Profile for JW > Reviews

JW (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Elypse
Elypse

5.0 out of 5 stars Rock, electronic meets orchestral arrangement to huge success!, 12 Jan. 2015
This review is from: Elypse (Audio CD)
LOVE IT! I was so happy to realise (albeit belatedly) that Camila had released a new album and after hearing tracks online I ordered this and am not disappointed one bit, having loved their previous one. For me, each album has improved on the previous and I can't stop playing this one at the moment.

This one shows the changes they have to their music. It is a wonderful mix of AOR ballads with powerful orchestral arrangements which add to the emotion behind the songs and the powerful lyrics. You can't help but feel the force of the music even if you don't understand Spanish. If you do understand Spanish, you can watch the videos on YouTube of the Camila talk about the making of this album and about the songs and the music direction they took on this album.

I haven't decided on a favourite track yet but Perdon is so emotional and if you see the video you can't help but be moved.

I discovered Camila on looking for Latino pop to help me with learning Spanish and I get the bonus of actually having lyrics in the CD notes.

20360 Russell Hobbs Desire Whole Fruit Juicer, 2 L, 550 W - Black
20360 Russell Hobbs Desire Whole Fruit Juicer, 2 L, 550 W - Black
Offered by PINK AND BLUE GIFTS

3.0 out of 5 stars Functional but flawed, 25 Nov. 2014
I borrowed this from a friend to try out juicing and I have used this for about 2 weeks, amounting to about 8 juicing sessions in that time. I have primarily used apples, carrots, beetroot, cucumber and ginger.

From about 2 beetroot, 2 apples 3 carrots, I get about 400ml of juice. The pulp is not bone dry, but not bad but can't compare to any other juicer. (A Sage one was demo'd to me and I was not that much more impressed by that.) One time is spat out the ginger without juicing it much, I have ended up with bits in the juice itself occasionally i.e. root of the beetroot so I wouldn't put apples with stalks or cores in. The mint leaves were spat out occasionally too.

Functionality and Design:
1) the bar that holds the top down is inconvenient. If I start disassembling it for cleaning with the jug in place, I am in danger of knocking the juice over, if I remove the juice, it drips!!
2) It splutters when juicing so beware, it's got over myself, the floor and worktop in the vicinity. Messy especially with beetroot.
3) Not as hard to clean as I anticipated but no walk-over either. For me it was simplest to run each part under the tap as I took it apart piece by piece, chucking it all in the sink at once was too cluttered and got in the way of cleaning each bit properly. The hardest to clean was of course the metal grater but I ran it under the tap from the outside inwards and using the sponge (my friend didn't give me the brush)
4) Component-wise, there are about as many pieces to this as any other juicer I have seen, grater, spout section, waste bucket and lid and the part for pushing in your fruit and veg. The grater needs a bit of jiggling to get into place when you put it back together, you have to put it with the spout section in at the same time. A bit of jiggling to remove the whole thing too which is a bit annoying as it means even more drips.

Overall, it does the job, not as bad as I had expected from general reviews of juicers. It does the job and for the price, I think it does it more than adequately. I wouldn't say a complete "no" to having the same one but I am looking at others to avoid those aspects that bug me most. I may update this review with a product comparison.

For those who think there is a lot of pulp, that's because there is a lot of fibre in fruit and veg. If you don't want pulp, perhaps consider a Vitamix that blends it all up.

Aluna [DVD]
Aluna [DVD]
Dvd ~ Alan Ereira
Offered by Assai-uk

5.0 out of 5 stars A mind-blowing film that must be seen., 31 Oct. 2014
This review is from: Aluna [DVD] (DVD)
Beautifully shot film with a hugely important message. The intelligence of the Kogi tribe and the understanding of the earth is beyond our comprehension, all too often tribal people are dismissed as ignorant and un-evolved but this film shows that it is modern man who is ignorant and that they deserve more respect and that we have much to learn from them. I saw this film at a screening and buying this to share with everyone I know. We need to have more understanding and respect for the world we live in and that is the message the Kogi tribe are trying to teach us. A must see docu-film.

Homemade Organic Soap Making - A Simple Beginners Guide To Making Rich Handcrafted Soap Easily (Homemade Soap, Handcrafted Soap, Easy Guide For Soap Making, Simple Ways For Soap Making)

1.0 out of 5 stars ZERO STARS - stop reading about this book now!, 18 Oct. 2014
Don't bother wasting your time downloading, let alone actually trying to read it. Pointless. Uninformative. Has NOTHING about how to make it yourself, merely blabs "about" the subject of soap making.

Sistema Breakfast on the Go, Pink
Sistema Breakfast on the Go, Pink
Offered by abjdirectgoods

2.0 out of 5 stars Leaks downwards and outwards., 25 Sept. 2014
Bought this a while ago but only recently used it to carry milk and muesli but it failed on two counts. It leaked into the bottom layer so ended up with soggy cereal anyway. The milk leaked out of the container, thankfully I had put the container in a ziploc bag! Doesn't actually hold much cereal or milk or yoghurt anyway despite its appearance.

Isotoner Womens Embroidered Terry Slippers
Isotoner Womens Embroidered Terry Slippers

3.0 out of 5 stars Not the Isotoner of old days, 17 Aug. 2014
I have used Isotoner ballet slippers for over 15 years but since they were taken over by Totes, the quality has deteriorated significantly.
I still have a pair that is over 8 years, washed worn millions of times but the more recent purchase, ones like those above (but in a cherry design) are about a year old, once washed, the filling has shifted into a single lump. The suede sole is now cracking around the side stitching, they are only line dried so it's not the heat. The fit to the foot is also far inferior in shape, the old ones felt snug, these feel a little less so. They fit, but not like the other ones.

These are cheaper than Isotoner used to be, given inflationary terms. Cost cutting shows. I would prefer a slightly higher price and better quality.

Incidentally, I also had Totes ones about 12 years ago, which were noticeably cheaper and nastier at the time and lasted not very long, their DNA has obviously been mixed with my beloved Isotoners and produced an inferior product, so sad!

Timex Expedition Fullsize Quartz Watch with White Dial Analogue - Digital Display and Brown Leather Strap T49828SU
Offered by Kay's Watch Shop

5.0 out of 5 stars Everything you need in a travel watch, 1 Aug. 2014
I bought this from Argos as an inexpensive watch to travel with but with all the functions I would need. I loved the date with day as I was losing track of days whilst on my 7m trip. Loved this watch but did a watch swap along the way not because I needed to but I was given a more expensive watch and really miss the versatility of this and all the features. Love the alarm, indiglo everything and lots of people complimented the look and clear display. Can't replace it at the same price unfortunately but would love to. A bit dear for over £60 but maybe it's because I was spoilt for buying for less than £40.

Beadalon Ergo Style Chain Nose Pliers
Beadalon Ergo Style Chain Nose Pliers

2.0 out of 5 stars Over-rated Description, 3 Jan. 2014
I bought these looking for something of a better quality than my previous pair which were too textured in the pincer part and was damaging the wires. These are also similarly textured but the worst thing is that the yellow and blue part are not bonded well together, a slight gap in mine which would cause rubbing if you use them a fair bit, depending on your tolerance. I didn't bother with these and have given them away instead of returning them. Disappointing.

Dejarte De Amar
Dejarte De Amar

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, 3 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Dejarte De Amar (Audio CD)
I came across this band looking for music in Spanish for practise, and heard Mientes. I love this album. Handy it has the lyrics included. If you're a fan of pop rock and ballads, you will enjoy this. YouTube them and you can hear their music.

NEW TALA SILICONE PIPING BAG & LARGE NOZZLE SET ICING CREAM POTATOES ETC 9928
NEW TALA SILICONE PIPING BAG & LARGE NOZZLE SET ICING CREAM POTATOES ETC 9928
Offered by Top Brand Discounts 4 u

1.0 out of 5 stars Too stretchy to pipe, 3 Jan. 2014
I bought this to pipe mashed potato which it said it was suitable for on the box. Sadly not the case, not fit for purpose. The silicon bag stretched too much to create enough pressure for the mash to come out of the widest nozzle in the kit. The mash kept breaking up looking more like crusty dog poo which led me to call my fish pie, Poopy Pie that night (much to my sister's hilarity and my niece going urgh and refusing to eat the pie!) I ended up forking the mash once I'd piped it defeating the whole purpose of piping. I don't recommend. Get a proper bag instead.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 14, 2014 11:17 PM GMT

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4