Profile for brian > Reviews

brian

Void Moon
Void Moon
Price: 5.49

4.0 out of 5 stars A compelling read even with rather more deaths than enough., 18 Dec 2013
This review is from: Void Moon (Kindle Edition)
O good fast moving crime action story. More deaths than I feel real - is USA really this gory? Not withstanding the gory bits, I still had to read to a finish quickly. Connelly tells a good story.

The Black Box (Harry Bosch Book 18)
The Black Box (Harry Bosch Book 18)
Price: 5.49

5.0 out of 5 stars A compelling read, 18 Dec 2013
A quality read as one comes to expect from this writer. I now know his characters and look to see how he develops there interaction with his main character. I look forward to his next book - it is on my Christmas list!

As They Slept - Part 2 (The comical tales of a London commuter)
As They Slept - Part 2 (The comical tales of a London commuter)
Price: 1.53

4.0 out of 5 stars I guess he was born in Watford given his support for that football team. My support started even before Elton John!, 29 May 2013
I enjoyed this book and will be looking for part three. Having commuted for many years, his views are very real.

Having commuted for many years, it is easy to identfy his people - they exist on all routes.

My only critisism is his continual use of the words firstly and secondly so often in his prose. I was always taught at my Grammar School that neither words existed and the correct form is FIRST and SECOND. A task for his editor perhaps?

This Boy
This Boy
Price: 3.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Clear proof that this man should have challenged for the Labour leadership. He would have made a better PM than any career poli, 29 May 2013
This review is from: This Boy (Kindle Edition)
Alan Johnson had a tougher life before he was 18 than most people can experience in a lifetime. His sister was quite unbelievable in the sacrifices she was prepared to make. She also should wrote her story.