Profile for Bulbeck Family > Reviews

Creativity for Kids Sew Cute Kitty Kit
Creativity for Kids Sew Cute Kitty Kit
Price: 9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Sock Kitty - A lovely afternoon activity, 27 July 2014
My 10yr old daughter completed this in an afternoon. It's a lovely kit, the instructions were easy for us to follow. We have kept the patterns and she intends to make Ginger a friend using another pair of socks and the left over bits of the kit. I would recommend for ages 8-13 yrs.

My Funny Family
My Funny Family
by Chris Higgins
Price: 3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for my child who worries., 19 May 2014
This review is from: My Funny Family (Paperback)
My daughter (10) is very similar to the main character in this book. It has helped her to feel more normal about her worries and also helped me to see what it can be like inside my daughter's head. We are looking forward to reading the sequel together. And you don't have to be a worrier to enjoy this book - my 7 yr old has also been loving My Funny Family being read to her.

Sprinkles the Magic Cupcake Pony (Princess Evie's Ponies)
Sprinkles the Magic Cupcake Pony (Princess Evie's Ponies)
by Sarah KilBride
Price: 3.85

4.0 out of 5 stars Love the cardboard pony!, 12 Nov 2013
The idea of a free pony is a great one because it brings a different dimension to reading the story. The pony is cardboard, very good quality and 3d in the sense the horses tummy area is not flat. It's like a book with a free toy! We got this book from the library and now I am on Amazon looking to buy it or another one from the series for my 6 yr olds' Christmas or birthday.

Tap Tap Creative Art Set
Tap Tap Creative Art Set
Offered by TAOS
Price: 10.00

4.0 out of 5 stars 14 picture cards included., 25 Dec 2010
This review is from: Tap Tap Creative Art Set (Toy)
Not mentioned before - this comes with 14 double sided cards with examples of what to create. One side is full colour and one side black and white. And, although it comes with 2 hammers there's only one board. Child 2 used an old box to hammer her pieces into but ideally we will need to get hold of another cork base so they can both play at the same time.

A Boy Called MOUSE
A Boy Called MOUSE
Price: 3.60

4.0 out of 5 stars thoroughly enjoyable., 12 Dec 2010
After seeing the recommendations here I got this book from the library thinking my 8 yr old would enjoy reading it. I, as an adult thoroughly enjoyed reading this book - however it is very long (450 pages; 86 chapters) and I know my 8 yr old is not ready for this yet. He is currently reading short chapter books of about 10 chapters and this is a big leap up from that. I would recommend for age 10+.

Creativity For Kids Mini Kit Make Your Own Pirate Ship
Creativity For Kids Mini Kit Make Your Own Pirate Ship
Offered by supermart USA
Price: 6.81

5.0 out of 5 stars and 3 years later it's still on display, 20 Nov 2010
I got this for my son then 5 and we really enjoyed making it together. He's now 8 and it's still on the shelf in his room. He likes the fact that he painted it. My 7 yr old niece received one recently and really enjoyed making it and now I'm buying one for a 7 yr old boy's birthday present!

BIG THOUGHTS FOR LITTLE PEOPLE
BIG THOUGHTS FOR LITTLE PEOPLE
by TAYLOR KENNETH
Price: 9.04

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book - my girls keep bringing it to me to read., 3 Oct 2010
I bought this book a couple of weeks ago and I am reading a page a day to my girls age 3 and 6. They both love it and my 3yr old keeps bringing it to me saying "don't forget to read the next page in the 'big' book today" (the book isn't actually 'big'). I wanted something that might help my 3yr old learn right from wrong - to share, not to cry over nothing etc. The pictures are what really brings it to life for my children. There is lots happening in each picture, a number of ladybirds to find and then we look for things that begin with that pages letter. F is for forgiving and my dd(6) finds 'frog, fish, fire engine, fireman, first aid and flippers' For my dd(3), I say can you find a frog? f is for frog. Can you find a fireman? f is for fireman etc so it is helping her to start thinking about the sound at the beginning of words.

A is for Asking, B is for behave, C is for crying, D is for doing, E is for everyone, F is for forgiving, G is for God, H is for helping, I is for illness, J is for joyful, K is for kindness, L is for lying, M is for messy, N is for nice, O is for obey, P is for polite, Q is for quarrel, R is for resting, S is for singing, T is for thankful, U is for unselfish, V is for visitors, W is for worship, X is for xylophone, Y is for yelling, Z is for zebra.

I would say this book is for boys and girls aged 3-7 years.

I also bought "God's Wisdom for Little Girls" by Elizabeth George. My dd(6) loves this book and has chosen it for reading at bedtime 3 out of 4 nights since I first read it to her. I read the whole book to her. I haven't read it to dd(3) yet feeling it more for when she's a little older.

Katie Morag's Island Stories
Katie Morag's Island Stories
by Mairi Hedderwick
Price: 5.59

4.0 out of 5 stars Four stories in this book., 3 Oct 2010
I got this book from the library and read it to my dd(6) and ds(8). They both enjoyed the stories and the pictures and have asked me to get more stories starring Katie Morag from the library.

Four stories in this book:
Katie Morag Delivers the Mail
Katie Morag and the Two Grandmothers
Katie Morag and the Tiresome Ted
Katie Morag and the Big Boy Cousins
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 5, 2014 12:26 PM GMT

The Story of the World: Ancient Times v. 1: History for the Classical Child (Story of the World: History for the Classical Child)
by Susan Wise Bauer
Price: 15.99

5.0 out of 5 stars History at it's best, 19 July 2008
I am home schooling and bought this book 6 months ago to teach history to my 6 year old. I have not been disappointed. He has really enjoyed learning about the Egyptians and how much a part the River Nile played in their initial survival. I would recommend buying the activity book that is used alongside this as we have enjoyed making scrolls, writing hieroglyphs, making pyramid models and a makeshift river nile in the garden. I don't think I would have come up with these ideas on my own! The two definitely go hand in hand. The activity book is "The Story of the World: Ancient Times Bk. 1 [Paperback] by Wise, Bauer S". It took me a while to decide from the amazon search results which one it was as it's not labelled as an activity book.

The Book of Prehistoric Pop-up Board Games (Pop Up Board Games)
The Book of Prehistoric Pop-up Board Games (Pop Up Board Games)
by Robert Nicholls
Price: 12.40

3.0 out of 5 stars Great idea, does it work?, 19 July 2008
This is a fantastic idea and looks great. The artwork and colour is amazing and the 3d game boards - great workmanship and very enticing. We were really looking forward to playing. However the actual game play was disappointing. There is a cardboard spinner (1 to 6) that is attached to the book which tells you how many squares to move. However because it is attached to the book and folds out in front of the book and because the book has a hard cover it doesn't sit completely flat on the table and so obtaining a 6 is near impossible. Two of the four games rely on spinning a 6 (one to win and one to start) so this made for 2 very boring games. Once we had realised that actually the spinner was next to useless we got a die from another game and this was much better. Book also has a storage pocket for the counters which is useful. My son is an avid dinosaur fan but we don't bother with the little booklet that comes with it - we just play the games. He has so many other books which are better for learning about dinosaurs. Looking back I would still buy this for the games but not for the booklet - and remember to supply your own die!

Page: 1 | 2