main male characters of the first half of this book and they were so freaking hot! And there were two of them lol! Camden and Ryley were twins and were so similar to each other, but so different! Camden sort of had a stick up his ass, but I could understand why, and Ryley was a complete sweetheart! Both guys liked the same sort of things though and had the same taste in women! Gabriella was the main female character of the second half of this book, and like Ashleigh, she was such a normal, everyday person! Gabriella was Ashleigh's close friend and I have to say that Gabriella had a bit of a devilish side to her! She did something to prove this to me in this book! I have to say that I loved her realisation in this book as well! She knew what she wanted, so all she had to do was get it! Tyler was the main male character of the second half of this book and he was such a hottie! I could see his protective side come out in this book and that told me a lot about him! Tyler's character really intrigued me as he wasn't in this book a lot, but he always made an impression when he was! I can't wait to find out more about him in the next book in this series, especially since it's going to focus on him! I loved that the first half of this book was written from Ashleigh, Ryley and Camden's point of views and that the second half was written from Gabriella and Tyler's point of views! It really helped me connect with all the characters more! I can't wait to read the next book in this series! I know that it's going to be Tyler's story and I'm excited so read it and find out where his story is going to go! The cover for this book is so hot! It suits it perfectly too! Big thank you to L.P. Dover for an ARC of A Fighter's Desire: Part Two and to InkSlinger PR for having me on the Blog Tour!

A Fighter's Desire (Gloves Off Book 1)
A Fighter's Desire (Gloves Off Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars Review: A Fighter's Desire [Gloves Off 01] by L.P. Dover!, 27 July 2014
I was really excited when I found out about this book! Some of the characters appear in this author's other contemporary series and I was really excited that they were getting their own book! Well, sort of lol! This book was split into two parts and the first half was about hot twins that briefly appear in the Second Chances series! Their story was about their relationship with a girl that they both had feelings for! I have to be honest and say that I was expecting these characters story to go in a completely different direction to what it did, but I enjoyed how brief it was, and even though it didn't end the way I wanted it too, I could see that it was best for the characters! The second half of this book was about a different couple who appear in the first half, but only as secondary characters! I loved these characters story! It developed really well and although it had a pretty sad ending, it leaves the next book open for a lot to happen! I've never read a book that's been written like this one, but I did really enjoy it and I'd definitely read a book like this again! The characters were amazing! Ashleigh was the main female character of the first half of this book and she was such a normal, every day person! I really liked her! I did feel sorry for her though because she was so confused about her feelings and everything! She handled it all really well though and I loved that she chose carefully who she really wanted to have a relationship with! Ryley and Camden were the main male characters of the first half of this book and they were so freaking hot! And there were two of them lol! Camden and Ryley were twins and were so similar to each other, but so different! Camden sort of had a stick up his ass, but I could understand why, and Ryley was a complete sweetheart! Both guys liked the same sort of things though and had the same taste in women! Gabriella was the main female character of the second half of this book, and like Ashleigh, she was such a normal, everyday person! Gabriella was Ashleigh's close friend and I have to say that Gabriella had a bit of a devilish side to her! She did something to prove this to me in this book! I have to say that I loved her realisation in this book as well! She knew what she wanted, so all she had to do was get it! Tyler was the main male character of the second half of this book and he was such a hottie! I could see his protective side come out in this book and that told me a lot about him! Tyler's character really intrigued me as he wasn't in this book a lot, but he always made an impression when he was! I can't wait to find out more about him in the next book in this series, especially since it's going to focus on him! I loved that the first half of this book was written from Ashleigh, Ryley and Camden's point of views and that the second half was written from Gabriella and Tyler's point of views! It really helped me connect with all the characters more! I can't wait to read the next book in this series! I know that it's going to be Tyler's story and I'm excited so read it and find out where his story is going to go! The cover for this book is so hot! It suits it perfectly too! Big thank you to L.P. Dover for a copy of A Fighter's Desire!

Intercepting Love (A Second Chances Standalone Book 5)
Intercepting Love (A Second Chances Standalone Book 5)

5.0 out of 5 stars Review: Intercepting Love [Second Chances 05] by L.P. Dover!, 25 May 2014
I just adore this series and I always look forward to the next book! I was really excited about this book when I heard whose book it was going to be because both main characters really intrigued me when they made appearances in the previous books! The plot of this book was amazing! There were a few times where the plot did slow down, but then it would start to build again! There was also a bit of suspense in this book, but I felt it was over too quickly lol! I would have loved it if more had happened to make the suspense build more! I really enjoyed it though and there were plenty of hot scenes too, which I loved! I also couldn't put this book down until I had finished it! I was really drawn into the plot and the characters! The characters were amazing! Kate was the main female character and she was such a loveable person! There was something about her that just made me love her and connect with her! I have to admit though that I didn't make the connection that Kate was actually in one of the previous books in this series until it was mentioned in this book lol! I recognised the scene as soon as it was mentioned though! My heart also broke for Kate in this book as well! Something devastating happened that changed the way she was and I cried so much when everything was revealed! It really showed how strong Kate was though and it showed what she had been through! Cooper was the main male character and also the main love interest of Kate! Cooper was introduced in the third book in this series, but he was only in it for a short time! I loved Cooper! He was so hot and I loved how protective he was of Kate! I could see how strong his feelings for her where! Cooper had a few secrets of his own in this book and I didn't know what was going to happen when they revealed! I was really happy with the outcome of it all though and I liked that Cooper's secret stirred things up a bit! I loved that this book was written from both Kate and Cooper's point of views! It helped me connect with both characters more and I loved getting to see their feelings for each other develop through both of their eyes! There was a love triangle in this book, but the synopsis tells you there's going to be! The love triangle was between Kate, Cooper and Luke! I was Team Cooper from page one, but I did like Luke! What I loved about the love triangle was that it wasn't the main focus of the story! There was so much more going on and I liked that the love triangle didn't overshadow that! It did add a lot to the plot though! I'm really excited to read the next book in this series! It's going to be about a character whose story I can't wait to read, so I'm excited! The cover for this book is absolutely stunning! It suits the other covers perfectly and I fell in love with it as soon as I saw it! Big thank you to L.P. Dover for a copy of Intercepting Love!

Break Free
Break Free

5.0 out of 5 stars Review: Break Free by Amber Garza!, 16 April 2014
This review is from: Break Free (Kindle Edition)
4.5 stars!

I was pretty excited to read this book when I first heard about it! First off, the cover is so amazing, and then second, the synopsis sounded right up my street! I've also read a few other books from this author and really enjoyed them, so I was looking forward to reading this one and finding out the story behind the cover! This book was about a girl trying to overcome her past! She learns in this book how to do that and how to appreciate life and that how you look doesn't define you! It was just amazing! The plot of this book was so beautiful! There was a lot in it too and I actually found it hard to put down! I also couldn't just read one more chapter! I had to read like six more before I could put it down lol! There were also a few twist and turns in the plot that I didn't see coming! My mouth was actually hanging open at one lol! I was in shock lol! I adored the plot though! It was a beautiful love story with a bit of action at the end and a big reveal that changed the story slightly! It had everything I love in the plot of a book! The characters were amazing! Jade was the main character and she though she was ugly and damaged because she had a scar on her face, she was in an abusive relationship and she took drugs! My heart went out to Jade because she was such a strong person who had been through a lot and she belittled herself because of her situation! As this book progressed, I found out that Jade had been through so much more than I thought she had though, and again, my heart just went out to her! She was just an amazing character that learned a lot about herself in this book though! And that was all down to her love interest! Her love interest showed her that that she was beautiful and she didn't have to hide! Kyler was the love interest of Jade and he showed her that her scar didn't define her, but her actions did! He showed her that it's okay to be different and okay to live, even after what Jade had been through! I just adored Kyler! I loved how he treated Jade too! He was so gentle with her and he let their relationship develop at her pace! Kyler sort of had his own problems and fears, but he put them to one side and he focused on Jade and he made sure she was happy and safe, which was amazing to see! It showed how strong his feelings for her where! I thought that this book was a standalone when I first heard about it, but it actually says that there's going to be another book called Break Through at the end of this book! I can't wait to read it! I'm assuming that it's maybe going to continue Jade and Kyler's story, but I'm not 100% sure as their story was pretty summed up! As I said, the cover for this book is amazing! I fell in love with it as soon as I saw it! The models on the front really suit the characters of Jade and Kyler too! Big thank you to Amber for a copy of Break Free!

Do Anything (The Wandering Hearts Series Book 1)
Do Anything (The Wandering Hearts Series Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Review: Do Anything [Wandering Hearts 01] by Wendy Owens!, 9 April 2014
4.5 stars!

I remember seeing the Cover Reveal on Facebook for this book and thinking the cover was stunning! I was really intrigued to read the story behind it, so when I got an email about ARCs, I quickly signed up for one! I'm so glad I did because this book was amazing! I really enjoyed it and it was so beautiful! The plot of Do Anything had a lot in it and it had some twist and turns in it too! I can say that I didn't see one major twist coming and I kinda thought that it was going to have a major impact on the plot, and it did, but it didn't have as big an impact as I thought! I'm still not sure whether this is a good or a bad thing lol! I just adored the plot though! It was really cute and I loved the whole idea of it! There were some chapters though that had me like either smiling like an idiot or left me with a gobsmacked face on because I couldn't believe what the main character had done or was going to do! It kinda made me love her and the plot more lol! The characters were amazing! Annabelle was the main character and she went through a lot in this book! She was really emotional at the start after what she catches her fiancé doing and then she quickly discovers something that's going to change her life forever! I definitely think that Annabelle took it in her stride though and she kept going, and she struggled, but everything worked out in the end for her, which is what I wanted so bad to happen! I loved Annabelle and I loved that she took risks, even when she didn't know the consequences! I just wished that she had more confidence with her love interest, but I do have to say that she did get more confident near the end of this book! Holden was the love interest of Annabelle and he was so freaking cute! I loved the little things he did for Annabelle and I could see that he had really deep feelings for her and he had since he first laid eyes on her! Holden had been through a lot relationship wise as well and I could see how deflated it had left him! Annabelle brought light back into his life though and made him realise that everyone gets a second chance at love! I also loved that Holden encouraged Annabelle all the way through this book to write her own book and to not be scared to jump head first! There were also some secondary characters in this book and they all added so much to the plot! I loved them all! I thought this book was a standalone when I first heard about it, but it says on the cover that it's the start of a series! I'm so excited to read the next book! It also gives you more information about the next book at the back of this book and I'm so excited about who it's going to be about! This character really intrigued me and I can't wait to read her story! As I said, the cover for this book is stunning! It's perfect for the book and the models on the front are exactly the same as what the main characters are described like! Big thank you to Wendy and Red Coat PR for a copy of Do Anything!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7