Profile for Anni > Reviews

Chalet Girl [DVD]
Chalet Girl [DVD]
Dvd ~ Felicity Jones

5.0 out of 5 stars Best chick-flick in a long time, 17 July 2012
This review is from: Chalet Girl [DVD] (DVD)
I loved it! Originally bought because of Ed Westwick, the film is amazing. Even my male, 32 year old straight flatmate loves it and we went through a phase of watching it at least one a week. It's witty and doesn't take itself serious. Nice scenery and a very talented Felicity Jones, eye candy with Ed Westwick (I do wonder if he just plays himself all the time, he is HOT), now Brooke from One Tree Hill definitely can only play one kind of girl but thankfully she only has a small part. If you want a new guilty pleasure, go for Chalet Girl. Btw, the soundtrack is also excellent :)

The Fever Tree
The Fever Tree
by Jennifer McVeigh

5.0 out of 5 stars What a wonderful book, 17 July 2012
This review is from: The Fever Tree (Paperback)
Finally, after many many novels with your typical love story, I fell in love with this book as it was so different to other recent novels. Well researched storyline, set in an unusual geography/time. It's a very unique book and will always be one of my favourites.

Depressive illness-curse of the strong
Depressive illness-curse of the strong
by Dr. Tim Cantopher

5.0 out of 5 stars BUY IT!, 17 July 2012
I was very suspicious when my psychologist recommended the book to, and remained during reading it. Whilst I certainly don't agree with everything in the book, the book really did help me. I would like all my friends, family and colleagues to read the book, so they can understand what's happening when someone goes through a spell of depression. A very encouraging read.

A Discovery of Witches (All Souls Trilogy 1)
A Discovery of Witches (All Souls Trilogy 1)
by Deborah Harkness

5.0 out of 5 stars I want more, 17 July 2012
I want more, more of this book and the books to follow. Very excited to hear that they are making a movie out of it. The set should be beautiful with academic Oxford and witch-like East Coast America. It's a lovely story, with a beautiful yet complicated love story. It's Twilight for grown ups, just better.

I Heart London
I Heart London
by Lindsey Kelk

4.0 out of 5 stars And another one in the I heart series, 17 July 2012
This review is from: I Heart London (Paperback)
I agree with others, it's not as good as the other I heart books but I still thoroughly enjoyed reading it. Everyone who has read and enjoyed the previous book should definitely read it, if only for completion. I bet everyone wants to know what will happen to our dear characters after following through New York, Las Vegas, Hollywood and Paris we had to see what Angela's London life is like; afterall I am a London girl myself!

Debrett's Etiquette for Girls
Debrett's Etiquette for Girls
by Fleur Britten

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely illustrations, very girly book, 17 July 2012
It is a nice book to look at. The illustrations are sweet and the contents is good. However I feel that some things go without saying, others I was quite keen to hear about. The book is quite heavy and has an odd format. But it's one of the nicer etiquette books around, tailored to the modern girl's needs.

Shadow of Night (All Souls Trilogy 2)
Shadow of Night (All Souls Trilogy 2)
by Deborah Harkness

5.0 out of 5 stars OMG!!, 17 July 2012
OMG - is all I can say. I was torn between fast reading it to the end and not reading it so it'd last longer. I am so excited for book 3. I loved the 50 Shades of Grey trilogy, but to be perfectly honest, if I had to choose, I would go for Diana and Matthew. Definitely start with Book 1 - Discovery of the Witches though. Shadow of Night = a successful sequel

Daughter of Smoke and Bone (Daughter of Smoke and Bone Trilogy)
Daughter of Smoke and Bone (Daughter of Smoke and Bone Trilogy)
by Laini Taylor

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book, 17 July 2012
Beautifully written, lovely storyline, I am addicted and cannot wait for the next book. I love when books offer something new, a story I cannot predict. This is one of those book. Highly recommend buying it to anyone who's looking for a new book to be addicted to.

Before I Go To Sleep
Before I Go To Sleep
by S J Watson

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome!, 27 Oct. 2011
This review is from: Before I Go To Sleep (Hardcover)
Such a good read! Brilliant book. Enjoyed every page of this book, unable to stop reading at night, leaving me with some sleepless nights. Good storyline! Buy it now.

Many Of Horror
Many Of Horror

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 27 Oct. 2011
This review is from: Many Of Horror (MP3 Download)
Mon the Bif! You cant get wrong with any song of this album. Biffy are one of the best bands around at the moment. Many of horror is just beautiful!

Page: 1 | 2