Profile for Savvy Gran > Reviews

Content by Savvy Gran

Savvy Gran "marnie" (West Country Great Britain)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
The Complete Machine Embroidery Manual
The Complete Machine Embroidery Manual
by Elizabeth Keegan

5.0 out of 5 stars perfect for embroidery machine users, 21 April 2015
if you are planning on getting a sewing machine that embroiders, or an embroidery only machine, this is the book for you.beverything spelled out clearly, with illustrations. it doesn't cover all the makes ( it couldn't) but does provide a very clear overview.

Ecover Washing Up Liquid Grapefruit and Green Tea 1 Litre (Pack of 6)
Ecover Washing Up Liquid Grapefruit and Green Tea 1 Litre (Pack of 6)

5.0 out of 5 stars only brand I will use now., 13 April 2015
Nice, long lasting washup with two major advantages: it doesn't turn my hands into eczema emergencies, and it lasts forever.

The Miller Howe Cook Book: Over 200 Recipes from John Tovey's Famous Lake District Restaurant
by John Tovey

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous touches to make food special, 13 April 2015
i remember making a wonderful cheese soufflé from his recipes, so bought this nostalgically. Just as good as I remember. So.....now I will be making wonderful tasty food with lots of lovely little tips to make it look effortless and professional. No more late to the table while I finish or titivate dishes; there are so many large kitchen techniques here I will copy.

Good Food: Gluten-free recipes (Good Food 101)
Good Food: Gluten-free recipes (Good Food 101)
by Sarah Cook

5.0 out of 5 stars so far, very good indeed, 12 April 2015
Lots of nice recipes. The Apricot honey and pistachio bars are also brill with cranberries and cherries substituted. The muesli beats ANY supermarket version, and the pizza is pretty good too. Quite a lot of recipes use gluten-free flour, but it is a UK book so not full of impossible ingredients.

Honeybuns Gluten-free Baking
Honeybuns Gluten-free Baking
by Emma Goss-Custard

5.0 out of 5 stars Salvation for GF bakers., 12 April 2015
Lovely book. Quite by accident I came across Honeybuns in a magazine- lovely to know everything they make is gF. Then I found our local coffee shop stocks their produce ( so many places don't and I am fed up watching my other half stuff his face); so nice to find they will share their lovely recipes. For the UK market and much simpler than the other gF books I've bought, ( how many ingredients can you get in a recipe- I ask you). I' going to make one a week for ever.

niceEshop(TM) Beauty Tools Lash Curler-Nature Curl Style Cute Curl Eyelash Curlers-Silver
Offered by Cosy-Zone

5.0 out of 5 stars good price, 12 April 2015
very reasonable and as good a quality as a top brand I have tried.

ANSIO A2 Double Sided Self Healing  5 Layers Cutting Mat Metric/Imperial 45cmx 60cm -  Grey/ Brown
ANSIO A2 Double Sided Self Healing 5 Layers Cutting Mat Metric/Imperial 45cmx 60cm - Grey/ Brown
Offered by Perfekt Direct

5.0 out of 5 stars great value, great flexibility, 6 April 2015
I like the grey- so much nicer than the pervasive green ones! This is large, has imperial markings on one side, metric on the other: angles, circles, measurements- super. double the life as both sides are cutting surfaces.

101 Sewing Secrets (Singer Sewing Reference Library)
101 Sewing Secrets (Singer Sewing Reference Library)
by Janice Cauley

5.0 out of 5 stars professional tips I have never seen before, 31 Mar. 2015
very helpful indeed. all beautifully photographer, with some tips new to me despite 50 years of sewing! try the single thread technique, or the easy flat fell seam..or the topstitching tips..

Quilting by Machine (Singer Sewing Reference Library)
Quilting by Machine (Singer Sewing Reference Library)
by Cy Decosse Inc

5.0 out of 5 stars classic quilting, 31 Mar. 2015
Very good information with excellent colour photos.

Sewing with an Overlock (Singer sewing reference library)
Sewing with an Overlock (Singer sewing reference library)
by Singer Sewing Reference Library

5.0 out of 5 stars very useful, 31 Mar. 2015
dated but full of useful information. i wish I hD bought this when I first had my overlocker. possibly better than the more modern books, with very good pictures.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20