Profile for H. Davies-Carr > Reviews

Content by H. Davies-Carr

H. Davies-Carr "HDC" (UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Kindle Voyage, 6" High-Resolution Display (300 ppi) with Adaptive Built-in Light, PagePress Sensors, Wi-Fi

3.0 out of 5 stars Whilie is is an excellent e-reader and many of the key features you would ..., 14 Nov. 2014
I have mixed feelings about the kindle. Whilie is is an excellent e-reader and many of the key features you would expect are really good. It fails to address a wider audience and problems that so many other tech devices have. For example I buy e-books from various sources not just Amazon and the Kindle cannot cope with directories structures or folders which causes me issues. The speed of the update of the screen is ok but it feels like it is underpowered and sluggish like sat navs. The touch interface is ok but not precise. I think technically and price wise I would probably rate this 4.5 stars but because the software and features fail to improve model after model I have to rate the Kindle down at 3 stars.

AURAGLOW 6w LED GU10 Light Bulb, Daylight (Full Spectrum) 50w Equivalent
AURAGLOW 6w LED GU10 Light Bulb, Daylight (Full Spectrum) 50w Equivalent

2.0 out of 5 stars Low Quality LED - not worth it agaisnt other brands, 26 May 2014
I have tried most brands of LED's and lots of types. I find this range ok but not for the long term. Expect a little more than 2 years and you will not be disappointed - however at the cost they are not worth it.

Salter Mini Electronic Timer
Salter Mini Electronic Timer

1.0 out of 5 stars No use at all - fails in all areas, 15 April 2014
A useless product which I guess I was lucky to have work for a few minutes just after I unpacked it. Total waste of money. This is the first Salter device from many that I regret buying

Decrescent Universal Weighted Beanbag Dashboard Friction Mount for GPS/Mobile Device - Black
Offered by Decrescent

2.0 out of 5 stars Does not move but does not keep suction, 15 April 2014
The beanbag does not move but the area where you apply the suction mount does not work satisfactorily. I know my suction mounts work as they stick to the window but they will not stay stuck to this product for very long. Good idea - not a good result.

VELUX Telescopic Rod Pole To Operate VELUX Blinds Skylight Roof Window
VELUX Telescopic Rod Pole To Operate VELUX Blinds Skylight Roof Window
Offered by Itzala Blinds

3.0 out of 5 stars Way over prices for a hook on a stick, 15 April 2014
Way over prices for a hook on a stick. Price probably kept high due to Velux control of the market

Casio Gents Watch Pro Trek PRW-5000T-7ER
Casio Gents Watch Pro Trek PRW-5000T-7ER
Offered by WatchHub

5.0 out of 5 stars A great multi function watch, 15 April 2014
I had a predecessor to this watch but changing the battery became expensive and the watch looked warn. I bought this mainly for the solar feature as everything else was on my previous watch.

Down side - alarm far to quite, some features are hard to operate (remember all the key sequences)

Th watch is bulky but I knew that before i bought it and this was not an issue but maybe for some.

Disney Infinity Power Disc (Xbox 360/PS3/Nintendo Wii/Wii U/3DS)
Disney Infinity Power Disc (Xbox 360/PS3/Nintendo Wii/Wii U/3DS)
Offered by Clearance Game Deals

2.0 out of 5 stars These add very little to an already overpriced game system, 15 April 2014
I wish I had not bought these - very limited value - the random factor is also very upsetting for small children

Quantum Entanglement
Quantum Entanglement

5.0 out of 5 stars A fun, interesting and engaging read, 15 April 2014
Firstly I need to say I know the author in fact I work with him. However had I not liked the book I would simply not have written a review.

The story lines are disparate and engaging, the characters well thought out - in fact I do find the characters have more depth than some of the story but that could be my lack of appreciating all the threads.

I found the ends of various chapters did leave me wanting to read more of the story and that is a critical part of any read.

I was also fortunate to ask Ian some questions about the ending which help me understand the implications.

I would recommend this book if you are after something to challenge your perceptions and understanding of what is normal.

Stealth Archery Set
Stealth Archery Set

5.0 out of 5 stars best bow and arrow set I have found, 15 April 2014
This review is from: Stealth Archery Set (Toy)
We have bought plenty of bow and arrow sets. This was for an 8th birthday. The limitation of the bow is having to feed the arrow through a hole in the bow itself so it feels very different from most bows. The advantage is children being able to fire accurately all the time. It is therefore a small price to pay for the level of fun. Arrows are all moulded in one which I think is a mistake but they are not too expensive to replace.

Avery Full Face CD Labels- Quick Dry Inkjet
Avery Full Face CD Labels- Quick Dry Inkjet

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product - easy to use, 22 April 2013
I used the word templates and this product is easy to use all round. Word templates are not the best format for being creative but it is pretty easy to get a great result.

The positioning tabs are a great idea and work pretty well.

Page: 1 | 2